Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleelsig
Knowledgespeaks, wisdom listens
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the beach
Question regarding psilocybe azurencens cultivation
    #6089659 - 09/22/06 09:35 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

So I made a azurencens bed in may-june this year, i bought spawn and spawned it with woodchips and made a bed outdoors. it doesn seem to come any mushrooms this year, there is mycelium here and there. almost on every woodchip i look at but only spots here and there and not fully colonized. So I was thinking about taking in some of these woodchips for the winter and apawn more indoors. so I have some questions:

* Should I sterilize the woodchips , i did not sterilize the woodchips i used outdoors, only soaked them in water

* What is the optimal temps for incubation?

* Do they need to be in complete dark?

* i was wondering about mixing sawdust or carboard in the mix together with the chips, good or bad idea?

* would jars with tyvek and lid with a airhole be good enough? or do I need to order filter patch bags for this?

* best spawn ratio?

Thats all i can think of for now :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question regarding psilocybe azurencens cultivation [Re: elsig]
    #6089757 - 09/22/06 10:33 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

IMO this is the best azure cultivation tek

http://www.fungifun.org/English/Psilocybe-Azurescens-Outdoor-Cultivation

BTW your azures wont start fruiting until the cold temps set in (oct-nov). Keep some faith in your outdoor bed!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #6089920 - 09/22/06 11:21 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

A properly growing azure bed should have mycelium so dense it fuses the woodchips together in a solid mass. I have had many beds as you describe and they never fruited. The spotty mycelium slowly disappeared and the woodchips get darker over time until they degrade into soil.

I am not certain what causes this, but some beds just fail. There seems to be some sort of critical adaptation phase right after spawning that some beds never achieve. I have had better results placing the spawn in a solid mass in the center of a pile of chips instead of mixing it in. The mixing seems to make it more vunerable to contaminates. Anyway, I hope I am wrong and your bed is just late. Good luck!

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Invisibleelsig
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question regarding psilocybe azurencens cultivation [Re: Workman]
    #6090315 - 09/22/06 01:45 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

thanks both of you. Well there is some darkening of wood and some mycelium has vanished on the top of the bed. i will take out the healthiest woodchips and try to save it.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #6090965 - 09/22/06 04:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I have seen this with my Azure bed as Workman said that may explain why mine have not fruited either. Remember Azures need a light frost to trigger pinning (important). I am now working on a Azure/Ps.cyans LC tek which so far has worked better than expected LC went great directly to chips and in one case two gallons went into an OD bed of commercial hardwood chips already browning which has provided some awesome strands of some incredibly rhizomorphic growth but let much of the bed uncolonized, the second case two gallons went into 13 gal. or 24hr soaked fresh chipped maple mixed in evenly then sealed in double black plastic garbage bags and placed into a tote and left alone this will be going into a mycosphere built for indoor woodlovers which will be placed into an extra bedroom this winter where temps stay at a consistant 55F.
I also wonder often times it looks like something is digging holes in the OD beds I tend to think maybe skunks going after grubs or something has anyone else had this problem?

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Invisibleelsig
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question regarding psilocybe azurencens cultivation [Re: hyphae]
    #6135427 - 10/05/06 05:40 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

hello again , ok i have dugged up the bed, most of the chips are turned black and moldy, it almost look like some contamination. i picked out the best looking woodchips with mycelium and have spawned into two jars indoors over winter. in case this doesnt work im ordering spores next week and will attempt to start with a LC, i read this post:

http://forums.mycotopia.net/showthread.php?t=14446

what LC recipe are you using hyphae?

i see sporeworks have a few strains, which azures strain is recommendet? or are tehy pretty much the same?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6135446 - 10/05/06 05:56 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I boil my hardwood chips that will be used as spawn later and use this water which is reduced in half then I add 1tsp karo and some concentrated coffee the myc just loves this. Once a good LC is established I knock up those jars of wood chips after they've been sterilized once the chips are colonized they good out side in my prepared bed and used to colonize non sterile wood chips.

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Invisibleelsig
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6135479 - 10/05/06 06:29 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

thanks, karo is corn syrup right? they dont sell karo in my country,i could not find any corn syrup when looking, is honey a good replacement? or should i look for other types of syrup instead of honey?

Invisibleelsig
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6135504 - 10/05/06 06:59 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

A picture of a blackish woodchip, you can still see the original color of the wood and some mycelium

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6136026 - 10/05/06 11:35 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Honey will work also I would recommend real maple syrup instead though.

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Invisibleelsig
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6136149 - 10/05/06 12:24 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

great thanks for your reply.

i have another question regarding woodlovers as Im about to order spores, p. cyanencens and p. bohemica, how cold hardy are these two species compared to p.azurescens ? I assume you cultivate these two just the same as azurescens? i was thinking about order those two also.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6136663 - 10/05/06 03:21 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

P. cyanescens and bohemica are plenty cold hardy and about the same for cultivation as azurescens. The only woodlover that tends to be different is Psilocybe arcana which is much less aggressive.

There haven't been enough grows to distinguish much of a difference between the azurescens strains. I personally like the Hammond strain but mostly because that was the first woodlover I ever grew from spores I collected myself in 1997.

Good luck!

--------------------
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Invisibleelsig
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question regarding psilocybe azurencens cultivation [Re: Workman]
    #6136699 - 10/05/06 03:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

thanks workman :smile: im gonna order azurescens and cyanescens from you guys shortly, i was sure you had bohemica also but im gonna order that from another vendor,

peace

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6137109 - 10/05/06 05:45 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I have some Czech bohemica but not enough to spare right now. I am hopeful that things will develop soon. I had a misfire when some fruits popped early and were fried by a spot of dry weather.

--------------------
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order