Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
The cubensis are up in Georgia (PICS!)
    #608438 - 04/14/02 08:46 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well, let me first start off by saying I bought a new camera today and it kicks ass. I had an accident a broke my old digital, they wanted $600 to fix it, so I said fuck it and splurged and spent $800 on a new sony cybershot DSC-s85. Its a badass camera to my standards, 4.1 mega pixel beats the shit out of 2.1 :smile:  I haven't figured it all out yet, quality will get better with time. Anyways, I'm excited and figured I'd share my new toy :smile:

Now lets talk mushrooms! :smile: For those who don't remember, last year I found 3 nice big cubies clustered together on wood shavings and horse dung. I found a horse stable close to home and asked them where they dump their stable trash(a mix of mostly wood shavings for bedding and some horse dung) they told me where and said I could take all I wanted. When I arrived I was in search of Pan subbs, as soon as I stepped out of the car to my suprise was 3 giant clustered cubes! There was no horse dung underneath that was visible, the mycelium is clearly vigorously colonizing the wood shavings, its incredible. Its like a piece of burried horse dung some where in the wood shaving piles is enough to spawn mounds of wood shavings, and the cubes eat it up! They are extra fat, plump, potent, blue, trippy, and just nice!

This weekend  on saturday I head  back to the stable dumps on my way to a cubie field a few hours away. I didn't expect to find anything but to my suprise in the same exact spot down to the inches were cubies growing from wood shavings again. This time they were clustered up in groups of 5-8, big fat stems bluing in seconds, very different looking from cow dung cubies with different fruiting characteristics, I've never seen cubies clustered uo like they were giant stuntziis. I didn't buy my new camera yet so unfortuneately I didn't get habitat pics, but I left a bunch there to mature since alot of them were still pinner rockets. I'll get pics tommarow on lucnh break, this place is very close to work :smile:

Anyways, here are pics of the wonderful true wood loving cubensis :smile:

BTW: After picking these I did head to the cow fields and pick a shit load of cubies, got lots of pics of those to, just need to resize them tonight and will post another thread tommarow. I just wanted to share this unique cubensis find.

LK,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: The cubensis are up in Georgia (PICS!) [Re: Lizard King]
    #608442 - 04/14/02 08:50 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

LK,

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #608456 - 04/14/02 09:12 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Wow man, you find all the right places to look. We went looking for 4 hours on saturday, and the only mushrooms of value that we found were 3 pan subs... in my back yard. We went to a horse pasture, and there were tons of fucking mushrooms, I mean TONS... they looked like gigantic pan subbs with very thick stems, and light colored gills. They dont look very agaricus to me, maybe strotophoria(sp?), but their caps were EXACTLY like pan subs, just lighter... it was weird.

Anywho.. becareful with those wood lovers... they kicked my ass last summer man :P
Remember the 2 smaller ones from the cluster of those 3? Those were the ones that I... uh... Bioassayed and they were insane. Maybe you should get some prints from those guys and try cultivating them.. If not, I know some one who may be willing to try.

Have fun this summer man, maybe we can meet up sometime and try to find some feilds up near the lake...

Peace out,
-Gumby

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: The cubensis are up in Georgia (PICS!) [Re: Gumby]
    #608466 - 04/14/02 09:27 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I know the exact mushrooms your talking about. I found abunch of them in my subb field and right beside the very cubies pictured in this post. They look fucking identical to subbs except the gill color is lighter(brown spored I think) and the stem isn't very red, the are kinda bulbous(fat) at the base too. They have the twisted grooves along the stipe and everything, bu they aren't subbs. The size is off too, way too big to be subbs. They fooled me for a second, but I wasn't fooled for very long. Thats the first I've ever seen of those mushrooms, they're weird, frighteningly similar to subbs. I;d like to figure out what they are. I'll take some pics and post them tommarow.

I'd love to meet up and gp hunting this year. If your up to it we'll go to waynesboror and pic, if not this new woodshavings place is close, safe"(I have permission) and a sight to see, I';d love to take you there, its just out I-20 east, not far at all, about 20 mins from my house, probably 45 mins from your place. Let me know when you have the time and ambition, I'll take you whenever :smile:

LK,

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #608476 - 04/14/02 09:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yep, those would be the mushrooms I'm talking about... we found about hmm.. several thousand of them in one field, it was weird. It was cool just because of their sheer numbers. Do you think that they are some type of Strotophoria(sp)?

I'm up for hunting, I'll prolly be late May/June before I get a chance, but I'll PM ya :smile:

Peace out,
-Gumby

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery
Re: The cubensis are up in Georgia (PICS!) [Re: Gumby]
    #608826 - 04/15/02 07:03 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Nice find man. I'd say you should try to domesticate the "georgia woodlovin' cube", even though the wood really wouldn't be required for it to grow, lol...

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: The cubensis are up in Georgia (PICS!) [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #608985 - 04/15/02 11:34 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Wow Lizard that is VERY nice. Damn seeing your pictures makes me want to head way east and gather some cubensis. I have read that the B+ strain does well on a wood substaint. You should do some experiments with that wood. Any idea what kinda wood chippings they are? Perhaps a mixed substraint of manure and woodchips work well or perhaps just casing manure with woodchips would work best as it sounds like that is the conditions you observed. Again great work and beautiful photos.

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflinePig_In_Zen
    #609149 - 04/15/02 02:44 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I can only wait for the day that I discover a fungi nearby that is so healty looking.

***Bows down to the Lizard***
"We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

Keep up the splendid finds LK.

Peace.
PigInZen

--------------------
My brain is the burger, and my heart the charcoal.

Offlinep00
Stranger
    #610143 - 04/16/02 03:50 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

WOW, i live in georgia and let me just say that this is wonderful... I found a giant cubensis along with two medium ones on horse dung myself. Enough for 2 goood trips. I'm thinking of going there and stealing some shit and planting it in my woods... :wink: And maybe keeping it moist with a hose. I don't know if I could grow mushrooms like this... What are others opinions on this?

--------------------
"do shrooms grow on old shit or only fresh?"

Edited by p00 (04/16/02 03:52 PM)

OfflineSkankfeet
journeyman
Re: The cubensis are up in Georgia (PICS!) [Re: p00]
    #610309 - 04/14/02 03:48 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Tried the same thing back in 1970 or so grabbed the patties and put in parents backyard. nothing happened before I had to leave the next month for a free vacation, but they still fruit occasionally back there and I pick em, they don't get as big as they did in the pasture but still as potent.
I have no idea when they started bacause I was gone almost 2 yrs but they just popped up the next summer I was home and have been there ever since

--------------------
I'm never SURE of anything

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
Re: The cubensis are up in Georgia (PICS!) [Re: Skankfeet]
    #610398 - 04/14/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Ohh my god, you leave me astonished, those are such precious mushrooms indeed... me droolS

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: The cubensis are up in Georgia (PICS!) [Re: AIRDOG]
    #612009 - 04/18/02 02:35 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, you can transplant old dung patties to your yard and they will fruit the same. I've seen one guy who had a spare bedroom with shoe boxes of cow turds and a humidifier running, it worked like a charm, though I would personally keep this an outdoor activity.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract