Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Is this Cobweb? Already isolated....
    #612083 - 04/18/02 03:55 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, I have a cake that im not sure is contaminated. I dont have a pic yet but will soon so i'll explain first.
All of my cakes appear to be germinating nicely. But sometimes the mycelium isnt exactly fluffy - sometimes very thin and stringy. I would assume that this was because the area wasnt fully colonized...but it appears inbetween fully col. cake parts. So, that doesnt seem likely. Also some parts of my cakes seem to have borders wherever this occurs. Almost like 2 different growths battling each other. But they look very identicle. Why do these parts clash like that and create a vivid line? Is this contam?
Sorry if this is vague. I will post pics tomorrow.
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

Loc: Europe
Re: Is this Cobweb? Already isolated.... [Re: GreyMatter]
    #612746 - 04/19/02 08:39 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I think that's just healthy mycelium.
A pic would help.

--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #612780 - 04/19/02 09:18 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

> Why do these parts clash like that and create a vivid line?

You have just discovered one of the reasons that advanced growers clone rather than use multispore innoculations. When two uncompatable myclium masses, even from the same species, come in contact with each other they do exactly what you are describing.

> Almost like 2 different growths battling each other.

Yep, that is exactly what it is. If you put this into the dog world, you have to packs of dogs growing. One pack is full of great dames, the other is full of poodles. Sometimes when the meet each other they form one large pack. Other times the two packs will fight each other for territory.

> im not sure is contaminated.

Cobweb is a grey color. Myclium is white. Cobweb doesn't worry about borders with the myclium... it grows and grows and grows and ... (If there is a border like you describe, it isn't cobweb.)

>

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #612785 - 04/19/02 09:25 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

These people are right. The stringy look is a very positive sign. In fact, generaly speaking you dont want a "fluffy" look to it- this could be advance cob-mold. What your describing sounds like 100% healthy mycelium.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag