Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWronguy
Tripping weed warning
    #6106320 - 09/27/06 08:43 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.dailypost.co.nz/localnews/sto...condsubsection=

Tripping weed warning

Mexican tripping weed might be legal but a Rotorua woman is adamant she won't be trying it again.

The 18-year-old student who did not wish to be named, endured several harrowing minutes of hallucinatory sensations after smoking a drug she bought legally over the counter in a Rotorua shop.

She wasn't prepared for what followed.

"This was freaky. I was so scared, I had the feeling my skin was being pulled away from my bones and I couldn't move, I just sat there," she said.

The woman's experience has prompted a warning from a seller of the herb that care should be taken when using it.

The drug salvia divinorum (also known as Mexican tripping weed) is imported from Mexico and has long been used by Mexican Indians for its psychedelic effects in ancient rituals.

An expert has said it can cause hallucinations and flashbacks similar to those displayed by sufferers of post traumatic stress syndrome.

"I thought I was going to die ... it only lasted for a few minutes but I won't touch it again that's for sure," the student said.

The owner of Skin Graft in Rotorua, David Young, said he's been selling salvia for about 12 years.

He said he had never had any negative feedback from his customers, but agreed it was a powerful drug and people should adhere to safety instructions on the packet.

"People say to me, is it really that powerful? ... I tell them it sure is, you need to be somewhere safe when you use it, like under a tree or at home with friends."

Mr Young said all the staff had tried it so they're able to give customers an inkling of what they might experience.

"It comes in different strengths so we always recommend that first time users start with the low strength."

In 2001, the New Zealand Herald reported that an Auckland supplier had removed salvia from the shelves saying it was "too out there" and "too many young people were buying it".

Ministry of Health media adviser Emily Barrett said the ministry was aware salvia divinorum was controlled in some countries, such as Australia, Finland and Italy.

"The ministry will continue to monitor any developments in terms of the plant's legal status or health effects.

"If any problems arise in the future the matter will be referred to the Expert Advisory Committee on Drugs for consideration," she said.

"To date, no reports have been received from other agencies such as the police or hospital emergency departments to suggest such a situation exists."

Other teenagers spoken to by the Daily Post said they too had experienced "freaky hallucinations" after smoking the drug.

One who did not wish to be named, said beams of light were shooting out from her body, connecting her with friends sitting nearby.

"It was like we were all connected and they knew we were, but I don't think they did.

"And I know someone who tried to climb the wall and then started banging her head against it."

Senior Sergeant Dennis Murphy of the Rotorua police had not heard of the drug but thought it was "concerning".

Rotorua Hospital's duty manager Patti Ranson said people who did not know much about the legal drugs they were taking should stay away from them.

"Why would you want to if that's how it makes you feel?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: Wronguy]
    #6107043 - 09/27/06 12:06 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

>mexican tripping weed

that is fucking hilarious

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: Jim]
    #6107071 - 09/27/06 12:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yeah I've never heard that name either.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6107224 - 09/27/06 01:14 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

holy shit that is hilarious! Mexican tripping weed... I wonder how many DEA brains it took to come up with that term.

OfflineTheJakeyl88
RememberInfinity.
Male
Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: dedjam]
    #6107313 - 09/27/06 01:32 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

They are trying to play it off and bring it to the public like a new thing we really need to look at. Calling it mexican tripping weed and saying thats a name for it? And the sgt. of police never heard of it? That doesn't make sense to me but I guess people will read it and go well if he hasn't heard of it yet and thinks its concerning well so do I...

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: TheJakeyl88]
    #6107325 - 09/27/06 01:36 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

There we go, they figured out how to put the two most dangerous words into the "street name" of salvia. Tripping and weed. Anything related to those two words must be deadly, dangerous to society, and must be prohibited and enforced by men with guns.

Seems like mexican tripping weed is long name for salvia. Isn't salvia shorter? And less convoluted because it doesn't confuse you with marijuana.

BTW, i clicked on this story hoping to get some trumped up charge about some marijuana that trips you out.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

OfflineButterWeasels
Forum Lurker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Saskatchewan
Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: Nephlyte]
    #6107406 - 09/27/06 01:56 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I've had a bad experience with the stuff and I feel it should be banned world-wide, noone should have to go to where that drug sends you.

You have complete amnesia if you take too high a dose of salvia, you dont know your a person, who you are, what you took, where you are, etc.

I did not know I was tripping on anything until I came out of it and even then seeing reality was a big surprise for me, salvia is like reality giving you a bitch smack across the face.

--------------------
-==Classic Cakes Log==-

InvisibleStroFun
Repeater

Loc: Mycotopia.net
Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: ButterWeasels]
    #6107499 - 09/27/06 02:19 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ButterWeasels said:
I've had a bad experience with the stuff and I feel it should be banned world-wide, noone should have to go to where that drug sends you.

You have complete amnesia if you take too high a dose of salvia, you dont know your a person, who you are, what you took, where you are, etc.

I did not know I was tripping on anything until I came out of it and even then seeing reality was a big surprise for me, salvia is like reality giving you a bitch smack across the face.

Your experience does not match up with every other experience i have read. You used the drug irresponsible so instead punishing a plant you should be punished. Take responsibility for your own actions don't blame a fucking plant, that is ridiculous!

OfflineWronguy
Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: StroFun]
    #6107753 - 09/27/06 03:14 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

While I can understand some of the frustrations that arise when people blame their experience on a particular substance, there's no reason to get angry. His experience, while bad, is only a matter of opinion. The fact is that many people enjoy Salvia, so don't let the misfortunes of others bring you down my friend.  :laugh:

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #6107978 - 09/27/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Just because YOU had a really bad time on Salvia, doesn't mean that it should be banned. I've had really bad times on alcohol, but I just chose to drink smaller amounts or not at all, rather than proclaim it should be banned.
I don't understand these articles (I live in NZ). The headshop I have purchased it from keep it out of the display cabinets (you have to ask for it if you wish to buy some), and they have an R18 policy. They also ask if you have experience with any other hallucinogenics and if you've tried Salvia before. If you haven't, they give you a piece of paper detailing what to expect, safety guidelines etc (not sure if they still do this).
If the girl from Rotorua bothered to do some research, she may have decided to not use it in the first place. Some people assume that because it's lumped under a "legal herbal high" category, then it's not going to have any effects. And since she tried it, and will never try it again (seems like the typical reaction from most people just looking for a new high), there is really no need to consider banning it or be raising concerns about it. It's not a party drug, nor is it extremely addictive. The potential for this to be the "latest craze" is almost nil. You're also up and down in a matter of minutes, so if you bothered to read the warnings of being in a safe place, having a sitter and sitting down during the experience, you're hardly likely to harm yourself (just freak yourself out a little bit).

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #6108002 - 09/27/06 04:31 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ButterWeasels said:

Thanks for your misguided concern but let me tell you that I have had only the most beautiful experiences while under the influence of Salvia. No one, and I mean no one, who has tried it in my presence has ever had a bad trip. That doesn't mean that it can't happen, of course. I've read trip reports from bad trips, but as it stands in my circle of friends, Salvia is a beautiful mind exploration helper.

The way I see it, what you get out of a Salvia experience depends largely what you bring into it.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: Ekstaza]
    #6108072 - 09/27/06 04:54 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

what an idiot,
probably a college student who likes to drink until she passes out, and does drugs just to 'get fucked up.'

She was ignorant and put something into her body she knew nothing of. Fuck these types, they make me want to rip my face off because their lack of personal responsibility.

--------------------
Feel free to forget all that I am saying, for the instant these clumsy words spill out of my mouth, they transform into complete lies.

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6108147 - 09/27/06 05:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

its dissapointing that once you have experienced salvia and found it unpleasant that you would advocate removing the right of others to experience it for themselves.

as for the name mexican tripping weed, I believe the name was coined to market it as a legal marijuana alternative in the party pill shops in NZ.

(for the non-kiwi's out there, BZP is sold legally as a "herbal high" or otherwise known as a party pills. the shops that sell these "herbals" as they are also known, also sell a variety of stash tins, pipes, bongs, and salvia which is sometimes marketed as mexican tripping weed. http://www.cosmiccorner.co.nz/ for those interested)

OfflineTheJakeyl88
RememberInfinity.
Male
Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: psychomime]
    #6108729 - 09/27/06 07:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ButterWeasels look at your signature. It says exactly what Salvia allows people to do, if they so choose. You explored Salvia and what it had to offer, didn't like it and will never do it again. What other drug protects itself from abuse in such a way. Good luck growing old and face the reality of mortality if you can't even handle that.

Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: TheJakeyl88]
    #6108992 - 09/27/06 08:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheJakeyl88 said:
Good luck growing old and face the reality of mortality if you can't even handle that.

memento mori

--------------------
Feel free to forget all that I am saying, for the instant these clumsy words spill out of my mouth, they transform into complete lies.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #6109261 - 09/27/06 09:57 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Jim said:
>mexican tripping weed

that is fucking hilarious

Salvia Divinorum has been called alot. Mexican mint, devils weed, diviners sage, etc., I think something may have been lost in translation.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6109309 - 09/27/06 10:11 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ButterWeasels said:

So you're smart enough to dictate what the rest of the population can and cannot experience?
That is one of the most un-American things any person could ever say. Unfortunately for the rest of us our elected officials have the same puritanical, protective mindset as you. We can only hope you'll never be in a position to create our laws.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6109497 - 09/27/06 10:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

wtf devils weed is datura

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinemjgecko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6109736 - 09/27/06 11:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Silvia is starting to get allot of press. I expect it will be banned soon. I'm not a big fan of dissociative drugs in general so I would not miss it. I don't think it has much potential for abuse so, who knows, it might not be a priority for being scheduled. Legal or not people need to inform themselves about what they ingest. Maybe mandatory IQ testing, instead of drug testing would be better for society.

OfflineInTheFlesh714
Drunk
Male User Gallery
Loc: (714)
Re: Tripping weed warning [Re: mjgecko]
    #6110010 - 09/28/06 01:42 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

mexican tripping weed?? :lolz0rz:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale