Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Just a Cartoon
    #606371 - 04/12/02 11:57 AM (22 years, 9 days ago)

now at this point i don't really have an official position on the whole palestine/israeli conflict, but i can at least understand where the palistinians are comin' from. i have a suitemate who is lebanese and he has forwarded me e-mails from his palestinian friends who literally watch israeli tanks stopping red cross/palestinian ambulences in the streets to search them while people who are dying need immediate medical attention. i just wish the damn thing would get resolved.. although a conflict such as this which has been perpetuated for so many years doesn't have an easy solution.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
Re: Just a Cartoon [Re: geokills]
    #606387 - 04/12/02 12:08 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

I say the US should stay out of this mess. These people have wanted to kill each other for thousands of years, and now they have a real war coming to work it out. Let them kill each other all they want, because that is what they want. When it is all over, whoever is left standing wins. It's a simple system, let it play itself out.

Anonymous

Re: Just a Cartoon [Re: superpimp]
    #606404 - 04/12/02 12:21 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

Well said, Superpimp.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #606428 - 04/12/02 12:42 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

I agree with super duper pimp. we say HEY you two fight it out whoever wins gets the land....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Just a Cartoon [Re: superpimp]
    #606546 - 04/12/02 02:43 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

truth is that the US should stay out of a LOT of things, but when you ask the whole world to help you "fighting terrorism", can you just say i don't care now?

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Just a Cartoon [Re: raytrace]
    #606742 - 04/12/02 07:17 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

> truth is that the US should stay out of a LOT of things

this is so true, and this is exactly what pisses me off about the u.s. we meddle to much in other's business. i understand we are a world power - possibly the most powerful nation - but we should seriously stay the fuck outta other people's business.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
    #606795 - 04/12/02 08:59 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

I believe that the US should go into situations to help out when we are asked to, which is most of the time. We should also go in when it is to protect our interests and security. None of those things is the case in this situation. The Palistinians and Isralis want to kill each other, no talking, no discussion, no treaties, just kill, kill, kill. In that case, I say we just step back and say "OK motherfuckers, do your worst. Just remember, don't come crying to us for help, and don't start shooting at us, or we will bring down a whole world of hurt on you that you can't even imagine. Get back to us when the war is over, and we'll set up diplomatic relations with the winner. Untill then, fuck off." That's what I'd say to them anyway.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #606940 - 04/13/02 12:34 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

The Palistinian terrorists and terrorists because they want to kill people. Your environment does not force you to do anything. You liberals always try to blame everything on a person's childhood instead of taking responsibility. Typical...

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineAirmid720
Stranger
Just the Truth [Re: superpimp]
    #607002 - 04/13/02 02:17 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Yes, the US should stay out of it. But we are "allies" so we can't just step out. But we could stop suppliying Isreal with tanks and weapons. I see where both isrealits and palistnians are coming from they both have thier reasons but i feel isreal is going a little weapon happy also and we shouldn't let them do what they have been doing. All i know is i don't even know where i stand on this issue. it just needs to all stop

and we all know it won't be that easy.

OfflineBegbie
Stranger
Re: Just a Cartoon [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #607128 - 04/13/02 08:43 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Wow. Rail Gun, that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. Btw, how does one reconcile being "Pro Life" and "Pro Guns" simultaneously? Aren't guns made for killing? Anyway... A little background on the Isreal issue:
The British, facing a massive rebuilding project at home and having little ressources or desire to maintain their empire, washed their hands of Palestine after WWII. It was felt that this area, densely populated with mainly Arab inhabitants, would be the ideal place to establish a Jewish state (Brilliant no?). Fast forward through a few decades of tension and open warfare to the oil crisis. Enter Uncle Sam, who needed a military presence in the area, should oil rich countries like Iran, Iraq, or even Saudi Arabia ever need to be invaded. For large U.S. defense contractors (who also happen to be amongst the largest financial supporters of the Republican party), Isreal was also the ideal country to sell expensive military hardware. So there you have it: another instance of the U.S. butting in to "protect its interests", which throughout history have almost always been financial.

InvisibleMokshaMan
enthusiast
Re: Just a Cartoon [Re: Begbie]
    #607542 - 04/13/02 07:47 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

You're over simplifying what the British did especially by neglecting to mention that the British would not allow Jews to immigrate to Palestine because of Arab protests(and terrorist acts against the British, plus they wanted Arab support in WWII and what better way to stop protests and win support than to stop the immigration of Jews) from 1938 until essentially Israel was created. Previous to the there was a huge influx of Jews back into Palestine, prossibly would have outnumbered Palestinians in 20 years if the rate of migration had been sustained.

You're also forgetting that we have a number of joint defense projects with Israel that are still continueing. As well as the fact that some of these "smart" weapons that we've been so happy to use in Afghanistan were jointly developed with Israel(and I think some of the components were even manufactured by Israel).

--------------------
Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
-- George Owell

OfflineBegbie
Stranger
Re: Just a Cartoon [Re: MokshaMan]
    #607929 - 04/14/02 08:28 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Time and space restrictions forced me to be concise in my last reply. Oversimplification? Possibly, but by that logic, I would say that your previous post is oversimplified for failing to mention the fact that almost every western democracy (including the U.S.) refused Jewish immigrants who were fleeing the holocaust. Whose to blame now? In any event, the tragedy here is that because both sides believe that being the first to "flinch" will cost them at the bargaining table, the violence continues. However, given the prevalence of "Victor's Justice" throughout Western civilization, is anyone surprised?
As for the second part of your reply, I'm not quite sure what the point you're trying to make is. Whether the defense contractors in question are strictly U.S. based/owned or whether they are transnationals, they are still profiting handsomely from the conflict.

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
    #607968 - 04/14/02 10:06 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

InvisibleMokshaMan
enthusiast
Re: Just a Cartoon [Re: Begbie]
    #608587 - 04/15/02 12:18 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

None of the Western states knew exactly what was happening(although they should have assumed based on information I've seen), all they knew for certain was that the Jews were being put into camps. Exactly the same thing that was happening in the US with Japanese. Now if we assumed that all they were doing with the Jews was putting them in camps and not the mass slaughter that was actually taking place, why should we accept them if we think that after the war they will be move or relocated somewhere else?

As for my second part, I was in some ways supporting and agreeing with your argument that the US is butting in to protect it's interest(especially its financial interest).

--------------------
Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
-- George Owell

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom