Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Michael Badnarik's Candidate Employment Contract
    #6126492 - 10/02/06 09:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Libertarian candidate for Congress Michael Badnarik has signed his candidate employment contract with the voters. You can check out the thing here at his website or below:

Candidate Employment Contract

With the Voters

Texas Congressional District 10

This Contract, freely and unilaterally proffered by Michael Badnarik, candidate for Texas Congressional District 10 to the voters thereof, may be accepted by the voters through electing him to the United States Congress November 7th, 2006.

Declarations

All just political authority is derived from the people, and government may only be established and maintained with their consent. In recent decades the people have been disappointed in their expectations of, and insulted by, their elected representatives and officials and have begun to feel alienated from their government. As evidence of my desire to restore honest limited government and restore trust between the people and their elected representatives, and in acknowledgment of the people's constitutional right to government by voluntary social contract, I offer this Candidate Employment Contract as my legally binding commitment to the voters of my district that I will perform as outlined below once elected to represent them in the office of Representative to Congress, or forego reelection to this office or election to any other office in the next election cycle.

Action Items

I.
Whereas, the federal government should not be competing with private enterprise where private enterprise is competent to deliver the product or service; the federal government should not make treaties and foreign agreements that conflict with the United States Constitution; the federal government should not own properties it does not need to perform its duties; and, the federal government should not levy taxes on personal incomes, estates, and/or gifts;

I will co-sponsor with Congressman Ron Paul, or endeavor to introduce on his behalf, the Liberty Amendment, and support and promote its passage and ratification as the people's own best long-term guarantee of limited government, individual rights, and governmental compliance with the constitution. I will maintain a copy of the Liberty Amendment and a summary of my work on its behalf on a publicly accessible constituent web site.

II.
Whereas, it is irresponsible and negligent for congresspersons to vote on legislation that has not in fact been read;

I will endeavor to introduce, and if opportunity arises I will co-sponsor, a "Read the Bill" Act, which will require that adequate time be allowed for legislators to read each bill in its final form before it may be put to a vote. Once created, I will maintain a copy of this bill and a summary of my work on its behalf on a publicly accessible constituent web site.

III.
Whereas, federal legislation should not be an assemblage of conflicting provisions under misleading titles;

I will endeavor to introduce, and if opportunity arises I will co-sponsor, a bill to create a federal statute restraining the Congress from including more than one subject per bill and requiring that the subject of every bill shall be clearly stated in its title. Once created, I will maintain a copy of this bill and a summary of my work on its behalf on a publicly accessible constituent web site.

IV.
Whereas, individual legislators should vote in accord with the interests of their constituents and the constitution rather than submit to the direction of other congressmen or the contrary opinions of political parties or vested interests;

I will endeavor to introduce, and if opportunity arises I will co-sponsor, legislation barring either house of Congress from conducting its business under Martial Law Rule(s) without an explicit declaration of martial law being openly in place and reiterated subsequent to the inauguration of every Congress, so long as such declaration stands. Once created, I will maintain a copy of this legislation and a summary of my work on its behalf on a publicly accessible constituent web site.

V.
Whereas, a congressperson should make every effort to preserve all fact and appearance of integrity;

No member of my immediate family will have my consent or assistance to work as a lobbyist in the state of Texas or perform lobbyist work that would require registration and compliance with the federal Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995, nor will they have access to any substantive communication with me if they take such a position over my objections. Every paid member of my staff will be required to execute and sign an affidavit attesting that they have not worked as a registered lobbyist at the state or federal level at any time during the two years previous to their becoming a member of my staff. I will maintain a copy of each staff member’s affidavit on a publicly accessible constituent web site.

Terms and Conditions

Once this Contract has been published to the general press, no action item herein may be modified or deleted, and additions hereto may be added only by a written addendum duly executed by the candidate, Michael Badnarik, but not less than 30 (thirty) days prior to the date of the election.

The Action Items set forth above are clearly stated and there is no ambiguity as to whether or not I can accomplish these goals during my term in office. If I do not accomplish these goals within One Year from the date of being sworn into office, I will not seek re-election to this office or any other public office in the next election cycle. If a dispute arises as to whether or not I have accomplished the goals as set forth above, any such dispute will be subject to class arbitration as follows:

Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be settled by binding class arbitration in Travis County, Texas, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association and The Supplementary Rules for Class Arbitrations then in effect. Class arbitration is expressly permitted and either party may request class arbitration. The arbitration rules set forth in this contract shall govern to the extent they conflict with the American Arbitration rules described above. The controversy or claim shall be submitted to three arbitrators. The three arbitrators shall be chosen by the American Arbitration Association and selected from the American Arbitration Association’s national roster of class arbitration arbitrators.

Only resident constituents who were duly registered voters under direct jurisdiction of the elective office and actually voted in the most recent election at which I will have been elected may file a notice of arbitration for dispute resolution and seek relief through binding class arbitration.

Any notice of arbitration pursuant to this Candidate Employment Contract shall be in writing addressed to the official office of the elected official, with a copy provided to the American Arbitration Association. Notice of arbitration must be provided on or before the One Year plus Thirty Day anniversary from the date the candidate was sworn into office.

Scheduling. Unless extended by the arbitrators for good cause shown, arbitration hearings shall begin no later than One month after the selection of the arbitrators. One day shall be allotted to the arbitration hearing. Notice to the class shall occur promptly and shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the 10th Congressional District of Texas.

The decision of any two of the arbitrators shall be final and binding upon the parties and shall be delivered in writing by the concurring arbitrators to Mr. Badnarik and the party and /or parties who submitted the notice of arbitration within Ten business days after the arbitration hearing.

The party initiating the arbitration shall pay the fees of the arbitrators so selected. Any other expenses incurred in connection with the arbitration shall be paid in accordance with the decision of any two of the arbitrators and that decision shall be final. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrators may be entered in any court having jurisdiction and the arbitrator shall have the authority to provide injunctive relief to enforce the decision of any two arbitrators.

In the absence of effective arbitration proceedings as outlined above, all duties, responsibilities and obligations as required by the terms of this Candidate Employment Contract are deemed satisfied and complete on the One Year plus Thirty Day Anniversary date of the candidate being sworn into office. Any and all disputes as to the terms, conditions and satisfaction by the parties to this contract after such date are null and void.

The intent of the parties to this Candidate Employment Contract is to hold Michael Badnarik accountable to the people of the Tenth Congressional District, in the state of Texas, for the specific performance stated in the Action Items above. Michael Badnarik understands if he is elected to office, he is an employee of the people of the 10th Congressional District, Texas. The people of the 10th Congressional District, Texas, are the employers of the person they elect to represent them in the US Congress. As employers, the people of the 10th Congressional District have a constitutional right to hold their employee accountable through the use of a voluntary Candidate Employment Contract. By electing Michael Badnarik to office, the employers willingly agree to abide by any dispute resolution decision issued by the arbitrators as outline above and forego any and all rights to appeal or other review by any Court.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I, Michael Badnarik, candidate for the office of United States Congress, Texas District 10, have executed this Candidate Employment Contract voluntarily, and I have willingly agreed to abide by any dispute resolution decision issued by the arbitrators as outline above and forego any an all rights to appeal or other review by any Court. Voluntarily signed by my hand as witnessed on this day of__________________.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: Michael Badnarik's Candidate Employment Contract [Re: DNKYD]
    #6126524 - 10/02/06 09:44 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Pretty harsh for my taste, but still a great idea.
Go Badnarik!

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Michael Badnarik's Candidate Employment Contract [Re: Gijith]
    #6126539 - 10/02/06 09:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, I disagree with some of the content of this, but I appreciate the sentiment.

--------------------

InvisibleStroFun
Repeater

Loc: Mycotopia.net
Re: Michael Badnarik's Candidate Employment Contract [Re: Silversoul]
    #6127558 - 10/03/06 07:57 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with the BOLD writing.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder