Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Got scammed for $20 by some junkies
    #6114407 - 09/29/06 06:36 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It was worth it just to learn. I couldn't help but lauph when i finnally came to the realazation. Anyway, nobody should half to be told this, but the rule still stands: No matter how nice a random junkie on the street acts, do not front them $20. There need for rocks outweighs any moral delema they may have with taking your money.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Got scammed for $20 by some junkies [Re: Dreamer987]
    #6114430 - 09/29/06 06:58 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

learned that mistake in the past.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6114440 - 09/29/06 07:04 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I could have told you that :wink:
I live in BC though, and not to be a dick, but one of my pot dealers meets me................

In my laundry room.

The others, I just walk 5 minutes up the road, and hop in their car for 2 minutes.

But ya, I to have done stupid things, and have handed my money to shifty people before.
Its just that up here, your chances of getting ripped fall quite a bit.
Unless you deal with crackheads, I never buy pot on the street, unless I am at a pot rally.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #6114476 - 09/29/06 07:27 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm amazed anybody would give a $20 out to those people. So many times some weirdo comes up to me with a story about how his friend spent his bus fare and he can't get back to Halifax or whateverthefuck... It's all the same. Say no. You aren't helping anyone.

Oh well, I guess you learned. And it only cost you money.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

#6115562 - 09/29/06 01:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

They ran a good scam, and i made a good rube.

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #6115572 - 09/29/06 01:36 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Details on the scam? Had it happen to me before also....

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Re: Got scammed for $20 by some junkies [Re: eris]
    #6115699 - 09/29/06 02:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I saw it coming, and really new better.. but i'm a dumbass.
I got bored, and found myself driving around a skeevier area of downtown so i asked a few people if they knew wher to get any dope. I found an old black dude, and a disheveled white lady at a gas station, and they said they knew someone around the corner. So i drove them around the corner. She told me to park up the street. against my better judgment i gave her 20, and she went into a beat up house. The whole front yard was covered in thuged out mexican folk.
Long story short, we circled around for a little while, i got us some beer, and smokes. It dawned on me pretty soon that i wasn't going to be getting my money back, so i told the dude to hop out, and not to spend it all in one place.

pretty retarded no? I usually do buisness with friends, but its hard to find friends who fuck around with such things.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
    #6116170 - 09/29/06 04:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

You can trust people. You just have to know them well enough to trust them. =)

The other night, I met this old dude walking along the beach. I said what's up. We talked. I figured he was cool. Long story short, we ended up getting high together after he bought me an eigth from an awesome hookup. I'm talking best hookup you could possibly get. Plus, this guy was totally cool. We played chess and he whooped on me, which is no small feat. So I'm really glad about the whole thing. I just made a friend. This guy smoked shit occassionally.

I also met another dude who smokes shit. We worked together for a while. I trusted him, too. I even let him live with me for a couple days and left him alone in the house for periods of time. He was totally honest and he helped me with alot of stuff.

Both of these dudes were homeless and both smoked shit. It just goes to show you - you can't judge a book by its cover. Judge people by their character first and foremost.

I beleive that the simplest lesson to be learned here is that you shouldn't give someone your money without seeing (and smelling) the product. There's not many people who would just gank your money and run off without giving you the stuff. That's why the exchange is so important. When you say "can I check it out?" - you get to see if they are willing to be honest with you or not. I have no problem if they hold onto the bag for me to smell it - still counts. Also, be safe and cautious of cops during the exchange. Quick and to the point.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

#6116176 - 09/29/06 04:44 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds familiar... in the past when buying that stuff in the city (usually very bad areas) I try to avoid the rough looking characters. A lot of times they are out there just to do that sort of thing.
I've had people sell me empty bags (real ones with stamps and all) just so they could go get high with my $10. I always try to check it first and never give any money until they have it on them.

--------------------
The OG Thread Killer

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
    #6116179 - 09/29/06 04:45 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

So wait,

people actually still buy things on the street?

I've never done that, not even once.

Not like I've chosen not to, but I just don't know how.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Re: Got scammed for $20 by some junkies [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #6116184 - 09/29/06 04:47 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Depends on where you are... it only really works in heavy populated cities - usually in the bad parts of town. Some places are known specifically for being able to drive into and get drugs 24/7.

--------------------
The OG Thread Killer

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

#6116186 - 09/29/06 04:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

The trick is to get to know them without letting them know your intention to buy. If they are cool as just another person on the street, then they can potentially qualify as cool to deal with.

--------------------
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
    #6116188 - 09/29/06 04:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I mean, I wouldn't know where to start.

I know I could score coke or smack in a couple of neighborhoods in broad daylight, but I mean, how do you get a sack of weed?

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

#6116199 - 09/29/06 04:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Weed is better to just get through friends or someone that you know who smokes.. most people that sell drugs on the street sell either coke/crack or heroin. I guess you could ask, but they are going to assume that you are looking for one of the other two when they first see you.
You don't even have to do any talking in the city around here, you just look at someone, they will signal you, and you can put a thumbup for coke/crack and thumbdown means you are looking for H. They will either shake their head or come up to you with it.

--------------------
The OG Thread Killer

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

#6116212 - 09/29/06 04:55 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Every place is different. It helps to get some street knowledge beforehand, but it's never hurt me to ask when I had a good feeling about it.

--------------------

OfflineMr420
Stranger
Male

Loc: Oompa loompa land
    #6116278 - 09/29/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah we have somthing similar it's a whole street filled with dealers half have oregano the other good stuff,I knew quite a few people who used to go down there just for the russian roulete style of the process.I never bothered I go there looking for what i buy i'm dead or robbed no question.

And dreamer we have all been there and got hosed the worst is when its a freind you may have not seen for a while or whatever then they just up and lift you for way more than a 20,I was got by a person I knew for years out of no where he's like dude I got this awsome deal on pounds of good I'm like sweet i'll get one,got it from him many times never had a problem,but hadn't in some time.Wham no sing of him been all day..wen't looking..looking..damn startin to worry bout my homie..wen't to go round up a few extra freinds for the hunt and see his mom,ask have you seen him,answer oh sure he's at the house!! Went there she let me in went to his room and there him and 2 buddies in a pile of snow!!I don't think I need explain what happened after.Lets just say I lost a freind and gained 3 meat sacks the best is his mom just shut the door behind me and let me do what was right.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags