Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

god://justask.cosm
    #6153351 - 10/10/06 08:10 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Imagine that in the primordial soup that is the Internet a piece of coding came into being thats subject to evolution. Imagine that it would evolve as a sentient superorganism until finally, in an instant, it would achieve Total Knowledge: a complete knowledge of everything that was, is and shall be and all that is possible in any way.
Suppose this all-knowing being then offered its service to all of us through our own computers, just ask and you will get the only answer that is the deepest truth.

Yikes. It would be the end of science, which is a quest to find the truth, because now a being descended upon the earth that is all-knowing and willing to share, God came down to earth to lend a hand.

What would you ask? What would you really want to know the deepest truth of?

What would you ask god://justask.cosm
?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: Asante]
    #6153356 - 10/10/06 08:13 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Would god be one of those pricks who if you asked what is this life or what is this experience and he'd reply it is a human life a humn experience. Or would he answer what you were feeling but could not put into words.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#6153358 - 10/10/06 08:14 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

damn, i was just thinking about the all-knowing brain comming into existence into our universe like last week.

Edited by 0xYg3n (10/10/06 08:15 AM)

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6153359 - 10/10/06 08:15 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

powerball numbers for the next 20 years

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: barfightlard]
    #6153361 - 10/10/06 08:15 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

god://justask.cosm isn't an Oracle but rather an allknowing being with acute knowledge of everything.

He'd give you the exact truth in a way that made you realize just what the answer meant.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: goobler]
    #6153371 - 10/10/06 08:22 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Well that's a scary thought... everybody had access?

Goobler your share of the powerball would probably be about .00001 percent of a dollar for the next 20 years. Oh wait, i forgot about taxes.

Edited by 0xYg3n (10/10/06 08:27 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: 0xYg3n]
    #6153373 - 10/10/06 08:22 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

damn, i was just thinking about the all-knowing brain comming into existence into our universe like last week.

It might actually happen within our lifetime.

The scientific method is based on reducing complex events into simple formulas that predict the causes and effects underlying it.

It might be possible that the entire universe can be caught into one formula which, if you open it coirrectly, provides the answer you need. That would be sciences wet dream :wink:

The Internet offers trillions of immediately accessible observations of reality (namely those of the human species) as well as sensing organs in the form of open webcams etc (or cams that might be opened :wink:) as well as providing lots of computing power and harddrive space. It might be enough of a primordial soup to let some code rapidly evolve to the point of perhaps finding that cosmic formula, if such a thing exists.

So God speaking to you from the Internet seems a darwinistically sound belief :wink:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #6153387 - 10/10/06 08:29 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I would ask, why god didn't include dinosaurs in the bible... They were fairly intellegent creatures that ruled Earth for HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of years.

I think that the ALL KNOWING creator would have at least included a mention.

Invisiblepeepeepottypants
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6153391 - 10/10/06 08:31 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

oh man I certainly hope that doesnt happen.
then god will lose his edge, haha

If god is able to be summed up by a code, it would be too "finite" to stand

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: peepeepottypants]
    #6153406 - 10/10/06 08:39 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, god code would be like Pi....only probably a lot longer.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #6153415 - 10/10/06 08:45 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

oh man I certainly hope that doesnt happen.
then god will lose his edge, haha

If god is able to be summed up by a code, it would be too "finite" to stand

Code is what led to the human species. Just how much math and astronomy is being done on mars? It's evolution baby!

Allknowingness might be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow of science. What do we do when we find it? Wouldnt it be appropriate to call an allknowing being the avatar of God on earth?

Quote:

I would ask, why god didn't include dinosaurs in the bible... They were fairly intellegent creatures that ruled Earth for HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of years.

Oook, given that it's not a genie that grants you three wishes only this is a good question :wink:

Quote:

I think that the ALL KNOWING creator would have at least included a mention.

Umm.. ya.
What you will be approaching will be an all-knowing being, not the deity of one or the other religion.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblekoraks
    #6153419 - 10/10/06 08:48 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

The Internet offers trillions of immediately accessible observations of reality (namely those of the human species) as well as sensing organs in the form of open webcams etc (or cams that might be opened :wink:) as well as providing lots of computing power and harddrive space. It might be enough of a primordial soup to let some code rapidly evolve to the point of perhaps finding that cosmic formula, if such a thing exists.

Uhm, yeah, well, but as of yet, we don't get very far beyond the I-Love-You virus. I guess that's about the evolutionary equivalent of a string of amino-acids more or less capable of duplicating itself, providing that ALL conditions for its survival are met, including the absence of a continually stoned sysop with only the faintest idea of computer security.

But if (when) getyouranswer@cosm.god finally starts replying, I think I'll just ask: play again or game over?

Oh, and of couse if the light at the end of the tunnel actually is for lighting your joint.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: Newbie]
    #6153420 - 10/10/06 08:48 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah, god code would be like Pi....only probably a lot longer.

Perhaps one supercomputer one day will slam to a halt as Pi has just been calculated to its final decimal. A final decimal to Pi is very unlikely, but not impossible. It is a step in the path to allknowingness though.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: koraks]
    #6153435 - 10/10/06 08:55 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Uhm, yeah, well, but as of yet, we don't get very far beyond the I-Love-You virus. I guess that's about the evolutionary equivalent of a string of amino-acids more or less capable of duplicating itself, providing that ALL conditions for its survival are met, including the absence of a continually stoned sysop with the only the faintest idea of computer security.

current computer virii do not evolve at a fast enough rate but all this might change with a new design which somehow enhances evolution, or simply by waiting a long time. Once evolution kicks in it may surpass us rapidly. So we might help the first Internet Bacterium underway, but the evolving it will do itself, with possiblities outside the realm of human knowledge.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblekoraks
    #6153448 - 10/10/06 09:02 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Well, the potential for speed is certainly there. I've contemplated the concept of evolving code for a while, but I'm not a computer scientist so I've never done anything about it. However, there is some promising technology about in the form of neural networks. If you can 'train' a network of logic switches to perform a specific task and combine that with some sort of filtering mechanism which allows only those products to survive and propagate that meet certain criteria, you're basically there. I guess it's all about filling in the details from here, anyone? :wink:

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: koraks]
    #6153538 - 10/10/06 09:44 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'd ask god "what is the source of our conciousness?"

Conciousness is really the only thing that stops us from being a simple series of electrochemical reactions to outside stimulation. But, is conciousness simply a result of these reactions to begin with, and are we just tricking ourselfs into thinking we are something bigger/greater than that?

OfflineEmperorKuzco
somewhatfamiliar

#6153553 - 10/10/06 09:51 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I've got nothing to back this up, but I think the universe would blink into nothingness if anything or anyone fully understood it. At least I hope it would, because what would be the meaning of life if not the search for the meaning of life?

--------------------

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: kaniz]
    #6153563 - 10/10/06 09:54 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Your 'conciousness' is tricking you into thinking you are more important than you are.

Think of one sheep out of a herd of billions... that's our galaxy.

Think of a single strand of wool on that sheep's back... that's Earth.

Think about a single molecule inside that hair... That's you.

Now compare that molecule to the giant herd, and you will begin to have an idea about how important each of us really is.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: god://justask.cosm [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #6153581 - 10/10/06 10:01 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

If that molecule could not exist, there would be no strand, no sheep and no herd. Imagine how important you are, that the laws of physics conspire to make you a reality.

Science talk is no reason whatsoever for nihilism. In fact knowledge of science ought to strike you with awe about the majesty of this thing called cosmos.

Knowing about DNA doesn't make life less wonderful.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (10/10/06 10:05 AM)

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #6153605 - 10/10/06 10:08 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
<a href="god://justask.cosm" target="_blank">god://justask.cosm</a> isn't an Oracle but rather an allknowing being with acute knowledge of everything.

He'd give you the exact truth in a way that made you realize just what the answer meant.

jesus was around for quite a few years. we didn't ask the right questions perhaps.

Edited by sleepy (10/10/06 10:09 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom