Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: your mind
    #609426 - 04/15/02 10:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

was music always there, manipulating US to free itself? anything you attain already was there, right? what if music worked like wind which noone can see, all you see is the effects of the wind. music to me is the greatest gift i could ever have had passed down, and its everywhere, every sound, every noise, even when i dream i dream in notes and chords sometimes, its the best thing. i hate it when i see mtv, and hear the radio, i had gimic bands, but its not the musics fault its being adultrated. so their isnt really such a thing as bad music, just bad music makers. music started as a ways of communication, like birds and whales and things. so, what is music then...a living thing, or something, i dunno, what do you think?

through our senses the world appears. through our reactions we create delusions. without reactions the world becomes clear.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: music [Re: bedetached]
    #609444 - 04/15/02 10:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

k... i just deleted my post before i posted it, but i still want to reply to this thread.

there is definately something more to music, i know that much.

Edited by Anonymous (04/15/02 10:51 PM)

Loc: new england
    #609449 - 04/15/02 10:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

that's why we have music theory.....people trying to break it down and understand it. ALthough theory doesn't really help you know what it is, it just kinds helps you see why....

Growing anything is good for the soul

#609517 - 04/16/02 12:47 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Music is the path of the spirit...

#609538 - 04/16/02 01:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

music seems to work on deeper levels for some people than for others. For myself when i listen to happy music i become happy, and vice vers, it's never just listening to music for me, it is a state of being. i really like the twin's style, as well as all kinds of rave, and some classical for tripping, i think that most of the shit i see on much is just that, shit, but there is some good stuff like Linken Park, Puddle of Mud, sloan etc. oh ya and that heaven only knows song. if i am listening to a really happy song i tend to connect with god real easy, it seems to somehow stimulate my energy centres indirectly, i can play with the energies and make them even stronger through all sorts of imagery and energy stimulation techniques i formulated myself, man its the best feeling in the world

insanity with a plan, a plan to stop exercising truth as compared to breathing thin air, but to experience truth as all there is to experience, for what do i not already have that exsists? All i can do is enjoy the ride.

Loc: Alabama, Land of Cubensis
    #609541 - 04/16/02 01:07 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

A universal language, transcending any emotion concievable.

Any thought, feeling, or idea can be expressed through music. The rhythm of life was always there, we just added personal vibrations, to express what we experience.

Music saves live.

Free Yourself From Yourself

Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
    #611416 - 04/18/02 01:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i think music is one of the most powerful ways of manifesting infinity within space. i love all music.. but when i listen to certain styles, like certain jazz musicians, indian drumming, things like that... the wonder it instills is just inexplicable. connecting one moment to the next... some religious traditions claim that enlightenment can be achieved just by speaking the name of their enlightened masters. sound.. next to love, most natural high there is... reloading emotions in time..

Loc: Being
Re: music [Re: Amoeba665]
    #611510 - 04/18/02 03:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Great book about drumming/meaning of music/mickey harts life experience.... Check it out, made me buy a drum, I couldn't stop reading, hard to put down, one of those books you feel as you read...

Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology