Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Propolis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Cheap Protein Powders
    #6145600 - 10/08/06 03:26 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Im looking for a whey protein powder and a casein protein powder that is really cheap (in bulk if possible/need be), anyone know any good sites?

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Cheap Protein Powders [Re: eligal]
    #6145650 - 10/08/06 03:45 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

www.anabolicinnovations.com.

At least get the sample pack. I recommend the mint chocolate chip WPI. It's the best protein I've ever tasted with milk. I'm actually going to go have one right now. :cheers:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Cheap Protein Powders [Re: browndustin]
    #6147088 - 10/08/06 07:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

This place is the best I have found http://www.trueprotein.com/ its quality stuff and a good price,Go to custom mix and have them make you whatever you like.I always get 50/50 whole egg protein and egg white protein,add in the chocolate flavor and vitamin mineral mix and some amino's and it comes out to like 10 bucks a pound

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery
Re: Cheap Protein Powders [Re: Blutjager]
    #6147096 - 10/08/06 07:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

isopure mass is the best protein i have ever used

900 calories in a milkshake...

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheap Protein Powders [Re: Blutjager]
    #6147114 - 10/08/06 07:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thats pretty sweet how you can customize your own mix!
But kinda expensive...

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

#6151516 - 10/09/06 09:48 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

www.bodybuilding.com has the best prices I've ever seen. If you want high quality stuff, go for the Optimal Nutrition (commonly called ON). If you want something cheap like you said in your first post, then I'd just hit up walmart and get Body Fortress.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheap Protein Powders [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #6151579 - 10/09/06 10:02 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yea so far most of my stuff is from bodybuilding.com unless the local nutrition store has a sale or something.
At the mo Im lookin at Optimum 100% Whey protein and MRM Metabolic Whey. But both are whey protein, I also need to find some cheap casein protein for slow digestion (like, before bed or after breakfast or something).

Ah... damn protein, they never last very long dont they, bucket is empty before you know it :frown:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
    #6152506 - 10/10/06 12:59 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Costco or Sams Club.

6 pounds of great tasting powder for 22 bucks. Has around 27 grams of protein per scoop. With a banana, ice cubes...you'll have an awesome smoothie in your hands.

--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#6159205 - 10/11/06 07:25 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Good luck finding a good casein.. I've given up. It's just oats, pb and protein shake for me before bed. Carbs before bed doesn't do jack shit in terms of putting on adipose tissue for me, so yeah.

Casein is just too expensive. There's Syntrax Nectar which everyone rants and raves about, but it's still not the BEST night-time protein. There's a few other ones out there but it's like 15 services for what you'd pay for a fat tub of protein. Not even worth looking at.... :frown:

I've been bugging my friend to make a good night-time protein. He says he's looking into things (the guy from Anabolic Innovations). I hope that means he's actually COMING OUT with one but won't say yet. :p

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6159624 - 10/11/06 10:00 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

go with the optimum nutrition whey- its the most cost effective and tastes relatively good ( go with double rich chocolate or mint chocolate chip unless you want to be sorta risky )

amazon.com sells it as well, with free shipping

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #6161665 - 10/12/06 12:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

sprouts have lots of protein with little calories... so you might actually loose weight.  more energy.  if you are looking for bulk though, don't eat sprouts.  i heard all those big body builders were weak. the muscle is all show.  go for heatlh and eat sprouts  :thumbup:

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Cheap Protein Powders [Re: sleepy]
    #6163776 - 10/12/06 10:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Naw, bodybuilders aren't weak. After my first psychedelic experience I basically dropped ALL generalizations about everything. Everyone trains for different reasons.

I'm training for hypertrophy right now but I'm still very strong for my size.

Sprouts are tasty.. but with all the freakin veggie contaminations lately, I'm almost afraid to fricken eat them. :frown:

--------------------

Offlinescattass
thatsMr.scattass toyou
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6177203 - 10/17/06 02:37 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

grow em yourself.

--------------------
George Bush has all the symptoms of schizophrenia, dellusions, (WMD + Iraq's nuclear weapons program) vauge-impoverished speech, hearing voices (god told him to invade Iraq) paranoia and delusion of grandure. -some guy

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: Cheap Protein Powders [Re: scattass]
    #6180482 - 10/17/06 11:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

All that whey protein and stuff has been proved to be placebo and nothing more.

Exactly, why dont you just for for fruit smoothies or tomato juice or something?

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Cheap Protein Powders [Re: Feelers]
    #6180723 - 10/18/06 12:08 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Try bee pollen and honey
Bees collect only those pollens that contain the greatest amounts of protein and other nutrients. They mix them with nectar and some of the bees' own secretions, and take them to their hives. Bee pollen contains much more protein per ounce than any other natural food and it is the only food that contians the 22 amino acids of the human body.

From gory bee foods.

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6180867 - 10/18/06 01:06 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

no such thing was proven even remotely.

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
    #6182439 - 10/18/06 02:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Feelers said:
All that whey protein and stuff has been proved to be placebo and nothing more.

Exactly, why dont you just for for fruit smoothies or tomato juice or something?

Protein doesnt make you stronger, numbnuts. It's chugged afterwork outs because, postworkout protein doesn't inhibit glycogen synthesis, and can improve protein synthesis. This means that you can hedge your anabolic & anticatabolic bets by taking in a sizable amount of protein postworkout. Whey happens to be a highly insulinogenic protein, so this is ideal at this point.

:smirk:

--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Cheap Protein Powders [Re: Chazzersize]
    #6183329 - 10/18/06 07:12 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Protein in it's own creates enough of an insulin spike to shuttle much needed nutrients to your starving muscles. There's a definite anabolic window after working out where your body will actually send glycogen and protein directly to your muscles because it doesn't need to store it as energy for later (fat), but rather use it immediately. This is the only time where I take in refined sugars purposely.

I wouldn't call whey a "placebo" at all. What's not true about amino acids, the building blocks of life? I'm not saying it's the be-all-end-all, but it's certainly cheap, convenient and efficient. It's biological value is unrivaled. Eggs come in a close second, followed by animal flesh such as beef, fish and foul.

All wives tales aside, bee's honey and lots of natural supplements do have proven science. Just don't watch infomercials and you're fine. I love honey. I actually should go buy some good, natural honey. I think I'm plumb out. I love adding it to a good tea and knowing that I'm getting tons of antioxidants.

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #6183944 - 10/18/06 10:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Look up Royal Jelly for more info.
here is the web site
www.glorybeefoods.com/gbf/
Info on bee pollen and R.J.

Nutritional Studies
The content of nutritional elements in bee pollen varies according to the type of pollen and the soil in which the plant is grown. The chemical composition of pollen has been studied in depth. The website www.sci.fi/~apither/bibbase/polcomp.html contains over 70 studies. Pollens generally contain approximately: Vitamins and Minerals (1-7%), amino acids (15-25%), fats and oils (5%), protein (up to 35%), water (2%-18%), and carbohydrates (up to 40%). Bee Pollen contains at least 16 vitamins (including A, B1,2,3,5,6 & 12,C,D,E Folic Acid and Ruitn), 28 minerals (including calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, copper, magnesium, maganese and selenium), 18 enzymes/coenzymes (such as amylase, diastase, saccharase, pectase, phosphatase, catalase, disphorase, cozymase, cyochrome systems, lactic dehydrogenase, and pepsin), 18 protein/amino acids (including arginine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine,phenylaline and glutamic acid), 11 carbohydrates, 14 beneficial fatty acids (Caproic, Caprylic, Capric, Lauric, Myristic, Palmitic, Palmitoleic, Uncowa, Stearic, Oleic, Linoleic), and 28 other micronutrients ( including flavonoids, nucleic acids and human growth hormone factor). Justin O. Schmidt completed an extensive study at the USDA-Agricultural Research Center which showed the impressive nutrition that bee pollen can contain. The study found that the pollen had more protein then beef, per serving. The pollen also had more potassium, calcium, iron Vitamin A, niacin, thaimin, and riboflavin then beef, chicken, beans, cabbage, bread or apples. Mr. Schmidt states "(t)he overall conclusion is that pollen is a food source par excellence that is probably not exceeded by any other food." He concluded bee pollen is "an excellent food supplement which can enhance the health and well-being of individuals, especially those who otherwise might have an unbalanced diet."

Therapeutic Studies
In 1992, Dr. R. Chandra from the John Hopkins University tested the supplementation of moderate amounts of Bee Pollen for the elderly and noted an increase in their immunity and a decrease in the risk of infections. He also demonstrated a direct link between the level of Iron, Zinc, B6 and Beta Carotene with a strong immune system (components commonly found in bee pollen). Dr. Waler F. Morales reports that pollen contains fitoesterols and polyunsaturated fatty acids that stimulate the metabolism of cholesterol which reduces the level of LDL cholesterol and benefits those who do not have a balanced diet. The USDA Agricultural Research Center study by Justin O. Schmidt noted that bee pollen has "many beneficial applications for human use. Bee pollen has been successfully used for treatment of some cases of benign prostatitis and for oral desensitization of children who have pollen allergy." It is no secret that balanced nutrition can be a significant force to protect humans from various diseases. The American Dietetic Association reiterates this fact in their publication Journal American Diet Assoc. 1998, titled, "The role of nutrition in health promotion and disease prevention programs -- Position of ADA", J.F. Guthrie, B.M. Derby, and A.S. Levy ( Consumer Sudies Branch, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, FDA) study "What People Know and Do Not Know About Nutrition" makes it abundantly clear there is a connection between diet and the prevention of disease". Considering various bee pollens that are properly harvested, processed and stored contain many nutiritive components, bee pollen could be a viable dietary supplement that fills the gaps of an individual's diet. This possibly could enable one to have a balance in their diet and be more

It is not a secret that fresh royal jelly is a rich source of nutrients. It contains 12-13% protein, 12-15% carbohydrates, 5-6% beneficial lipids, including important fatty acids, and contains a full spectrum of vitamins. Royal jelly is high in the B vitamin pantothenic acid, which has been shown to reduce stress levels. It supplies the minerals calcium, copper, iron, phosphorous, potassium, silicon, and sulfur. Royal jelly also contains sterols, phosphorous compounds, acetylcholine, estrogen, testastarone, progesterone, 17 amino acids, including the 8 essential amino acids and is particularly rich in cystine, lysine and arginine.
References: Bee Products, Plenum Press: New York. 1996,Justin O. Schmidt,Carl Hayden Bee Research Center, USDA-ARS, http://gears.tucson.ars.ag.gov/home/schmidt/jsbprod2.htm; Hove Sr, Dimick PS, Benton AW. Composition of freshly harvested and commercial royal jelly, J Apic Res 1985;24:52-61. 1; Hanza SM, Aod El-Wahab SM, Shehata MM, Mohamed TR. Investigation of royal jelly Part I. Vitamin content of royal jelly and effect on hepatic vitamin levels in male and female rats. Egypt J Pharm Sci 1979;20:365-73; Secretary of Agriculture,Livestock, Fish and Food of Argentina, Secretary of Agriculture, Livestock, Fish and Food of Argentina. http://www.sagpya.mecon.gov.ar/03 /apicola/01_info/e_consumidor/Jalea.htm ; Rita Elkins, M.A., Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, Propolis and Honey; Honey Royal Jelly and Pollen, Dr. Hero Gali, Mexico

Therapudic Studies & Claims
James F. Balch, M.D. and Phyllis A. Balch in their book, Prescription for Nutritional Healing, write: "Royal jelly is known to aid in liver disease, pancreatitis, insomnia, stomach ulcers, kidney disease, bone fractures, skin disorders, and as a potentiator for the immune system." Royal jelly has been shown to contain antiseptic, antiviral, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties. Studies report that royal jelly fortifies centers of the hypothalamus and normalizes metabolic process and improves the base metabolism. Many other reports indicate that royal jelly strengthens the immune system, increases resistance to fatigue and cold temperatures, elevates content of hemoglobin in the blood and stimulates blood circulation. "All the water-soluble vitamins of the B group are found together in royal jelly," writes Dr. A. Saenz of the Pasteur Institute in Paris in a report, "Biology, Biochemistry and the Therapeutic Effects of Royal Jelly." The Secretary of Agriculture, Livestock, Fish and Food of Argentina reports that royal jelly aides in the proper transmission of nerve impulses and the proper functioning of the endocrine system. After years of specific research in the field of athletic performance, a team of Italian experts have combined a series of highly invigorating and non-doping natural substances (including royal jelly) to enhance the performance of athletes. "These substances are an authentic ecological "fuel" for athletes, preventing them from suffering from psychological and physical stress or depleting their reserves of energy."

References: Mielmonte, Varese, Italy http://www.naturdieta.com/press/bart.html ; Secretary of Agriculture, Livestock, Fish and Food of Argentina; Rita Elkins, M.A., Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, Propolis and Honey; Drs. R. Allen and J.B. Lust, The Royal Jelly Miracle; Dr. Felix Murat, Factual Recapitulation Cleanings and Observations on Royal Jelly.

Cancer Studies
Rich in amino acids, royalisin is primarily effective against "Gram-positive" bacteria, which include staph and strep species (Fujiwara S, Journal of Biological Chemistry, July 5,1990;265:11333-7). Like propolis, royal jelly also appears to have anti-tumor properties. Another team of Japanese researchers gave fresh royal jelly to one of two groups of laboratory mice before transplanting different types of cancer cells in them. The royal jelly had no effect on the leukemia cells, but it had dramatic effects on sarcoma cells. The lifespan of the mice was extended by about one-fifth and tumor sizes were about half the size, compared with untreated mice.
References: (Nippon Yakurigaku Zasshji-Folia Pharmacologica Japonica, Feb. 1987;89:73-80). Ontario Agricultural College in Guelph, the Department of National Health and Welfare in Ottawa, and the University of Toronto. The article, which was published in Nature in May 1959, is entitled "Activity of 10-Hydroxy- decenoic Acid From Royal Jelly Against Experimental Leukemia and Ascitic Tumors." Bee Hive Products Bible by Royden Brown

Quality Measured
A fatty acid called 10-HDA, has been identified to establish a universal standard for the quality of fresh royal jelly. In nature, this fatty acid occurs at a percentage of between 1.5% and 2.2%. Royal jelly that has a 10-HDA percentage of this range is considered good to excellent quality. Any reputable producer or distributor of royal jelly should be able to provide a Certificate of Analysis from an independent laboratory to verify the content. All of our royal jelly meet this high standard for quality control so you can be assured you are getting the purest royal jelly possible.

Edited by Brainiac (10/18/06 10:20 PM)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Cheap Protein Powders [Re: Brainiac]
    #6184237 - 10/18/06 11:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like some healthy ass fuckin shit (yes, the curse words were necessary).

Plus I remember Royal Jelly from Secret of Mana and other RPG's... so it's got to be tight. I'm gonna go hunt for some once I get paid. If I buy it online, chances are that I'll go crazy and buy too much.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Propolis

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being