Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
nutrition
    #6136317 - 10/05/06 03:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Im on my first grow, I picked my first yesterday. really amazing experience, cultivates a lot of patience.

Anyway, anyone have an ideas on what exactly mushrooms need nutrition wise? I was thinking you could mix some of the nutritional needs in low quanities with water and spray that on them when they're in the fruiting stage. I currently use only water and small ammounts of hydrogen peroxide.

--------------------
Feel free to forget all that I am saying, for the instant these clumsy words spill out of my mouth, they transform into complete lies.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: nutrition [Re: lipan]
    #6136344 - 10/05/06 03:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

haha how come *everyone* gets this idea their first grow?  everyone wants unlimited flushes and whatever...

but it just doesn't work that way.

first, spraying anything nutritive on your grow will make it very prone to contaminate.  remember its frowned upon to birth a jar that isn't fully colonized?  well why would you go spraying uncolonized food on it? :smile:

second, a fruiting mycelial network is not "eating" anymore.  it did its eating back during the colonize stage.  it does a little more between flushes if there's nutrients within the substrate left to still digest.  but it definitely won't absorb nutrition sprayed on it.

there's lots of threads about this and lots of info about the nutritional needs and life cycle of mushrooms if you're so inclined.  use a good substrate from the start and master water delivery during fruiting and that's the best you can do, plain and simple!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation