Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAreA
Stranger
Small Shrooms! HELP! (PICS)
    #611493 - 04/18/02 02:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hey people. I have two cakes, BRF/VERM, one is Pink Buffalo and the other is Ecuador. They both have started to pin after a week and a half after birth. The humidity is at 95-100% and the temp is from 73-80 degrees, I fan once a day and mist about twice, even though I do have perlight at the bottom, I still feel like they are dry. My problem at first was that they did not produce the fluffy white cloud that most teks say they will do, they just stayed white, and as if they just come right from the jars. I started to worry, and was told to try and cold shock them so I did, and the next day, pins everywhere! They started growing slow (due to the fact that focus was on bulk not size) and after getting more and more pins, they started getting bigger. This morning I woke, and took a look and one of the mushroom veils have broken, so I picked it off to dry. Its only about an inch long, with the cap already changed from the bright red to a lighter brown (pink buffalo). I am wondering if the rest of the pins that have formed are going to do the same? I am wondering if anyone knows the answer to WHY they are small and the veil is breaking so soon? Is it the CO2, temp, humidy??? The ecuador cake is just now started to pin, and I am wondering if it will do the same? Here is a picture of the Pink Buffalo cake that is giving me small shrooms...

Does this look normal for Pink Buffalo's??? The prints come from ralph in the FSR, so I doubt it be the spores...

People have said in other posts that its due to lack of food for the shrooms, like water and such from the mix I used (brf/verm), so I placed the Ecuador cake directly onto the moist perlight hoping for a better fruit from it. If anyone can help. Please, I dont wanna have to eat a whole flush just to trip =)...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

Loc: Europe
Re: Small Shrooms! HELP! (PICS) [Re: AreA]
    #611627 - 04/18/02 05:55 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think your shrooms are that small.
You could have flipped your cake in order to have a better flush. See how the shrooms grow from the bottom. Imagine you flipped the cake, they would have grown straight.
You can try to dunk your cakes as well. People often have excellent results with that. You can try it before the 2nd flush (then you should have perfect results with bigger shrooms)

>I dont wanna have to eat a whole flush just to trip =)...
If you only have two cake, then you won't have choice !

--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

OfflineAreA
Stranger
    #612152 - 04/18/02 07:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hey thanks man, I am going to dunk them tonight, but I did get my first harvest, but they are pretty small mushrooms, with no weight yet. I'll post that soon. Do you think the small shrooms will still have good potency in em? Anyways, I picked alot off this morning, due to the veil breaking... so I will dunk them tonight and then see what happens, the equador mushrooms are growing GOOD =).. thanks for the ppl that help, and I'll post my results.... laterzzz

OfflineAreA
Stranger
    #612537 - 04/19/02 02:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This is the first mushroom to break its veil, so I picked it. its dry now though.

These are the other mushrooms that broke the veil this morning, they are bruising bad, but look OK to me?

These are some really small ones that broke their veils, so I just picked them too.
They are bruising REALLY bad, hope thats OK eh?

I picked these mushrooms about.... 10 min ago, they also broke their veils?

Here is my whole harvest... They are Pink Buffalo's, they are small, but I am working on a new way to get filtered air into the container.. Its small, not like others I have seen, but the fact that remains is that I grew them! YEAH!!! TRIP diz weekend!!! hehe

Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

Loc: Europe
    #612809 - 04/19/02 11:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Between each flush, make sure you "clean" your cakes. Remove the aborts, etc...
Good trip :smile:

--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

OfflineAreA
Stranger
    #612983 - 04/19/02 04:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yep, that is what I did this morning after I seen that they were not going to grow anymore.. hehe

14 total Aborts..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation