Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
In pain.. need advice
    #6143542 - 10/07/06 02:19 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

So my wisdom teeth started coming in.. ohh.. about 3 years ago. Didn't think there would be a problem at first, until it started hurting. I didn't have dental insurance at the time, so I just let it go. Well I guess one of the wisdom teeth was impacted or something.. because it put a ton of pressure on the other teeth in that row.. it was excruciating pain for a couple days.. then one day I was eating an apple and the tooth that had all the pressure on it just cracked, literally. Well I was sad that one of my back molars was now cracked in half and there was a big gap there that food would get stuck in everytime I eat something.. but the pain went away so I was happy.

So I didn't feel any pain again until last year, that same tooth was in horrible pain for about a day straight. I figured it must have been due to the tooth being exposed, and thus was rotting out, down to the nerve. Went to the ER I was in so much pain but the wait was 5 hours long so I said fuck it and left. The pain subsided and I was happy again.

Fast forward to two days ago. I don't know what triggered it, maybe something I ate.. but the pain came back. This time a constant, throbbing pain. Really bad pain. This time it didn't go away. I brushed my teeth focusing on that one tooth.. thinking it would help the pain some but it only made it much worse. At this point there's not much of that tooth left.. just a small chunk sticking out but the rest is a gaping hole into the gum. It's probably completely rotted out. I'm assuming I'll need a root canal for that tooth.. in addition to having whatever wisdom teeth extracted.

So here's where I could use some advice.. It's probably well past time I should make an emergency appointment with a dentist. I think my upper wisdom teeth have put pressure on those teeth.. which may cause even more damage.. I don't want my teeth to get any more fucked up then they are now. Right now though, I'm struggling just to pay the bills.. my work barely pays me enough to cover rent/food/electric etc. I couldn't afford dental insurance if I wanted to.. and I certainly couldn't afford to pay for an actual extensive dental surgery. I know most dentists offer an extended payment plan.. how does that work exactly? Do they do the work and allow you to pay small payments over time.. or do you have to pay something up front at every visit? If so I'm probably fucked. But I'm willing to go even further in debt if that means I can chew normally and not have my teeth be all fucked up and be in so much pain it's hard to sleep.

I know.. I'm stupid for not seeing a dentist 2 or 3 years ago. But I'm a dumbass what can I say. Advice appreciated.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelil_demented
Loner will lone
Male User Gallery
Re: In pain.. need advice [Re: Shroomism]
    #6143557 - 10/07/06 02:24 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

try a dental school in your area, or some cities have a dental place thats kinda like the health department. my buddy had to get a tooth pulled and went to a dental school and had it done for 25 bucks. And yes a regular dentist will let you pay small payments.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#6143578 - 10/07/06 02:33 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

jesus man. this is a serious situation. you probably have a severe infection and a growing abscess. Soon, you'll have heavy swelling that will seem to come out of nowhere. I've seen this happen. If it bursts and ends up in your blood stream, it'll kill you. you need to take care of this ASAP.

As for payment, you'll be billed the full amount. you can work out a payment plan with whoever handles billing for the dentist. If you explain your financial situation, you can probably get away with $40 a month or so. Of course, you'll never pay off the total amount with that monthly amount. You're probably looking at $15,000 in bills.

But you have to take care of this. Do It Now.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #6143599 - 10/07/06 02:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I hate teeth ewwwwewewewww lol. That's the one thing i CANNOT deal with. My wisdom teeth are coming as well and the only pain I feel is when it pushes up on the gum flap thing it created. Other than that I hope my shit grows in without issues...I have yet to find my own dentist and that's a whole world of anxiety I don't want to deal with yet. Props though...that cracked tooth would have bugged me out so bad.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: In pain.. need advice [Re: Vvellum]
    #6143602 - 10/07/06 02:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

That's what I was afraid of. I wouldn't have ever though a tooth could kill you, but I seem to remember reading that somewhere. No wonder I've been having dreams of dying lately. And yeah.. since it started hurting the other day.. the pain has slowly subsided but there is some noticable swelling in the jaw now.. and I can feel a rhytmic thumping there, from blood no doubt. Of course I'm gonna be even further in debt now for the rest of my life, but that's how shit goes.

Calling right now.

--------------------

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #6143613 - 10/07/06 02:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

DIY Tom Hanks/Castaway style.... with an ice skate and a rock.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: In pain.. need advice [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #6143625 - 10/07/06 02:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I would but like I said there's not much of the tooth left.. just a small chunk sticking out and then the root..

Fuck dentists offices being closed on the weekends  :bomb:

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: In pain.. need advice [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #6143626 - 10/07/06 02:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Pics plz.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

#6143652 - 10/07/06 03:05 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

This happened to a friend of mine. Went in on Saturday but the insurance company was closed till monday. On monday went in and it was so swollen and infected that the shots didn't work and she was in even more pain than before. She had to take antibiotics for two or three days before they could finally operate.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: In pain.. need advice [Re: Dankman]
    #6143866 - 10/07/06 04:03 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

don't die

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #6143894 - 10/07/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I had a serious situation with my wisdom teeth as well.  Wisdom tooth pain is known very well for "waxing and waning" ...hurting like hell one day and subsiding just as quickly.  Sounds like you probably have an infection though.  I would try to get into a dentist ASAP.  They'll probably make you take a bunch of antibiotics before they'll even take the teeth out, that's what they did with me. 

Normally I wouldn't give this advice, but you could really get ill here, so if you have to, go get it done and find a place that will bill you.  Don't pay it if you don't have the money, or try to put it on a credit card or something...or like you said, a place that will let you pay over time. 

One thing that's supposed to help alot is clove oil.  When I got "dry sockets" after getting my wisdom teeth out, they took gauze, soaked in cloves, and jammed it in the holes, and it made the pain not as bad.  Maybe you could try that. 

I hope you feel better soon  :heart:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: In pain.. need advice [Re: Liz]
    #6143964 - 10/07/06 04:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I've known about clove oil.. unfortunately I don't have any cloves.. I do have 800mg motrins though so I've been taking those. I did manage to find a dental school about 70 miles away.. so I'm going to go up there on monday. Hopefully I don't die before then.

Thanks for the advice and well wishes everyone

--------------------

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #6144003 - 10/07/06 04:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

you need to go see a dentist. An infection in your jaw can possibly kill you.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: In pain.. need advice [Re: mndfreeze]
    #6144025 - 10/07/06 04:56 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah that's been established.. dentists are all closed.. my only option right now is the ER.. and yeah I think I owe them like 3k from when I had food poisoning a few years ago.. I've waited for three years.. I can hopefully wait until monday.

--------------------

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #6144033 - 10/07/06 04:58 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Then go to the ER. They can't turn you away because you owe them money. That would be quite a malpratice quit, to turn someone away with an infection in their jaw...

I'd head over there and get on some antibiotics, so you can get that tooth ripped ASAP.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

OfflineHempster
Stranger
Re: In pain.. need advice [Re: Liz]
    #6144154 - 10/07/06 05:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Just get it all done, and go get an identity change. Theres no reason for someone to live in debt because they got sick.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #6144434 - 10/07/06 07:11 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

you can crush up some advil and soak it in some warm water and soak small strips of paper towell in the solution and stick those in the hole, works nice

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlinemytymyc
Acolyte of light
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norcal
    #6144470 - 10/07/06 07:22 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

take a clove of garlic peel it but dont cut it and stick it in your mouth,by the tooth fragment kinda  like a chaw of chewin tobbaco.  The garlic has antiseptic and pain relieving properties!!!!!  No more swelling or pain in about half hour. :laugh:

--------------------
In the land of fruits and Nutts

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #6144522 - 10/07/06 07:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

No matter how much you owe the hospital, they can't turn you away. 

Get antibiotics tonight, the throbbing will stop.  They'll likely give something for pain as well :thumbup:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlinealtershroom
Earth Cohabitant
Male

Loc: under a lake in the north...
Re: In pain.. need advice [Re: schmutzen]
    #6144530 - 10/07/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I had 3 impacted and all 4 out one fine fall day when I was in high school. To make a long story short my mother felt I didn't need pain meds but just asprin all weekend!! SO I was soo happy to go to the morning smoking lounge and score a few qualudes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck