Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Plants all gone! [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6106308 - 09/27/06 08:39 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

um, actually, plain view laws are just that. If you have contraband in plain view then cops wont need a search warrant to bust you. Invasion of privacy would be if someone rifled through your shit or wiretapped your phone to obtain evidence. If he was growing plants outside and someone saw them there is no invasion of privacy.

here's what you should do.

1.) contact a lawyer, ask someone who's actually qualified (instead of people who think they are) and get some advice from them. Lots of times you can find some free consultation, check local university's if you can't find something for free.

2.) shut the fuck up, you didnt know they were there, you didnt grow them, they are not yours.

3.) Dont call the cop back and preach to him about how what he did was wrong. If you are in the US cultivating is ILLEGAL, he was doing his job (as shitty as that was) so mouthing off to him and acting arrogant will get you nowhere fast

4.) Don't go back to your grow site, distance yourself from it, you dont want to be associated with it.

Good luck to you man, im really sorry you got pinched for such a bullshit crime. We all know that smoking/cultivating cannabis is about as dangerous as a glass of milk. If you get a good lawyer and this is your first offense you should be able to get off nicely, but make sure to get some sound legal advice before you do anything else. Being prepared is your best defense against the pigs.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: Plants all gone! [Re: Kerr]
    #6106349 - 09/27/06 08:52 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry to hear that, I,ll be wishing the best luck for you :smile:

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: Plants all gone! [Re: CptnGarden]
    #6106550 - 09/27/06 09:46 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, dude... (ShroomieOfDoomie)

Personally, I've had my plants jacked before... I know how it feels.

Best thing to do is take everything from previous grows, including this one, into account; and begin planning out your next garden. At least we've learned how lame your neighbors are, and now you may have to take stealthier approaches to growing.

All thinking about my jacked plants did was piss me off, I shit many bricks...

So whatever, it's nice to have an out-of-place post amongst a sea of compassion.

That's all.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6106682 - 09/27/06 10:25 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

" I felt that they had no feeling at all, just mindless being, no remorse for the simple pleasure of growing an organism on this earth."

I understand, and I get tons of deep joy, that heals my Pyche, when I garden.
Anything I call usefull plants, herbs(medicine, spice) , drugs etc.

I DONT GROW CANNABIS RIGHT NOW.
But I have, and I know what its like to be ripped off, not by cops though.

Get a lawyer, and before get one, see if you can get free legal advice.

It is so sick that we cant have our harmless little hobbies, we cant choose which substances we consume, or grow in our home, I know its been said before(I assume)

But if you think about.....
Really think about it, there is something so horribly wrong when you arent allowed to grow a soft drug like cannabis, or even a "harder" drug, like the opium poppy, in your OWN backyard!!!!!

Its sick.

I hope everything works out as best it can, good luck.
Call a lawyer, now.

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/27/06 11:02 PM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6106696 - 09/27/06 10:31 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
Quote:

Herbus said:
Quit being a [adjective connoting feminine-natured passive male], you gotta protect yo' crop and blast on any trick-ass bithces comin' up to snatch yo shit, son.

i hope thats sarcasm, and either way it wasnt funny nor good advice.

if u walked to your crop and found only holes in the ground and a letter from the cops, i think you would shit a brick.

Ya, no shit, you would cry like a fucking baby, or shake like a little scared kitten.

dont act like this poor bastards situation is all fucking fun and games, there is a time to make a joke, and a time to STFU.

Have you ever, had the cops, IN your home.
(while you were there, or not)
Its not a plesant feeling.  :sad:

--------------------

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: Plants all gone! [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6106824 - 09/27/06 11:00 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

You buy the ticket, you take the ride.

MJ cultivation is illegal period and we all know this. Not only that, everyone's neighbor, parents, friends and local cops knows what MJ looks, smells, and tastes like.

If you take the risk, be prepared for the consequences. By growing MJ, you are participating in a criminal act, and thus you are a criminal.

I have read works of successful criminals, that make a living by participating in money making criminal avenues. The knowledge is all consistent.
1. Know the extent of the consequences of your actions. Prepare for them as if the will happen. i.e. already have your lawyer hookups and funds for a retaining fee available.
2. Know your rights. Though you are participating in a criminal act, you are innocent until proven guilty, even if you are treated guilty from the beginning.
3. Always always always have funds and resources set aside in the event you require Bail, legal advice, or have your bank account frozen.
4. Have confidants in your game and outside your game. i.e. Someone that can vouch that you were with them at church prayer meeting for a $100 bill, and someone that will move your stash when you call them from jail.
5. Have contacts within the system. There is no greater friend nor enemy than a crooked cop. I once knew a hustler that got out of some pretty nasty charges on more than one occasion because he was the supplier for someone that was friends with a cop that worked the evidence locker at the local pd. We all have our dirty little secrets and there is no doubt that those that hold offices in our government have intolerable feelings towards some laws that crimp their style.
6. To beat the system, you have to know the system. This includes the systems oversights, shortcomings, vulnerabilities and the contrasting strenghts. Though every local government has standars that should be followed. This is not always the case. In your town, the guy that owns the feed store may also be the coroner and the sheriff. He may not want to take the time to bust a local pot grower for 5 plants because it may cut into the supply that he buys his bud from. Or maybe he just doesn't want to waste his time. Or maybe, the local sherriff in your town has a vengant eye on the pot scene because his wife was killed in a car accident where some stoner was driving while high..... Know your enemy.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Plants all gone! [Re: Fraggin]
    #6107104 - 09/27/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for all the sound advice everyone. I just got off the phone with a local lawyer referred to me by the BC Bar assosiation. She gave me the low down on what is going to happen. I have to wait and see if the police are going to charge me with anything. I also need to know what my roommate said to them yesterday, Im hoping that she didnt give them my name. I also need to know if they entered the house at all.
Im kind of worried now, on the phone the lawyer said that if they do choose to press charges, they will come up here, arrest me and things will get moving. Then I will need to dump some cash into a lawyer and related fees. Im really not looking forward to this. Anyway I have to go to work, I'll keep you all updated.

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

#6107168 - 09/27/06 12:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

if the cops raided your house and stole your plants, you would know the cops raided your house. when they raid houses, they usually arrest the person in the process and hold them. your plants didnt get raided by the cops. it was someone else. then again, i havent been reading the whole thing, just skimming through. i did read the first post though, and ive watched enough cops to know you'd know if your house got raided.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Offlineunseenat17
Midnight Toker
Male

Re: Plants all gone! [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #6107230 - 09/27/06 01:15 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

What if your all looking at this wrong. What if your roomy tipped off some friends, they all jacked up your plants, and left a note from the "cops" knowing full well you prob wouldnt call em, and if you did, they prob think it would be funny for you to call em and confess when they never knew anything. Now, there all waiting to sell and smoke yur stash. Jus another way to think about it. But im pretty fucking high right now...

--------------------

-=Be a part of the movement=-
http://www.norml.org/
-=Support the free spore rings=-
Canada www.fsrcanada.com
Europe http://www.fsre.nl/

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Re: Plants all gone! [Re: unseenat17]
    #6107305 - 09/27/06 01:31 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Haha, well I know that they didnt "raid" my house. But I dont doubt that they werent there, the constable left me his card. I dont think that my roomys would hatch such a plan against me.

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Plants all gone! [Re: unseenat17]
    #6107323 - 09/27/06 01:36 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

definately not what happend.

When cops in canada got you, and you aren't home, they usually just leave a card. If you dont answer, they might make a phone call. If you STILL avoid them, they come get you at work while they raid your house (with a warrant).

(the following is an assertation of the site after bing raided)
as far as tips go, it's only fair to note that the plants were at the top of a bare mountain, in the open, in a small garden, fenced in, with a big neon blue water barrell, contrasted against nothing but sand, with a clear path back to the grower. I live about a mile away and i could spot it with binoculars from my roof. I see no reason to beleive they couldnt have just spotted it with a helicoptor (which they have been doing for the past few weeks) and called THAT a tip.
that said, dozens probably knew about it.
It was alot more risky that I would do myself.

They were in the open and clearly cultivated in such a way that denying knowlage, reeeealy isn't an option.

cooperation and crossing of fingers is the only way now.

when the cops leave you a card, it's because they are confidant you have no option but to cooperate.

getting the lawyer was a good idea.

that said, i think you're looking at a fine and perhaps some community service. I can't immagine they would roast you for a couple little plants.

Let me know if you need help with anything in the meantime.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Re: Plants all gone! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #6107551 - 09/27/06 02:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I realize that it wasnt very stealth at all :shrug:, well what can I do now, I already feel like and ass and an idiot. It was more than likely the helicopters flying overhead, they made a couple close passes a few weeks back.
Oh well, its no biggie, shit happens, I'll live to grow many more plants and maybe someday overgrow the government in the process.

Im thinking that its going to be alot of fun when next year the garden is just full of veggies and herbs. Id love for them to come up and be totally wrong about it. I guess I'll need to find a new sport for my guerilla grow next year.

--------------------

Edited by Kerr (09/27/06 02:36 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#6107563 - 09/27/06 02:37 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you shouldn't feel like an ass.
youre a good guy. an ass is far from what you are.
MAYBE it was a little close to the requirements of idiocy tho :smile:  It's gonna be fine.
The world is an ass.  We just try to stick seeds in it.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

#6107572 - 09/27/06 02:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
The world is an ass.  We just try to stick seeds in it.

:thumbup: Yeah it was kinda of dumb, but I hate having to hide my passions, hide the things that make me, well..me. I really feel that I now need to do something in order to make sure that this doesnt happen to others. I know that sounds a bit naive, but I feel because of this I must do something more.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#6107588 - 09/27/06 02:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you will, you will grow shitloads of legal highs in your own greenhouse and sell seeds, preparations, extracts, whatever, at premium prices to headshopps. Youll probably still get away with some sneaky stuff too, just next time, let me pick the sites. I found some doozies

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #6107597 - 09/27/06 02:45 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I found some doozies

:smile2:

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

#6107606 - 09/27/06 02:47 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, the greenhouse should be here anytime this week, Im very excited about it. Still need to find a good place for it though.

This was the first year that I stuck most of my eggs in one basket and out in the open at that. I was tired of lugging water to many different sites. I guess my laziness got the best of me, oh well, live and learn.

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #6107633 - 09/27/06 02:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

man just be glad your in canada, if it was the US they would have found them all and arrested you at work, and you probably wouldnt see light of day for 3+ years.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

#6107652 - 09/27/06 02:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yes I am grateful for that, althjough while doping some reading today, I found a site that says a first conviction could land you $1000 fine or up to 6 months in jail :confused:

I had an old boss who had the rcmp come to his place when he was not around. The other worker and I rolled up in the truck to find the front gate wide open, his dog running around and bags full of plants. Funny thing is they missed 3 nice plants that werent in the same garden. My boss ended up with the fine, not to sure how much it was though.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#6107698 - 09/27/06 03:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i think the 6 months is what they use to deter people who are dangerous assholes, like bikers and people with past run ins, or people suspected of other crimes, legally, this allows you to punish them for something they cant prove because they deserve it.
you are clearly a mild mannered hippy type.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck