Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!!
    #6128316 - 10/03/06 12:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Has anybody ever been able to see the black spore specks after innoc in their jars? I'm a little worried, there are tiny black specks that resemble the spore clumps from the syringe stuck against the inside of the jars in the first half of the jars I innoc'd.... I'm a little worried for obvious reasons but I guess I just don't know this is my first time so...... by the way the jars are 4.5 days old...

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: headieherbs]
    #6128386 - 10/03/06 12:26 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i had some jars that did just about the same. i inoculated them with no signs of black specks.day 2 no growth no specks.day5 lots of black specks and great myc growth but 3-4 days later the specks were spreading. it was at the innoc point where i seen the specks but i would rather start over then contam my 2 marthas so in the garbage they went

--------------------
=================================================
if you have any questions please feel free to pm me , thx :-)

Offlineheadieherbs
 User Gallery

Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: royer]
    #6128409 - 10/03/06 12:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

as of right now they don't seem to be spreading so i put em in baggies and left em in the TiT... glad to finally hear from someone with similar exp. though thanks a lot!

--------------------

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: headieherbs]
    #6128488 - 10/03/06 01:05 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i have done hundreds and hundreds of jars and this was the first time i seen black specks and i have used spore syringes that were almost black. so its garbage in my opinion

--------------------
=================================================
if you have any questions please feel free to pm me , thx :-)

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: royer]
    #6128901 - 10/03/06 03:29 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm doing 3 One-Pint PF-style jars (BRF+verm.). I was extremely cautious in my procedures, following the MMGG as exactly as I could. I took extra precaution by "pre-sterilizing" as directed by an Adaptation on that Tek. Today is day 12, and on Jar 3, I noticed at the top a small black spot(maybe 1cm or so in diameter). Also there is a tiny black spot about the middle of the jar, near the edge of the colonized portion (about 1-2mm diameter). I am worried that this is contamination (I believe it is and will throw away if I must), but it is my first grow, so I am unable to recognize it. Help please!

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Offlinespeeddealer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6128918 - 10/03/06 03:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I had a spore syringe from a non-shroomery sponsor and it had some black specks in it when I innoc'd and the cakes were fine. This particular guy used some sort of suspension for the spores...so if this sounds similar, you might be okay. I have successfully used this syringe many times and made LCs and clones from it with no problem. Very good strain too! If the black sprung up after innoculating and was never there before, I'd worry.

UNGA throw that shit away, that looks dangerous!!!!

InvisibleMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: speeddealer]
    #6128943 - 10/03/06 03:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, that's what I figured... Damn it!

Any methods for discreet disposal?

--------------------
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Offlinespeeddealer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #6131554 - 10/04/06 07:56 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Dig a small hole, cover it about an inch with dirt...check on the patch in a few weeks....you never know.

InvisibleMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: speeddealer]
    #6131868 - 10/04/06 10:48 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

oh haha I already threw it out. Oh well. I already have 3 more jars that I sterilized last night. I think for these I'll try the Penis Envy instead of Amazon. Cheers!

--------------------

Offlinebigshroom
Stranger

Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #6131912 - 10/04/06 10:58 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I had a black spec that looked exactly like yours and I separated it from the other jars because I was scarred of contamination. I keep it in the dark and in the right temperature range and after a few days it was covered in white and the black spot was slowly disappearing.

Flash Forward:
I fruited it without a problem and tripped on them a couple days ago and I'm not dead =P.

I would keep them and see what happens

--------------------
Everything posted is fake and for fun...

Cheapest Mya Saray Hookahs on the internet. http://www.hookah-nation.com/

OfflinePr0_X
CultivationLifer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Igloo's and polar bears
Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: bigshroom]
    #6132041 - 10/04/06 11:25 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Indeed, the black speck's are from multispore inoculation of jars.

This is why people say to shake your syringe before innoculating to break up the spore cluster's so you don't give yourself a heart attack when you inoculate and notice black stuff :p

but yes, happens to me constently I assure you that they're just spore clusters....now, if you have black mold the entire jar will turn black with maybe a few spots of white myc.... but it's better asking and being safe then not and ending up sick or dead.

--------------------
It's okay to hurt my feelings
cause you know, they're so numb anyway.
but I guess it's what I get
for being to fuckin stupid to stay away - Jake

- Support the FSR at www.fsrcanada.com and www.fsre.nl

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: Pr0_X]
    #6132079 - 10/04/06 11:47 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

k

Edited by Dihnekis (11/10/08 02:05 PM)

Offlineheadieherbs
 User Gallery

Re: Visible spore specks in PF jars?? EVER happened to you? PLEASE HELP!! [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6132470 - 10/04/06 01:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Pro_X ive been waiting to hear that... I was puzzled because the black specks (which look exactly like the shit in the syringe) do not appear to be spreading as of right now and the myc growth around them is very strong, at least 2x that of areas in jars without the specks.... I still have them quarantined in bags so I will keep everyone posted on how they do

--------------------

InvisibleMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6132522 - 10/04/06 01:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Well, FAWK. I already threw it out, but I figured better safe than sorry. If it happens again, God forbid, I will do as you guys say and isolate it to see what happens. I already sterilized 3 new jars (for a total of 5). We'll see what happens. Thanks everybody for your input! It is much appreciated.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom