Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineS1lverdj
Stranger
Male
Tough Little Mushrooms
    #6124276 - 10/02/06 02:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So, I had a jar fall to bacillus not long back. Around the same time, I had a casing exhaust itself. So, I took the contaminated jar, opened it, and placed it on the front porch. This apparently did some major damage to the bacillus and it mostly died off. I noticed little mushrooms growing on the cake, so I broke up the cake and buried it in the casing. (Mind you, I did all of this with my BARE HANDS.) So, as time has gone on, it's been 45 degrees at night, 80 in the day, rained, etc. The casing was even raided by squirrels for chunks of mycelium (that would've been REALLY entertaining to watch the results). Anyways, to the point, after ALL of this...the casing is producing mushrooms. I harvested three little fat and squat mushrooms last night. I even noticed that the casing had hardened on top, so the mushrooms grew sideways for about 3" THROUGH THE CASING until they found a weak spot to burst through. Just had to comment on the fact that even when EVERYTHING is wrong, these little guys will still insist on thriving!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Tough Little Mushrooms [Re: S1lverdj]
    #6124415 - 10/02/06 03:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Reminds me of one occasion my friend tried some cakes.

During sterilization he let the verm barrier get wet, we watched 5/6 of the cakes get contam'd and left the other for dead.

Came back 2 months later to find mushrooms had grown in the jar!

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation