Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: The End of the World Is Nigh [Re: capliberty]
    #6103578 - 09/26/06 02:27 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The world itself won't end until the sun goes nova in about 5 billion years.

We may distort the environment to the point of our extinction, or nuke ourselves into oblivion.........but Mother Earth will simply make more life after we are gone.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: The End of the World Is Nigh [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6103929 - 09/26/06 03:38 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
The end has been coming for a long time now....I'm getting tired of waiting.

same im beginning to wonder when its gona arrive... on of my good bipolar/add friends told me recently that there was some guy who claimed to be an alien from the future and that world war 3 was gona start in late 2006 but i duno...

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: The End of the World Is Nigh [Re: TheGus]
    #6104076 - 09/26/06 04:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

lol
world war 3 is gonna start in 2006?

it already started
5 years ago

they call it "the war to end all wars"
you cannot win a "war on terror"
the tensions between Israel and the Vatican and Islam, and the thelemic melting pot of American Patriots.
it's apocalyptic, leading to armageddon senarios

i believe the only thing stopping it is love and family unity.
when a teenage boy hates his mother and wishes death upon her, somewhere machine guns fire.
if a man cheat on his loving wife, disrespecting his children and his mother and father, bombs go off.

the only solution i see is to mend your own families.
and if you have an honest wholesome family, then you can extend outward to influence others in The Way.
And this may not stop the end of the era, but it will keep you safe through Utopia/Rapture

you are lucky that you still have some time left, to tell your mother you love her, and to hold your children
and to laugh and cry together
so go and do that now please

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

Re: The End of the World Is Nigh [Re: TheGus]
    #6104078 - 09/26/06 04:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by thatiAM (09/26/06 04:31 PM)

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

Re: The End of the World Is Nigh [Re: justAkid]
    #6104310 - 09/26/06 05:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

humans are paranoid. the world will not end.

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The End of the World Is Nigh [Re: Telepylus]
    #6104925 - 09/26/06 08:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

There isn't going to be any apocalypse

again this is just another pessimistic and undermining view of humanity infused by religion to keep those who buy into such garbage to maintain their fragile faiths

my belief is that humanity will continue to evolve technology until we have control over much of the space/stars in our galaxy, no need to buy into such pessimistic rhetoric

cause some people can make some meaningless associations they think they can suggest anything, this religion at its worst.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #6104988 - 09/26/06 08:20 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

or maybe the sea level will rise as the ozone gets thinner and thinner and the glaciers start melting away..thereby covering much of the landmass of the earth, and forcing us to rethink what we've been so used to having over the past centuries..an apocalypse in the sense that we must abandon the world as we know it and are moved by nature to adopt a new way of life..

maybe not, but perhaps so.. :crazy:

EDIT: nuclear apocalypse is a fear-mongering tactic to direct terrestrial politics. i don't buy into that. there is nothing to fear. i think reality will turn out to be far more different than we would ever expect. :mushroom2:

--------------------

Edited by AlteredAgain (09/26/06 08:22 PM)

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: The End of the World Is Nigh [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6106073 - 09/27/06 06:14 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The planet lives forever.

You and me?

Who knows.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: The End of the World Is Nigh [Re: slaphappy]
    #6106552 - 09/27/06 09:46 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

To thread:

Atomic apocalypse is not soo far at all. Remember the cuba crisis ?

That was very close and possible to be repeated again, with much more fool humans in the lead. The more power the humans get, the more crazy they seem to become.

Yes and we are at WW IV (senseless war against terror) at current time as far as I see.
WWIII was the cold war.

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The End of the World Is Nigh [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #6106584 - 09/27/06 09:58 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'm at WWV telling you to shut hell up

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #6106619 - 09/27/06 10:08 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hehe, to be on war with oneself seems like a WW :grin:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: The End of the World Is Nigh [Re: justAkid]
    #6114197 - 09/29/06 03:08 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you can do more than promoise him heaven, hell, bliss and god...you can show him all these.

Parents can be very influential, but so can friends

You can show him that humans have been around for only an glimpse in the history of the earth, and only a blink of an eye in the histoy of the universe.

look at this

A plethora of galaxies, stars, solar systems and planets. Ask him if he can even imagine the possibilities of other life?

all of this just for humans?  appeal to his common sense. 

Religion religions religions!!!  Show him about the toltecs who have been around for over 10,000 years!  look at their ideas about the 'way' they view life.  in fact, do that with hinduism, buddhism, and tons of other religions that came way before christianity and its sects.

ask him, does it make sense that christianity which has been around for only 2000 years is the REAL truth?

easier said than done I know, and also that you really can't change a person's mind, you can only help.  just that a few of these points might be some potent seeds.

In regards to the end of the world, in the past 700 million years, there have been 5 mass extictions one which wiped out 95% of all life on the planet!  That's huge! 

The earth at one point was a giant snowball, most of the surface was covered with ice.  Other times there was no ice at all.  Life still goes on.

sometimes a bigger picture might settle the mind down and realise how insignificant we are, including our problems. 

if we find something wrong with the way things are, why not go out and try to change it?  Action is key and gives our mind a sense of substance when feel insubstantial.  :heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder