Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomorrowAlready
Stranger
how many flushes at most?
    #6114181 - 09/29/06 02:45 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I have a growbox which already gave me about 530g of fresh B+ in five flushes. There is a sixth one in process with only three mushrooms that I expect to achieve a total weight of about 50g.

There is still a lot of the feeding subtance in the growbox (about 2/3 of what was at first, wheat here).

So my question is, how many flushes can I expect to get if I don't screw up with the spores dropping thing? Is it a never ending process untill there is no more feeding substance? Any tips to get better flushes at this point? Like maybe stirring the surface with a fork or something?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemerge_oners
Very Experiancedmakes perfect!
Male User Gallery

Loc: in a very confused societ...
Re: how many flushes at most? [Re: TomorrowAlready]
    #6114185 - 09/29/06 02:55 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

this sounds like a question for me lol, first you have to understand that mycelium gets its nutrients from what they eat, because they don't have chlorophyll like plants to make their food for them they can continue eating until they start their fruiting process, after about the 3rd flush (normally) they tend to just "give up or retire" like anything else so you have to keep that colony as much as you can or star a new colony with that same mycelium, kinda like a family tree with hums, but the last retired my mycelium would be the grandfather, so basically you can but it is not mathematically possible because in the future mycelium lives that you got from the grandfather will not exactly be there anymore. hope i answered your question-merge oner's

--------------------
Can you help me figure out why humanity is here? cause im on a mission to find out!

Offlinemerge_oners
Male User Gallery

Re: how many flushes at most? [Re: merge_oners]
    #6114189 - 09/29/06 02:56 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i would say dunk what ever is left in the grow-box, its do or die kinda thing.

--------------------
Can you help me figure out why humanity is here? cause im on a mission to find out!

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
    #6114201 - 09/29/06 03:13 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

merge_oners said:
you have to keep that colony as much as you can or star a new colony with that same mycelium, kinda like a family tree with hums,

do not use old myc to start a new colony ,you want nice healthy aggressive myc , it will be slower ,i did this once i got fruits but it took 2 months for the substrate to colonize and was only 60% and it got contam during the first flush.you can ask any of the veterans not a good idea.

--------------------
=================================================
if you have any questions please feel free to pm me , thx :-)

Offlinemerge_oners
Male User Gallery

Re: how many flushes at most? [Re: royer]
    #6114212 - 09/29/06 03:21 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

thats very true and easy to understand, genious indeed. when the old mycelium (the grandparents)die off it eentually causes a rot on your crop, in time when all of the hyphae catch up with the age of the mycelium is when a percentage will be automatically infected with the contamination.

--------------------

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
    #6114242 - 09/29/06 03:46 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

if it is true then why do you tell people to do it?????????

--------------------
=================================================
if you have any questions please feel free to pm me , thx :-)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate