Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOLD_NEWBIE
journeyman
Are shrooms poisen?.
    #607571 - 04/13/02 08:45 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Hi all,
If 1 week ago, I had around 5-6g dried Tassies, Went halves with my bro, and chomped them all down, Then got verry sick, Is this the shrooms?.
I know the 1-2 hour come on sickness is from them, But, All that night my bro had major kidney/liver pain and he was buzzed for 2 days. I on the other hand was verrry crook in the stomach for a good 3 days with a slight mj buzz that lasted as long as the sick. The worst thing about it was we didn't even take enough to get any visuals, Verrrry close though, Probably 1/2g off.
Do others get this sick for days of shrooms?, Or is it just me?.
It actually felt very exact to a megga hangover. Could i have just had a virus?, Hope so. I dont think i'll continue growing/consuming shrooms if they are gonna make me this sick, I ain't that desperate for a buzz, Being sick the following day is the reason i gave up alcahol, If shrooms are gonna make me sick for "3" days i'll piss them off to.
Thanks all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

Re: Are shrooms poisen?. [Re: OLD_NEWBIE]
    #607752 - 04/14/02 01:56 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Well, that's not normal... not for the hangover, the effects lasting for two days or the pain in liver and kidneys. Even the fact that you didn't get mild visuals seems a bit strange, allthough I have no experience with this particular mushroom so I don't know it's strength. My guess is that they were infected with something or you were given the wrong type. Perhaps you should start growing them yourself, that way you can toss out bad cakes and make sure you only consume healthy shrooms of the right type.

Shrooms aren't poisonous btw, far from it actually. It isn't poison that's causing the hallucinations unlike some ppl think. But the effects you describe here do seem to fit the effects from mild poisoning...

Edited by PsyFlux (04/14/02 02:10 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #607846 - 04/14/02 04:45 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Can't comment on your experience, but according to the definition of poison, which is any substance that makes one ill, then yes, shrooms are poison.

Body load, vomiting, vertigo, nausea, hot and cold flashes, poor balance and coordination are not symptoms of health.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Are shrooms poisen?. [Re: Swami]
    #607880 - 04/14/02 06:17 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

kind of a shit definition though, since water (and everything) can be poisonous

the dose is the poison not the substance

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: Are shrooms poisen?. [Re: raytrace]
    #608018 - 04/14/02 11:28 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Mushrooms are actually physically one of the safest drugs there are, safer than marijuana.
Maybe you got some bunk shrooms, or just get easily sick. I've never heard of getting sick for 3 days though, so I'm assuming the first.

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

OfflineOLD_NEWBIE
journeyman
    #608110 - 04/14/02 01:54 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Thanks everyone,
These were the answers i was praying for.
"Shrooms aren't poisonous btw, Far from it actually. It isn't poison that's causing the hallucinations unlike some ppl think."
Thanks PsyFlux, This is what i was led to believe since birth.

Thanks again everyone, This will help my next try. At least next time if i do trip , I won't have the freekout that i've poisoned myself and end up with a bad'n.
Thank god for the shroomery. If it wasn't for this place i'd die believing things like shrooms "were" poison.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#608128 - 04/14/02 02:15 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

kind of a shit definition though, since water (and everything) can be poisonous
You may use water to rupture your stomach, but it is hardly poisonous.

the dose is the poison not the substance
Low doses will give you most all of the symptoms that I described above.

--------------------

Anonymous

#608160 - 04/14/02 02:49 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

You can drink too much water and it creates a condition known as hyponatremia or "water intoxication." If untreated, hyponatremia can lead to coma and even death.

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#608167 - 04/14/02 02:57 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

not arguing specifically about shrooms, no doubt the symptons are there, what i want to point out is that the definition of poison, which is any substance that makes one ill, is a bit shit, since for example:

large quantities of water (as evolving also pointed out) can make you ill even to death (some of the ecstasy related deaths)

scopolamine and atropine (present in datura) are known poisons that also have medical uses in low doses. in fact atropine is used to treat heart problems, while in higher doses it causes heart problems.

so, all i'm saying is that the dose is what makes a medicine to be poison, and thus this poison definition is hardly valid

Edited by raytrace (04/14/02 03:01 PM)

Offlinevodgod
journeyman
    #608171 - 04/14/02 03:08 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

I read a book about toxicology once...If regular table salt was not regular table salt, it would have to be classified as poisonous..If the ld50 dose is below a certain mg/kg then it is classified as a toxin..

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#608172 - 04/14/02 03:18 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Nice try raytrace, except for one major point. Mushrooms give those symptoms, not at extreme doses, but at "normal" doses.

--------------------

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#608198 - 04/14/02 04:07 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

i'm not defending mushrooms as not being a poison. they may indeed be classified as "poisonous" (no probs with me), but we need a valid definition for poison in order to say that.

just provide a definition that does not make everything a poison and then you can put psilocybin in your cupboard with the skull and bones label.

Offlinevodgod
journeyman
    #608219 - 04/14/02 04:36 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

A lot of very helpful medicines also have side effects such as nausea..And would also have to be classified as poisonous...

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Are shrooms poisen?. [Re: vodgod]
    #610629 - 04/17/02 07:10 AM (22 years, 4 days ago)

Poison

Definition

• A poison is a substance that adversely affects one's health by causing injury, illness, or death.

A substance that counteracts the effects of a poison is called an antidote .

Further Info

• A gas poisonous by inhalation is defined by 49 CFR 173.115 as "material which is a gas at 20 deg.C (68 deg.F) or less and a pressure of 101.3 kPa (14.7 psi) (a material which has a boiling point of 20 deg.C (68 deg.F) or less at 101.3 kPa (14.7 psi)) and which:

1. Is known to be so toxic to humans as to pose a hazard to health during transportation, or

2. In the absence of adequate data on human toxicity, is presumed to be toxic to humans because when tested on laboratory animals it has an LC 50 value of not more than 5000 ml/m 3 ... LC50 values for mixtures may be determined using the formula in Sec. 173.133(b)(1)(i) of this subpart ."

• A poisonous substance (other than a gas) is defined by 49 CFR 173.132 as a material "which is known to be so toxic to humans as to afford a hazard to health during transportation, or which, in the absence of adequate data on human toxicity:

1. Is presumed to be toxic to humans because it falls within any one of the following categories when tested on laboratory animals (whenever possible, animal test data that has been reported in the chemical literature should be used):

1. Oral Toxicity . A liquid with an LD 50 for acute oral toxicity of not more than 500 mg/kg or a solid with an LD 50 for acute oral toxicity of not more than 200 mg/kg.

2. Dermal Toxicity . A material with an LD 50 for acute dermal toxicity of not more than 1000 mg/kg.

3. Inhalation Toxicity

1. A dust or mist with an LC 50 for acute toxicity on inhalation of not more than 10 mg/L; or

2. A material with a saturated vapor concentration in air at 20 deg.C (68 deg.F) of more than one-fifth of the LC 50 for acute toxicity on inhalation of vapors and with an LC 50 for acute toxicity on inhalation of vapors of not more than 5000 ml/m 3 or

2. Is an irritating material, with properties similar to tear gas, which causes extreme irritation , especially in confined spaces."

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#611671 - 04/18/02 06:00 AM (22 years, 3 days ago)

according to the above, i fail to classify psilocybin as poison.
or my facts and/or calculations are wrong.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #612619 - 04/19/02 03:43 AM (22 years, 3 days ago)

Most neuroactive substrances are also neuro toxic.
Maybe those shrooms were contaminated or something - ive never had a negative response close to that... I hope that next time it works out for you...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate