Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeclipse
Stranger
Male

choice of jars to use for spawning?(some started pinning invitro)
    #6144733 - 10/07/06 08:58 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

well I finally got some damnn bulk sub material and so I go into the incubator to pull out some spawn and WTF the 2 jars I wanted to use have started pinning towards the top near the verm barrier!!!So I guess my question is even though they have started pinning can I still use them for spawning?I was afraid that since they have started to devote some of that precious energy to fruiting that they would not be as aggresive colonizers.The reason I wanted to use these 2 was because they were the most rhizomorphic of all the jars.Well my sub is pasteurized and im just awaiting soem input on this situation,as always thanks in advance

eclipse

--------------------
All that is now
All that is gone
All thats to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

PF

Edited by eclipse (10/07/06 09:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: choice of jars to use for spawning?(some started pinning invitro) [Re: eclipse]
    #6144754 - 10/07/06 09:04 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Use them. I've spawned many pins into compost without problems.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineeclipse
Stranger
Male

Re: choice of jars to use for spawning?(some started pinning invitro) [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6144770 - 10/07/06 09:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

kick ass thanks

--------------------
All that is now
All that is gone
All thats to come

PF

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: choice of jars to use for spawning?(some started pinning invitro) [Re: eclipse]
    #6144782 - 10/07/06 09:16 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

To counter in advance those who would come in and say the pins will rot, here's what happens when pins are placed on a nutritious substrate. Pins are simply mycelium in a coherent shape and will revert back to rhizomorphs within hours. These pictures are five days apart.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: choice of jars to use for spawning?(some started pinning invitro) [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6144995 - 10/07/06 10:26 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

That is awesome..Good to know,Or you could just let them do this

Offlineeclipse
Stranger
Male

Re: choice of jars to use for spawning?(some started pinning invitro) [Re: Blutjager]
    #6147250 - 10/08/06 06:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

hmm well the the fact they revert back is great to know, and I have considered going invitro fruiting with the one jar but I was wondering how you would go about it.Most teks I seen have you leave space in the jar for them to grow.Since I was not intending on going invitro I grew them out normally with a lightly but full packed jar.Now they are pints and I have already found out that even though I used wide mouths these babies do not come out without a little destruction.So I guess what im asking is how would I go about making room for them to fruit invitro?I know they consume substarte as they fruit but I cannot imagine they would consume enough to grow well.Blutjager-what size cake was that in the pic?and in what size jar.Ithe starin is KSSS if that matters at all and as always thanks in advance

eclipse

--------------------
All that is now
All that is gone
All thats to come

PF

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6147437 - 10/08/06 06:59 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

That wasn't a cake at all,It was a jar of rye that I was going to spawn to poo but I forgot about it and when I looked there were already a bunch of little mushrooms in it,I had more jars so I just used them for casings and figured I would let that one go as an experiment to see what happened.It was a quart jars with Texas strain and I didn't weigh it but I did pull a nice little amount off of it considering how little work Click my pictures and I have some in there from when it first started and also what I got from it dried

Offlineeclipse
Stranger
Male

Re: choice of jars to use for spawning?(some started pinning invitro) [Re: Blutjager]
    #6147878 - 10/08/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

ahh okay that makes a bit more sense.If i expose the fully colonized jar to light and remove lid a few times a day for FAE would that be the way to go?or would taking the lid off entirely and misting/fanning be the way to go?I have a few bulk trays goin now and some cakes that just wont pin (been 2 weeks) so im looking to just get something outta this maybe 4 dried grams would be nice .is that doable with invitro form a 1 pint jar of PF style mix?

--------------------
All that is now
All that is gone
All thats to come

PF

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds