Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinethinkinpoetdude
Stranger
Search for the truth!
    #608343 - 04/14/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have only found one real goal in life, to find answers to the really hard questions, i have no other reason to be here really, anyone else out there hear a voice calling them, like there is something important you were hear to do, but cant remember, I dont think it has much to do with this planet either, its like some other force has melded with us, and we are along for the ride, I dont know about you all but I'm going to find out whats going on, if I have to leave this body forever to find it, I will. Who's with me?

Edited by thinkinpoetdude (04/15/02 12:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Search for the truth! [Re: thinkinpoetdude]
    #608435 - 04/14/02 08:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I think the purpose of life is to avoid run-on sentences.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #608449 - 04/14/02 08:58 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

Re: Search for the truth! [Re: Swami]
    #608500 - 04/14/02 10:17 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I use to try to avoid run on sentences but I found that it gets really hard to follow my thoughts all the way through if I have to stop and think about what I'm typing, so instead a lot of times I'll just keep typing and not worry about it so that I know for sure I got my point across...

Anonymous

Re: Search for the truth! [Re: World Spirit]
    #608504 - 04/14/02 10:22 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I checked out "the word" from kindergarden to the end of high school and beyond. The bible is full of contradictions, half-truths and mythology of primitive, illiterate people. Don't get me wrong, it has some very good precepts contained in it for dealing with your fellow man, as well as good stories that teach certain morals. But the mythology of creation it portrays and the simplistic answers it provides to the complexity of the universe do not stand up to rational scrutiny or the history of human experience since it was written. The only way to believe it is to not question it or subject it to the bright light of critical thinking.

No book, no religion, no philosophy has a monopoly on the truth. Why should we abandon our most precious and unique human faculty, the ability to reason, when we want answers to life's problems or life's mysteries?

Anonymous

#608508 - 04/14/02 10:27 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I've had that feeling a few times. It wasn't so much that I had a goal, but more like there was something bigger that nobody seemed to be figuring out. I would get completely consumed in this quest trying to find this thing that I didn't even know what it was, and it seemed so simple and I always felt like I was at the verge of figuring it out. My mad quest took me through a lot of things, i think it still is but just on a more subtle level, but I never figured it out even though I felt like I was so close to it.

This always seems to happen in cycles. I get on something and I start chasing it hardcore. Then I burn myself out and take a few weeks off, remember where I am and what I'm doing... take some time to relax and ground myself again. Give it a few months, I'm sure it will suck me back in.

I think I'm rambling now, I'll stop.

Anonymous

Re: Search for the truth! [Re: Anonymous]
    #608530 - 04/14/02 10:57 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

It's almost like one part of you knows exactly what it is your looking for, but refuses to tell the other part what it is except that, it must keep searching. Sometimes i think about what is important in my life and my "quest" seems so natural. Just the other day i was walking down the street and i wondered if all my thinking has gotten me anywhere. I can't actually come up with anything, but for some reason I don't feel like it is in vain, and eventually, someday i will have gotten there.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Search for the truth! [Re: ]
    #608540 - 04/14/02 11:07 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #608548 - 04/14/02 11:14 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yes! I too often wonder if its all in vain, if I should just give up this silly quest and slide into my societal niche. But then events conspire to reaffirm my intuition that returning to "normalcy" is pointless. If something inside us drives us toward something, we should follow it.

To thinkinpoetdude (or whoever else desires truth):
I recommend smoking DMT. For me it tied up a lot of loose ended thoughts I was having and brought into focus the true nature of things quite a bit.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#608683 - 04/15/02 02:32 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

No book, no religion, no philosophy has a monopoly on the truth.
Apparently you have not read "Yurtle the Turtle" by Dr. Seuss.

Why should we abandon our most precious and unique human faculty, the ability to reason, when we want answers to life's problems or life's mysteries?
Because then we would have to stop killing each other in the name of God / Love.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#608686 - 04/15/02 02:38 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

but atleast check out The Word...
Grease is the Word
That you heard
It's got groove
Its got meaning.

You might find more than meets the eye.
Why are Christians among the most viscious killers in the history of mankind?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#608694 - 04/15/02 02:49 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

The world's greatest nations (and not-so-great nations) are FOUNDED on a belief in God or a lack of belief in God, one way or another.
That is plain ridiculous. No nation is FOUNDED on a negative belief.

Anyone can see that religion plays a CORE part of the human experience, ...
That is a very poor way to start a sentence in a debate. If ANYONE could see that, your statement would be unnecessary. That is basically insulting ANYONE who does not see things your way.

As I have stated many times, religious people are no more moral than agnostics or atheists. (see quote 2. below) This is NOT my opinion, but has been born out by many studies and real-world examples.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Search for the truth! [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #608697 - 04/15/02 02:53 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

If something inside us drives us toward something, we should follow it.
Like O.J. or Son-Of-Sam did? Like the priests and little boys?

The power of a "drive" is a poor measure of its validity.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #608716 - 04/15/02 03:15 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #608767 - 04/15/02 04:32 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Believing in god is like saying santa clause exsists...
It just accepting something that is not true. To never have to ask the question why we are alive.

THERE IS NO GOD! WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE LEARN!

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#608770 - 04/15/02 04:41 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Swami, my friend, if you want to fist fight about this, I'm down.
Is this your Christian demonstration about loving thine enemies?

First, let's address your viscious statement about Christians as a whole being viscious. This is just plain bullshit, and you should have acknowledged that with some type of elaboration.
Your opening remark speaks of the violent attitude of alleged Christians. Try reading about the Crusades, The Inquisition, the suppression of science through violence, the massacre of the American Indians, the fighting in Ireland between Christian factions, the obliterations of the Aztec people, the War on Drugs, the destruction of the Hawaiian and polynesian cultures by Christain missionaries, the turning away of Jewish refugees by the Vatican and Christian nations during WWII. I could list them all day long. Is it my job to educate you? Please read some history. There are more books out there than the Bible.

As I've said countless times in the past, not everyone who claims to be a Christian is in fact a Christian.
And what else do I have to go on, but what people claim? According to your opening remark you most certainly are not a Christian, but think you are.

Another point that must be made here, is about the perfection of a Christian. Since when are Christians or ANY OF US perfect? None of us are perfect.
That statement is the biggest cop-out the Christians have got going. I am far from perfect, but I don't murder people (Christian nations) or molest little boys (Catholic priests) or rip-off the elderly with promises of "Send me your money and God will heal you (Christian televangelists)" or threaten posters on the shroomery with physical violence!

Swami ~ you are VERY judgmental toward religious groups, or atleast Christians. Perhaps you are the one with a religion that is evil(?) Does your belief system include hating Christians, or merely expressing your hatred toward them when you get a chance to speak up?
I hate no one, but people like yourself have been shoving your crap in my face all of my life. It says in the Bible, "By their acts, ye shall know them." All I ever get is words not examples as Christ spoke of.

For the thousandth time: if Christians are imperfect sinners and commit the exact same sins in the exact same frequency as atheists / agnostics, then where is the difference? And please spare me the "We are saved" slogan. How can one truly believe in Christ and live the exact same life-style as a non-Christian?

Are people promoting physical fitness, fat non-smokers? Hell no. So why should people promoting Christianity like yourself, be indistinguishable from non-Christians? (one more time - see my second quote.)

Enter, my friend, if you want to fist fight about this, I will take your first blow, then get up and turn the other cheek.

--------------------

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: Search for the truth! [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #608808 - 04/15/02 06:06 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

That's a nice recommendation.  I don't think I'd
be able to find any anytime soon.  Though I must admit I never tried looking.
I'm not even sure what that is so I'll start researching. :smile: 

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #609183 - 04/15/02 03:27 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
    #610000 - 04/16/02 12:16 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Other animals don't seem to have the mental capabilities to ask "why?"

Humans do, and thats why religion is a core part of some people's existence.
We wonder why, and we need answers, so some people make up answers (religion), while others keep looking.

There are also those who say "Why? Why does it matter?" and just try to enjoy the ride.

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#610645 - 04/17/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Swami, you missed my attempts at humor and sarcasm.
A threat of physical violence does not constitute humor in my world.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order