Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedownfall7
Stranger
OUTSIDE!!!
    #600528 - 04/06/02 11:57 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, Can somebody tell me an easy way to grow cubes outside (gulf coast strain) I live in MI. Can somebody please provide information on how to grow outside, the easy way :smile:
Thanx!
J

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: OUTSIDE!!! [Re: downfall7]
    #600653 - 04/06/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Cubes, as opposed to above post, are very easy to grow outside. Michigan should pose few problems to your mushrooms, during the latter part of spring, summer and early fall. I grow them in Colorado outside and only have problems during late june/july when we get no rain......

Heres what you can do.........
dig out a section of grass or dirt under a tree or in a spot that receives very little to no direct sunlight. This area should either be watered by automatic sprinklers or be easy to get to when watering it by hand.
IF you have enough rain you won't need to worry about this part. Next fill this hole that you just dug out with a good commercial dung based compost and level it off.
Next spawn the patch like you would spawn dung indoors, just crumble up your spawn, and mix it with the compost. Then water the patch liberally until it is all moist. Now throw a layer of more compost, or grass clippings over top and your bed is set.
Keep it moist and after the bed colonizes to a reasonable degree you will see fruits. There will not be any real "flushes" with the bed, they will pop up almost continuously until the bed is done. ***Note***this method does not produce overly fantastical yeilds.....on average from 2 pints of spawn mixed with 1/2 to a whole bag of compost produces about an 1 1/2 oz dry over its life span (my beds only last a few months before the summer droughts scorch them out but more humid climates may fair better)

To have better initial yeilds try using a high spawn rate and/or colonizing the compost indoors before planting it outdoors. This way it will not fruit until it is fully colonized and fully utilizing nutrients, as opposed to the above method that begins fruiting sometimes at only 50% colonization.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: OUTSIDE!!! [Re: downfall7]
    #600685 - 04/06/02 04:11 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I am setting up a bed of Psilocybe cyanescens in my garden in Toronto which is a wood eater. The similar azurescens has been established all around me in Virginia, Michigan and Wisconsin. I also ordered Tapalpa and decided to set it up outdoors as well as indoors. I only expect to treat it as an anual not a perenial bed. Each spring I am going to make a row of composted cattle manurer available at Home Depot and bury cakes in it. Nobody built a greenhouse over a cow pie. I don't see why this will not work but I am only a beginner. I give up control of the whole thing to nature and when conditions are right, I get mushrooms. Of course the squirrels will get some too. With El Nino this year Toronto will get lots of rain and unbearable humidex readings. I don't know how it could be simpler if it works; if it doesn't work, I didn't invest a lot of time and effort.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

OfflineUrbanistiC
Hmm....
Male

Loc: Seattle, Wa.
Re: OUTSIDE!!! [Re: Orchidman]
    #608905 - 04/15/02 09:21 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I am going to grow outdoors this year. I live in the coastal area of virginia. I am sure I will get a nice grow. Has anyone incorporated the water cells before?

--------------------
Keep it ReaL.

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: OUTSIDE!!! [Re: UrbanistiC]
    #609158 - 04/15/02 02:52 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, finally i see a tek for outside!
i posted in mush cult, but noone replied.

How about throwing down a layer of pasturized woodchips, then throwing in some colonized grain.. evenly overtop..
then adding more pasturized sawdust over top as a casing, or should i use a dung based compost perhaps?

the area i'm considering is soooooo moist all the time... i dont think the greenhouse tek will be utilzed.
tons of wild mushrooms (not psycaedlic) grow there as it is.

What about injecting sporewater into a rotting log.. ive seen this mentioned with conventional buttom mushrooms too, and i've seen a spore "plug" too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag