Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6456982 - 01/13/07 11:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hmm i somehow dont believe you.. ive handled hundreds of thousands of packages and have never seen this happen.

now if something is leaking then it goes thru a special process, but in no case is something sent to customs..

although i did deal mostly with domestic shipping, dont really recall too many international packages... but we generally did the re-taping ourselves.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: Banez]
    #6457448 - 01/14/07 02:48 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Then Customs opened it. I thought the specific mail service played the role as Customs for cross-border packages, I didn't know Customs was an independant organization.

That changes my concerns, because I see Customs as the biggest threat to opening packages, and we're stuck with the same group then no matter what.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6457914 - 01/14/07 08:39 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yeah customs is its own service regulated by the who else than the government. sadly.

--------------------

Offlineninfan77
Stranger
    #6468650 - 01/17/07 07:18 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

UPS randomly inspects packages, especially overnight int'l. Rather i should say customs does....

And re: whoever said Bush allows opening of mail.. thats not quite true. Do more reading on the actual legislation (its actually not even new).

USPS still requires a warrant for the "everyday joe", its the "suspected terrorist" that is pretty well screwed.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: ninfan77]
    #6469173 - 01/17/07 11:36 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yeah.. its customs.. and its ONLY on international packages.. UPS does not inspect any domestic packages.. unless its a HAZMAT package and it starts leaking.

--------------------

InvisibleAndroctonus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: L.I.S.
Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: LedHead]
    #6469392 - 01/17/07 12:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Why I always use UPS.

--------------------
The red grass, up to my knees
An aura comes towards me

Someone's changed the formula
Un-chaining another law

The structures, the colors
Uniform chaos is alternating

The nature of things

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #6469548 - 01/17/07 01:13 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ninfan77 said:
UPS randomly inspects packages, especially overnight int'l. Rather i should say customs does....

And re: whoever said Bush allows opening of mail.. thats not quite true. Do more reading on the actual legislation (its actually not even new).

USPS still requires a warrant for the "everyday joe", its the "suspected terrorist" that is pretty well screwed.

Haven't you been reading the news? Yes, it's new. And it doesn't really have that much to do with the legislation. The legislation is bad enough but it's the "signing statement" that's the worst. He basically said that he'll open whatever he wants, and that he has the authority to do so and always has.

-FF

Offlinestrangladesh
masterOFpuppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here!
Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: Androctonus]
    #6469553 - 01/17/07 01:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thats why always DO ups...

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #6469862 - 01/17/07 03:01 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ninfan77 said:

This is absolute nonsense.

I've worked for UPS for a number of years and deal with thousands of domestic and hundreds of international packages every day. I have never even SEEN a customs person at ANY of the UPS facilities I've worked for.

We certainly dont search domestic packages. We couldnt care less what you send. Maybe if your package containing 100lbs of high-grade herb breaks open on the floor, some of the high-school dropouts we employ might steal it, but thats your only concern.

We arent even supposed to look at whats in a package when we tape it up if it breaks.

Nobody cares what you ship, just package it securely.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6472351 - 01/18/07 02:28 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

> I have never even SEEN a customs person at ANY of the UPS facilities I've worked for.

Maybe that's because customs inspects packages at ports of entry. There obviously aren't customs officials at every beat up UPS facility around the country.

If it goes international then it goes through customs. Every single shipment is either inspected or just passes through customs.

I'm sure UPS doesn't give a damn about what's in domestic packages, but if it's international then customs has the choice to inspect it or not.

-FF

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: fastfred]
    #6473022 - 01/18/07 11:16 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hmm.. why arent you listening to the people who WORK for the company..

do you even know what your talking about? "point of entry"? this is literally how packages move with UPS.

semi rolls up with packages.. unloaders open the door, start unloading.. sorters sort the packages to small trucks or a new semi.. loaders scan the packages and track them to their next destination..

the only part i think customs MAY be involved in, is with the semi's that drive to the airport.. i THINK they are loaded directly into the cargo, and HAZMATS are checked.. i dont think customs has anything to do with the packages... im not 100% certain, but im about 90%

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6473598 - 01/18/07 02:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I work at the international airport in a northern state. We have airplanes, Cessna's and whatnot that come in directly form Toronto.

They are unloaded and put on Semis or package cars.

Nobody is inspecting them.

What banez says is absolutely correct.

Maybe at a big port of entry, like LA or something, they have Customs people. But not at every rinky-dink airport that packages come into.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6475479 - 01/19/07 02:25 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
semi rolls up with packages.. unloaders open the door, start unloading.. sorters sort the packages to small trucks or a new semi.. loaders scan the packages and track them to their next destination..

Hmmm... Well then I guess that those semis just roll right across the border right into the US then. And they just unload the planes right onto a semi that just rolls right away from the airport with no checkpoints.

That sounds great... Where are these special lines? I'd sure like to just bypass customs all together. Is there a special form I can use for international packages that just says "don't bother with customs"?

So when you fill out the forms that declare what's in the package, what the value is, taxes paid, etc. that nobody even bothers to read that?

So UPS has some sort of special privileges, where everyone and everything else has to go through customs, but UPS has a special express lane that just goes right past customs?

I think you just aren't seeing the bigger picture. Some stuff gets inspected before it leaves it's origin on international flights, some gets inspected at the international airport that it lands at. Obviously they don't take each and every package and individually inspect it, but it all does go through customs. Maybe a lot of times it's just some bureaucrat stamping shit off by the truckload, but every package gets some sort of clearance by customs to enter the country.

I've read news stories about the US setting up large customs operations in various countries to inspect stuff bound for the US. At some point almost everything goes through some sort of customs checkpoint. If they want to stop and inspect a package then they will.

As for little airports near the border... They may call themselves "international", but in reality just because you can land a Cessna that flew a couple hundred miles from another country doesn't make you big enough to register on their radar. I have an airport like that near me. They don't land 747's or cargo planes.

Anything that ships UPS is going to come in on a large cargo plane at a large international airport. They don't just let large shipments like that roll right into the country with no oversight. I've seen customs putting tamper-proof seals across shipping containers bound for other countries. Maybe that's as close as anyone ever gets to those packages, but they are going through customs and getting approved, inspected, or denied.

-FF

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6477400 - 01/19/07 04:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

you're wrong.

i dont see why you are agruing with people who have worked for the company.

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6479269 - 01/20/07 07:28 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

> you're wrong.

Please enlighten me then. I've been through many customs checkpoints. I've also seem many shows about how cargo is handled and inspected at major airports and shipyards. I know I am right about the major ports of entry. So please elxplain how I am wrong about whatever you say I'm wrong about.

Tell me how I can exploit the supposed loopholes that you see. Tell me how I can ship off a package through UPS, and ensure that it traveles trough some small airport, on a small cessna, to an airport near the border, on flights that they never inspect.

Otherwise what your're saying isn't relevant to the day to day stuff that is sent across the border.

-FF

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6479584 - 01/20/07 11:19 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I dont think anyone is saying NOTHING is getting inspected.

I'm just telling you, in my experience, in many years with the company dealing in international and domestic shipping, I've never seen a customs person or seen a package inspected by anyone.

Be paranoid if you want, or believe what you saw on a TV show, I'm just telling you the facts.

--------------------

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery
Loc: california!
Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6481778 - 01/21/07 07:07 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

my best friend back in LA has worked for ups for about 3 or 4 years now. he is one faded ass bastard. i know about 5 other people that work there. they are all faded ass bastards. they dont give a flying fuck what they send out. and yes, they pack this stuff directly on a plane and the stuff they get comes from a plane that JUST landed.

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: impgl]
    #6482367 - 01/21/07 12:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So faded is the new word on the west coast? I just got back form Denver and thats what everyone ays there, never heard it on the east coast yet.  :penguinmonkey:

--------------------

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery
Loc: california!
Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: AJ4U]
    #6482468 - 01/21/07 01:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i never hear it up here in the Bay, but all of my LA friends ve said it for years

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: ups,usps,or fed ex? [Re: impgl]
    #6493212 - 01/24/07 04:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

USPS is the safest. As someone has stated, there are laws and regulations that they must follow. UPS/FedEX/DHL are not bound by those laws. Those are the facts, personal experience may differ but as far as the actual laws/regulations, USPS is the safest way.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom