Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: neither here nor there
B+ Vs. GC Incubation Time
    #608345 - 04/14/02 08:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Last sunday, I innoculated 4 PF jars (BRF/Verm) with B+ (using about 2.5 cc's of spore solution per jar) and I innoculated 9 PF jars with Gulf coast, (using about 1 cc per jar.)

I have them incubating between 70 and 80 Fahrenheit, but it's difficult to keep them heated evenly because I'm using a heating pad and insulating the inside of the incubator (I'll try to post pics of my incubator setup later tonight on this thread)

The B+ are now about 3/4 colonized (except one which has no growth whatsoever... I isolated that one in case it is contammed.) The mycilium is very cumulus-looking, looks like big clouds massing around in a cylindrical hemisphere (that's redundant, but you know what I mean....bitch) It's very cool looking, though, I'm very pleased with the growth.

The GC's, I have noticed have very little growth, and what is growing doesn't look healthy (unless it's two different varieties of mycilium, rhyzomorphic versus non-rhizomorphic). Or it could be contamination.....whatever it is, it's not nearly as prolific as the B+

From all the posts and teks I have read, I think I should have at least SOME growth in the jars

Here are my questions:

1. Is the uneven heating causing this?
2. Is the B+ just a naturally fast colonizer?
3. Do I just need to wait?
4. Do I have contamination in the GC's?

I'm going to invest some time and money into a better incubator.... But I'm not trying to go all-out on my first try.
Oh well, ...........

P.S. I should have some pics up tonight or tomorrow

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently ." - Nietzsche

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: B+ Vs. GC Incubation Time [Re: estaesPACO]
    #608373 - 04/14/02 09:40 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I've never had much luck with the GC strain myself. I've heard real good stuff about the b+ and how well it does. But what I have learned most from mushies is paitence and luck. You get better as you read more and grow more. Most of all eat up on the b+ !!!

"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" AC/DC

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation