Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Cool Japenese "Invisibility Cloak " nano technology
    #6103796 - 09/26/06 03:12 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This link is a clip of the Japanese invisibility technology. Cool Stuff! It'll blow your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWQ8ovPhigg

The following was taken from a separate site I dug up (link at the bottom)

INVISIBILITY. Nanotechnology makes possible the Invisible Man. Imagine a skin-tight suit coated with a layer of digital fisheye optical transceivers. Photons detected on one side of the suit are measured for frequency and incidence geometry. This data is relayed to appropriate transceivers on the opposite side of the suit, where photons of like frequency are emitted in such a direction that their line of flight appears uninterrupted.

We have no idea how to engineer this system today, but we do know that nanocomputers can handle the required dataflow. Here's the worst-case analysis. Human eye resolution is 1 arcmin. At closest focus (10 cm), that's 30 microns or 1 billion pixels per square meter. Assign one fisheye transceiver, and one 1-micron nanocomputer, per pixel. Each of the 1 billion fisheyes must present one viewplane per square arcmin, a total of 100 million viewplanes. Using 20-bit words to code 1 million distinct color values and scanning at 100 frames/second, we process 2 x 1020 bits/sec per square meter of suit surface. This computational load is easily handled by 2 milligrams of nanorobots consuming 1 kW of power, backed by a densely webbed optical fiber databus.

We can use the same technology to camouflage or "cloak" ground vehicles, buildings, airplanes and spacecraft.

That's from this link below. Check it out as it includes all sorts of stuff they are working on with nano technology. Neat about the nano robots! Unbeleivable what's just around the corner.

http://www.rfreitas.com/Nano/TheFutureOfComputers--Analog--March1996.htm

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Cool Japenese "Invisibility Cloak " nano technology [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #6103849 - 09/26/06 03:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

thats just photo tricks, although there is a company that has built an invisibility cloak that was shown at the NExt Fest in chicago

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Cool Japenese "Invisibility Cloak " nano technology [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6103882 - 09/26/06 03:30 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Did it work/look the same? That other link I posted said that we do have the technology for it. Thats what is mostly cool to me, even if that video is tricks, (the skeleton one didn't look right) to have an idea of how the cloaking would work and look.

I'm going to run a google search and see if I can find anything on the tech shown at the NExt Fest. Thanks Zip, this stuff is neat to me.

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#6103919 - 09/26/06 03:36 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

basically its small tv pannels with miniature cameras mounted in a clpthing style, i never saw the actual thing, but my dad was telling me all about it :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#6103945 - 09/26/06 03:41 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Turns out that the jacket in the Youtube video is what was shown at NExt fest. It's not camera tricks. The jacket isn't perfect invisibility either. Still neat how it seems see through though.

http://www.quentecafe.com/index.asp?id=181#blogPos181

http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/1860

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6103949 - 09/26/06 03:42 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i believe the US Airforce is currently working on an aircraft with a similar feature.

not like the stealth bombers.. but actual invisible skin.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #6103979 - 09/26/06 03:51 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This is why I love the Japanese. If it's true, then this is even better than the robot snake that swims! :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Cool Japenese "Invisibility Cloak " nano technology [Re: Papaver]
    #6103991 - 09/26/06 03:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Holy, shit

thats all il got to say

oh also,

How much?

--------------------
PEACE

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#6104035 - 09/26/06 04:06 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

:lol: How bout it. I want to buy one of those jackets just to freak people out with it.:lol:

Pap, did you read the second link article I put in the first post. They are talking about nano robots built into clothing that can make it as strong as steel to the punch, but you won't feel a thing. Boggles the mind how that can be.

They are also talking about sprays with nano robots in them that  doctors of the future will use to permeate the skin and the nano robots will fix internal problems. This is really cool stuff it looks like we will see in our life times.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #6104061 - 09/26/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

A) that video is years old

B) what you are seeing is a special reflective material that is having a pre-recorded image projected onto it from an off-screen projector. If he moved anywhere except the spot where the projector was pointing, it would just be a normal guy in a wierd cloak. No nano technology. No mini tv screens. Just a guy in front of a projector with an image of what's behind him being projected onto his shirt.

not saying the nano tech idea doesnt exist... this just isnt it.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Cool Japenese "Invisibility Cloak " nano technology [Re: Banez]
    #6104067 - 09/26/06 04:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
yeah i believe the US Airforce is currently working on an aircraft with a similar feature.

not like the stealth bombers.. but actual invisible skin.

assuming that this is possible technology, and that the Airforce is currently developing it, this means that the technology has been perfected for at least 10 years. edit: well maybe. i don't see much point in hiding stuff anymore the US already has uber superior iron fist of control

Edited by sleepy (09/26/06 04:22 PM)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#6104092 - 09/26/06 04:30 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, as William Gibson says, the coming nano-revolution will basically put an end the age-old paradigm of economy -- how we've valued things and conducted business over the past thousands of years -- with even half-assed nono-tech, you'll be able to make gold bars out of McDonald's burgers, and make McDonald's burgers out of garbage.

Combing nano-technology with genomics and proteomics, will ultimately result in us being truly protean beings; we will no longer be human, but will have evolved into something post-human. This will probably occur in less than 200 years, if we survive and continue to accelerate the evolution of technology at our current escalating rates...

The ultimate problem, will have to do with how quickly we can assimilate this technology and learn to control it and live with it. Things could get really dangerous really fast in the next 60 years. It's impossible to know how all this will ultimate effect us as a species...

It is both fascinating and terrifying at the same time, and there's no way to consciously stop it. As human beings, we are going to push technology forward as long as we are able...

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Cool Japenese "Invisibility Cloak " nano technology [Re: Turd]
    #6104157 - 09/26/06 04:49 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Where is your proof related to that jacket not creating the illusion we are seeing on its own?

Links please? (about the jacket shown at Next Fest)

Science web sites I am finding are saying that we do have the technology to do that already and that it is simple based on current technology.

I have been searching to debunk it and haven't found anything.

Here is another, science nerd site saying its the real deal and that its simple technology.

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/14/2252247

Here's another-

Quote:

Optical camouflage

Invisible man? Well, not really. The University of Tokyo's invisibility cloak uses optical camouflage to make the wearer blend into the background like a digital-age chameleon. Shown in May at the NextFest future tech gathering in San Francisco, the cloak is fitted with tiny light-reflective beads. Cameras on the front transmit the image to the back through the beads, making the wearer appear transparent. The military has shown some interest, but we can think of some applications around the house when trying to get out of doing the chores.

More information: www.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp

Taken from-

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/08/13/1092340452457.html

I am providing many links saying the jacket really creates the illusion.

Do you have one saying they prerecorded the scene, and then aimed a projector at the front of the person wearing the jacket to reflect images of the same scene being precisely re-inacted in real time?

Otherwise, all the searching I am doing says, it really does create the illusion you see in the video, and I want to know when they go on sale too. Looks like fun.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#6104170 - 09/26/06 04:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

thats fucking cool

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

#6104191 - 09/26/06 05:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

edit: just what is the purpose of this technology?

Edited by sleepy (09/26/06 05:14 PM)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#6104258 - 09/26/06 05:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It's definitely pretty neato!

True story... my dad has a crackhead friend, actually a methhead who claims to have invented similar technology. He said the military was interested in it, Toshiba and another company..... well, I thought he was just a boner that stayed up too many nights high on meth and cooking up fantastic schemes that would never get off the ground, but someone bought it. :eek:

I don't know how far along his research has accomplished, but I wish I knew his name so I could at least Google him and try checkin it out (I don't speak with my dad much anymore). He got a few mil, a contract and I don't know....... he bought some new cars, his wife seems to be doing good last time I saw her, and I've heard a few people verify this. Pretty nutty shit. He showed me things on his computer I didn't understand at the time (graphs, studies, pictures of things that didn't make sense), but that shit's pretty cool. :laugh:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Cool Japenese "Invisibility Cloak " nano technology [Re: sleepy]
    #6104260 - 09/26/06 05:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

1) Military : Camouflage would be the immediate purpose when you think about it.

2) Aesthetics : Interior design could also come into play as a use, when you could make walls of such material and give an interior or exterior the appearance of anything you like and then change it periodically.

3) Keeping Busy : Why did Mallory climb Mt. Everest? "Because it's there."

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#6104317 - 09/26/06 05:37 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pap said:

It is both fascinating and terrifying at the same time, and there's no way to consciously stop it. As human beings, we are going to push technology forward as long as we are able...

YES! :lol: Well said!

Sleepy, I can understand your concerns, we probably all can, yet, like Pap says, you can't stop the growth and evolution of creative intelligence, human imagination/curiousity, its drive to explore new terrains, and too create and inovate from all of that.

If you were mostly against it, would you own a computer and be using the internet right now?  :wink:

Like we need technology in order for humans to be dangerous to each other with.

We only need rocks, fire, sticks and our bare hands for that.  :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

#6104400 - 09/26/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

you can't stop the growth and evolution of creative intelligence, human imagination/curiousity, its drive to explore new terrains, and too create and inovate from all of that.

i can't. we can.

the army explores war
the government explores control
the wise explore themselves

you reap what you sow

the army gets war
the government gets "control" haha
the wise get themselves which is the secret goal

OfflineTripDoctor
Stranger
Re: Cool Japenese "Invisibility Cloak " nano technology [Re: sleepy]
    #6104471 - 09/26/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

That's some pretty neat shit.

Technology can be pretty scary though. It's not really the technology itself that scares so much as who has it and who has the power to regulate it. Now I truly am thankful for the U.S. Government, but I don't like them having control over all the important technology. I personally think things should be in reverse, instead of the government having all the fancy surveillance gadgets, the citizens should have them instead. That way if the government fucked up, they would pay direct consequences from the people who trusted them to rule us justly and wisely.

Like V said in V For Vendetta, "People should not fear their government, it is the government that should fear the people."

--------------------
23 skidoo!!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom