Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
First Picture Upload "Amanita Pantherina or Rubescens or...?"
    #6127896 - 10/03/06 10:28 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Let's see if this works...no. I have succesfully uploaded to my Shroomery Picture Archive but Windows will not allow me to continue..what should I do? (sorry 40 year old hands-on computer user here, be nice).

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Edited by Silverwolf (10/08/06 05:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTimberdoodler
illustrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: First Picture Upload (help please) [Re: Silverwolf]
    #6128061 - 10/03/06 11:09 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

You say you've uploaded the pictures to the shroomery? If that's the case follow these steps, after starting a new post:

• Click the "Insert Picture(s)" link underneath where you write your post. The page that opens (in a new window) should say "Picture Upload for Silverwolf".

• Click "view thumbnail list of your pictures".

• Click on the folder that has your photo.

• Copy the code of the appropriate photo, and paste it into your entry wherever it belongs.

Hopefully this helps. If not, let me know.

• Extras: Filter Print Post Top
    OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

Re: First Picture Upload (help please) [Re: Timberdoodler]
        #6128190 - 10/03/06 11:36 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"I've found it!" Thank you!

Glaring light and u.v penetration as usual, shame about the light on the second one, a most impressive squat shroom in an a.muscaria area (no a.mucs today but these were in alot of a.musc spots, unfortunately one of the ("The" rather) Birch grove(s) was cleared for orchids two years ago -fuck the mycology-, it was a really special place which produced some beautiful fruiting bodies -sigh-). Anyway waddya think these are folks....?

--------------------
    "Arafel."
    She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.

Edited by Silverwolf (10/03/06 11:59 AM)

Offlineeris
    underground
    Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    Trusted Identifier
        #6128770 - 10/03/06 02:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Those pics are not anywhere near enough for any kind of ID :crazy:

Is there any way you can take better ones (with stem and base of stem in the pics) and compile a description?

--------------------
    Immortal / Temporarily Retired
    The OG Thread Killer
    My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleAmatoxin
    Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
    Loc: Not So Great Britain
        #6129028 - 10/03/06 03:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silverwolf said:
    Glaring light and u.v penetration as usual

U.V. penetration, LOL

:rolleyes:

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

Re: First Picture Upload (help please) [Re: eris]
        #6129278 - 10/03/06 04:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Not tommorrow , I don't want to pick any but there were some fallers white gills not much in the way of visible veil...

--------------------
    "Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (10/04/06 04:23 PM)

OfflineToxicManM
    Bite me, it's fun!
     User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    Trusted Identifier
    Re: First Picture Upload (Help please! ....Thank you, now viewing amanita pics) [Re: Silverwolf]
        #6130533 - 10/03/06 09:54 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sorry 40 year old hands-on computer user here, be nice

Youngster! (Get off my lawn!) :chef:

As eris said, we need to see other parts of them to identify them. They're Amanitas, but there's no way to go past that yet.

In particular, be sure to dig up the entire base of the stem, which can go down pretty deep into the soil like a taproot in some species.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
    Happy mushrooming!

OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

Re: First Picture Upload (Help please! ....Thank you, now viewing amanita pics) [Re: ToxicMan]
        #6131798 - 10/04/06 10:31 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ToxicMan said:
    Quote:

sorry 40 year old hands-on computer user here, be nice

Youngster! (Get off my lawn!) :chef:

As eris said, we need to see other parts of them to identify them. They're Amanitas, but there's no way to go past that yet.

In particular, be sure to dig up the entire base of the stem, which can go down pretty deep into the soil like a taproot in some species.

Happy mushrooming!

No can dig (I am most frightfully sorry -and about the lawn!-) common land, dis is waddya get (these are A.Pantherina I think).....

Oak symbiotes?

..or Birch?

There were three already fallen and one boot casualty (clumsy I know but in my defence they are difficult to see!) so I have some stem.

N.B The Birch groves also contain oaks. The mushroom stems are regular, flesh-coloured, slightly scaled (more at the base) with little veil remnants and no real thickening at the bottom.

--------------------
    "Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (10/05/06 12:04 PM)

InvisibleCureCat
    Strangest
     User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
    Trusted Identifier
    Re: First Picture Upload (Help please! ....Thank you, now viewing amanita pics) [Re: Silverwolf]
        #6132385 - 10/04/06 01:12 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Why can't you dig them up??
    You can kick them over but you can't dig them up?

IF you want an ID, you will NEED too dig one up. Otherwise, we cannot help you.

Kicking them over will not do, you need to gently dig them up, being sure the remnants of the volva are intact.

--------------------

OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

Re: First Picture Upload (Help please! ....Thank you, now viewing amanita pics) [Re: CureCat]
        #6132990 - 10/04/06 04:07 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I knocked one over by mistake dingbat, it is common land (and protected) I do not have permission to disturb the eco-system -although they have-.

--------------------
    "Arafel."

InvisibleCureCat
    Strangest
     User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
        #6133634 - 10/04/06 07:23 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

:lol: I love recieving unique insults!  That is the first time I have been called "dingbat", I rather like it.  :smile:

Sorry, I did not know what "common land" meant.  My apologies.

Unfortunate we cannot give a better ID.  :undecided:

--------------------

OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

Re: First Picture Upload (Help please! ....Thank you, now viewing amanita pics) [Re: CureCat]
        #6135326 - 10/05/06 04:06 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I don't want to give details, suffice to say these people are my neighbours, friends and collegues I cannot re-spore and unauthorised removal is at least a civil offence (probably a criminal one too, I should check).

--------------------
    "Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (10/05/06 04:39 AM)

Invisiblecoon
    big odd son

Loc: behind the rows....
    Re: First Picture Upload (Help please! ....Thank you, now viewing amanita pics) *DELETED* [Re: Silverwolf]
        #6135347 - 10/05/06 04:30 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by coon

Reason for deletion: m

OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

Re: First Picture Upload (Help please! ....Thank you, now viewing amanita pics) [Re: coon]
        #6135357 - 10/05/06 04:45 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yes

--------------------
    "Arafel."

InvisibleCureCat
    Strangest
     User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
        #6135434 - 10/05/06 05:46 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Oh please. You impact the ecosystem far more by simply driving a car, or using paper.

--------------------

OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

#6135873 - 10/05/06 10:33 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I know that but trowels, policemen and common-land don't mix. So you are telling me that we can't get an I.D from those pics and the description (suspect myself that there may be two different species there, thinks; Maybe not one patch was south facing on lawn length grass the other was north facing in long grass -symbiote shade issue- so the wetter caps are darker -see below for extreme example-)?

--------------------
    "Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (10/05/06 10:56 AM)

Invisiblekoraks
        #6135907 - 10/05/06 10:56 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silverwolf said:
    So you are telling me that we can't get an I.D from those pics and the description (suspect myself that there may be two different species there)?

Thing is, in IDing amanitas, the base of the stem is an important issue as it is often the only thing (apart from microscopic analysis) that can tell one species apart from another.

OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

Re: First Picture Upload (Help please! ....Thank you, now viewing amanita pics) [Re: koraks]
        #6135909 - 10/05/06 10:57 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

What am I looking for?

--------------------
    "Arafel."

Invisiblekoraks
        #6135933 - 10/05/06 11:08 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

A bulb, concentric rings, a ruffled base, remnants of a volva or the lack of those tings.

OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

Re: First Picture Upload (Help please! ....Thank you, now viewing amanita pics) [Re: koraks]
        #6136045 - 10/05/06 11:45 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Which of those are a.pantherina id.s?

P.S My prof friend at Roehampton thinks a.musc.

--------------------
    "Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (10/05/06 11:59 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

#6140283 - 10/06/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
    Quote:

Silverwolf said:
    So you are telling me that we can't get an I.D from those pics and the description (suspect myself that there may be two different species there)?

Thing is, in IDing amanitas, the base of the stem is an important issue as it is often the only thing (apart from microscopic analysis) that can tell one species apart from another.

...and then there were more (best I could do picture wise I'm afraid, some arseholes kicked over the open caps of the Northerly aspect shrooms I mentioned -I saw the base of one of them-).

--------------------
    "Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
    sandtrout
     User Gallery

#6146902 - 10/08/06 04:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
    Quote:

Silverwolf said:

I took a look in a decent guide today (a beautifully photographed and comprehensive guide to English mushrooms featuring only freshly picked specimens whole, stem free and dissected -it includes Psilocybe Cyanescens and Panaeolus Subbalteatus-).
    Now having seen the base and veil remnants of Amanita Pantherina as compared to Amanita Rubescens I am more or less convinced my photographs are of Amanita Rubescens. The volva (?) of Pantherina is a pronounced "cup" out of which the stem protrudes it is also likely that there will be one or more ring like veil remnants mid-way along the stem.

--------------------
    "Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (10/08/06 05:05 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom