Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, Colorado, Michigan
First trip; DXM
    #6147386 - 10/08/06 06:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

A little over 2 hours after taking 120 mg of DXM, I started to feel it's effects while browsing the net. After looking at random things on eBay for a bit while enjoying it's mild effects, I went and got a glass of milk to drink. Detroit Rock City was playing on the TV as I tried to make out what I was seeing (pictures were kinda blurry, due to my shitty vision + DXM's effects). So, I decided to shut it off.

Layed in bed for a bit with the lights off, staring at the frame of the bottom of my top bunk while enjoying the visuals of it. If you were to drop a rock into water, there'd be ripples flowing from where it splashed. The bars had that kind of effect, except without a source from which to cause it. I found this fascinating, as I've never taken any hallucinogens before.. or at least have never experienced them (took a smaller dose of DXM about 2 weeks earlier; very mild effects, ie feeling drunk and high at the same time).

About a 15 minutes of watching these "ripples", I decided to pull the covers over my face to block out any light that was around. Just a few seconds after, I noticed geometrical shapes and patterns floating around in front of what looked like a straight lined grid, though, the lines were placed in such a way that they looked bent (View my awesome MSPaint drawing here). Though, this rendition has a "blank" area in the middle, note that my visual was a constant "grid" with no breaks (I'm not really sure how I'd go about drawing that out. This picture is just so people can get a basic idea). After watching these patterns for a bit (5-10 minutes or so), I closed my eyes to see if they'd be any different. When I did, the shapes and patterns were still floating about, though, with an ovalish shape behind the whole "scene". The left side had a green colored "frequency" emanating from it while the right side was red. Towards the middle of this ovalish shape, the colors faded into eachother. I also noticed that the patterns floating around were very symmetrical to each side of the ovalish shape (as if that were the "center" of the whole thing). I watched these visuals for a bit while every now and then hearing (what sounded like) a large rock falling onto another large rock while underwater. Fell asleep shortly after. Cannot recall whether or not I dreamt.

Decent trip for such a little amount of DXM, or at least judging by the "usual" dosage it takes to get these effects. Hopefully I'll be able to get some mushrooms soon and have a more intense trip.

Edited by ProoN (01/07/07 06:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: First trip; DXM [Re: ProoN]
    #6147568 - 10/08/06 07:29 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I took a few Coricidin Cough and Cold tablets (noob-ish, I know). Gotta do what chya gotta do though, I suppose. =P and yeah, a friend of mine recommended 400-500 mg of DXM for an extreme trip, but I'm starting small for now. Trying to get a "feel" for the drug.

--------------------
A human being is part of a whole, called by us, the "Universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

Offlinethe_END
Mr. E
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6147729 - 10/08/06 08:09 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

hey man,
dont do CCC.

= BAD, possible 'very bad'

if you must do over the counter dxm products.
id suggest the robetussin cough pills
cant rememerb exact name right now they only contain half the dxm as ccc but none of the bad stuff.

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: First trip; DXM [Re: the_END]
    #6147928 - 10/08/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It was sort of a desperate trip, I guess. I've been anxious about psychedelics and their effects for a while now, and recently discovered DXM is a drug you can get over-the-counter. I've read about people using CCCs, so I just figured it would be best (for now, anyway; eventually I'll learn the whole extraction process).. and curious, what's wrong with them, anyway? Is there something else in them that'll have long-term effects?

--------------------
A human being is part of a whole, called by us, the "Universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
    #6148128 - 10/08/06 09:28 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

That's a pretty impressive trip for 120 mg. That's pretty much a threshold dose for most people. To get visuals on that or to feel any noticeable body high is pretty surprising. I guess you have a high sensitivity to DXM. My first dose was 350 mg and I didn't actually feel anything noticeable.

Don't touch CCC's, at all. They contain Chlorpheniramine Maleate, an antihistimine, that, when combined with DXM, is very hard on your body and can result in consequeces, or even death in some cases. Desperate people take it because it's so "easy". Buy Robitussin Cough Gels. One bottle contains 20 gels for 300 mg. I won't tell you to take the whole bottle, but if you are looking for more effects, it would help.

By the way, DXM is not a psychedelic. It's a dissociative. While there can be vague similarities, they are not the same. You can see some minor open-eye visuals with DXM, and some pretty realistic CEVs, but the whole nature of the trip is nothing like mushrooms.

I feel compelled to forewarn you that DXM *can* be addictive. Especially if you are finding yourself in a state of desperation, as you mentioned. It's easy to get, so it's easy to take it a lot, even if you don't plan to. Plus, that's a lot of crappy chemicals to be putting in your body; it will hurt your liver with time, like it did with me. If you use it, use it VERY occasionally. And I used to be someone who defended DXM, and took it 3 times a week, heh.

--------------------

OfflineShamberlain
Stranger
Male

Re: First trip; DXM [Re: matchbook]
    #6148172 - 10/08/06 09:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

What exactly is the difference between a dissociative and a hallucinogen?

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: First trip; DXM [Re: Shamberlain]
    #6148417 - 10/08/06 10:33 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I've read that DXM can be addictive when taken routinely. Though, I don't think I'll be doing it again for a while. I'm really anxious to see what mushrooms have to offer. Salvia seems to have some pretty interesting effects on people, too, or so I've read (through these trip reports). Thanks for all the input. It's greatly appreciated. =)

--------------------

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

#6148767 - 10/08/06 11:56 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Please allow me to offer my input. Although DXM can offer some occasional bits of positivity and insight, they are few and far between, considering the physical and mental risk you take with using it.

As far as salvia is concerned, I believe it is essential that you experiment with a mild psychedelic before you even consider trying Salvia. The entire feeling of being propelled out of normal reality to the extent that salvia causes can be frightening to an inexperienced psychonaught. Familiarizing yourself with the experience of altered perceptions, visions, and ideas, through a medium such as mushrooms, mescaline, or extracted LSA, in small doses at first, is an important step to cultivating a psychedelic understanding. Taking a giant step too early can shake one's mind in a bad way.

--------------------

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#6148832 - 10/09/06 12:14 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I'm not planning on doing Salvia anytime soon. Like you said, it's a good idea to get a "feel" of the whole psychedelic experience, which is why I'm starting small for now. I've read some pretty intense trip reports about the drug, and have heard stories from friend's who've done it, and judging by those stories, I think I'll hold off on it for a while. Appreciate the concern, though. =)

--------------------

Offlinecolimon
DingoDogBoy
Male

#6149832 - 10/09/06 12:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I find this drug very nasty and I'll never take it. What's so good about almost dying from drinking cough syrup anyways? Poor choice of drugs for your first trip...

--------------------
I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to
do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's
so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because
they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.
That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go
in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they
don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: First trip; DXM [Re: matchbook]
    #6151001 - 10/09/06 05:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

matchbook said:
As far as salvia is concerned, I believe it is essential that you experiment with a mild psychedelic before you even consider trying Salvia. The entire feeling of being propelled out of normal reality to the extent that salvia causes can be frightening to an inexperienced psychonaught.

I actually found it an excellent choice for me personally to start off with salvia. I was absolutely in no way prepared and i couldn't quite imagine that the trip could be as strong as mentioned in trip reports. Blew my mind and taught me to respect my drugs. Was probably the best trip i ever had since i underestimated it completely and i was too fascinated to be shocked/scared or for the trip to turn bad.

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

OfflineJohnP
Why?
Male User Gallery
Re: First trip; DXM [Re: SapphireCat]
    #6151372 - 10/09/06 07:12 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SapphireCat said:
Quote:

matchbook said:
As far as salvia is concerned, I believe it is essential that you experiment with a mild psychedelic before you even consider trying Salvia. The entire feeling of being propelled out of normal reality to the extent that salvia causes can be frightening to an inexperienced psychonaught.

I actually found it an excellent choice for me personally to start off with salvia. I was absolutely in no way prepared and i couldn't quite imagine that the trip could be as strong as mentioned in trip reports. Blew my mind and taught me to respect my drugs. Was probably the best trip i ever had since i underestimated it completely and i was too fascinated to be shocked/scared or for the trip to turn bad.

My first mushroom trip the most intense trip I ever had, except for the one Salvia trip... but It really put things into perspective for me. It tought me respect for hallucinogens very quickly. Although I suggest taking it slow and starting out small.

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Re: First trip; DXM [Re: SapphireCat]
    #6152190 - 10/09/06 09:59 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SapphireCat said:
Quote:

matchbook said:

If you have anxiety issues or the wrong personality, though, this could turn out quite badly. So it may have been good for you, but could be bad for others.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies