Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: lets say you've never met anyone from online [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #6084012 - 09/20/06 08:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

women come to america for the shaving parties

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: lets say you've never met anyone from online [Re: geokills]
    #6084015 - 09/20/06 08:27 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think I'd ever date a woman I met on the internet. It seems creepy.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #6084029 - 09/20/06 08:31 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I don't get it :confused:

Creepier than leanin' up on a lady in a bar, liquor on your breath and a bit of drool comin' down the side of your lip tellin' her what a nice nose-ring she has?

Believe it or not, there ARE normal people on the internet. 
I might not be one of them, but I know a few people who are. :tongue2:

Communication comes in many forms my friend!
You may very well discount items based upon stereotype..
Just as you may very well pass up on things super sweet!

Without any risk, speculation, and chance.. why live?

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: lets say you've never met anyone from online [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #6084041 - 09/20/06 08:33 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

she looks cute :thumbup:

thing is, meeting people like that usually comes with loads of expectations (and the people involved have some sort of need to fill) it can get really awakward or simply lame...
i say go for it but don't make ANY expectations, just be there and see what happens or try to lead the way to an honest and laid back expiriance for the both of you.
if you two connect it's gonna happen naturally and if not then you haven't lost anything anyway.

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6084051 - 09/20/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, but I think it's kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. The (now, this is only MY opinion, don't take this personally, this is partly based on personal experience from knowing one of these chicks first hand) only chicks who are going to date someone are crazy hoebags who are only there for the same reason you are, to get laid. There's no game there!

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #6084052 - 09/20/06 08:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Believe it or not, there ARE normal people on the internet.

I choose 'not, of course my perspective may be skewed since I frequent OTD

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: lets say you've never met anyone from online [Re: Simisu]
    #6084058 - 09/20/06 08:36 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Simisu said:

i say go for it but don't make ANY expectations, just be there and see what happens or try to lead the way to an honest and laid back expiriance for the both of you.
if you two connect it's gonna happen naturally and if not then you haven't lost anything anyway.

Excellent advice, for any relationship at that.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#6084118 - 09/20/06 08:45 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
Yeah, but I think it's kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. The (now, this is only MY opinion, don't take this personally, this is partly based on personal experience from knowing one of these chicks first hand) only chicks who are going to date someone are crazy hoebags who are only there for the same reason you are, to get laid. There's no game there!

Heh, my apologies for hijacking this thread - but I am often intrigued by the way people seem to feel that what they know, is the absolute and utter truth.  If there is a saying among many that I choose to keep fresh in my mind, it is: "Do Not Believe Everything You Know".  Falling into preconceived notions, or lumping a diverse population into a stereotype based upon a singe (or very few) experience(s), is just crazy!  That is, unless you are doing this as way to cop out and therefore feel that the given matter isn't worth your time... in effect allowing yourself to feel righteous in your own inaction. 

Of course, this is all speculation based upon my own personal experiences and evaluation of my own actions (and inaction :wink: ). 

• But to get back to Hella's quote above. 

Are not all humans on this planet to "get laid" ? 
    Is procreation not our genetically imprinted motive for living? 

Like I said, when used properly (and I admitted that many people do not use it this way), dating sites - in the same way as being brutally honest and forthcoming in 3D interactions - allow one to cut through the red tape of pretense and avoid timely and often enough non-rewarding games.  Now I'm not going to say I don't love a good lay, but I will say that I am open to meeting casual friends on these sites, just as readily as I am towards meeting a lover, intimiate or swing.  The fact of the matter is, assumptions and presumptions tend to be quite detrimental to those making them - even if they may not realize it.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#6084173 - 09/20/06 08:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

and yet even though humans do need each other and obviusly many people activly LOOK for partners, personally i feel that the whole idea of dating is somewhat flawd :shrug:
there are loads of people out there leading codependant relashionships no doubt but i'm pretty sure the ones that arn't feel much better about the relationship... connections formed around real expiriances which take time to mature are more likely to be positive connections (IMHO)

i don't have much expiriance with either, partly because this is what i think about dating i guess... i'd rather wait for a true relashionship then find my self dating a girl and getting much too intamate just because i can! (been there once, i could have still been there if i let it! but i'm pretty sure i wouldn't feel positive about it, just comfertable or calm because i'd get some sex and i'd feel a little less lonely... i don't think i'd be happy about it though :shrug:)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6084184 - 09/20/06 08:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
but I am often intrigued by the way people seem to feel that what they know, is the absolute and utter truth. If there is a saying among many that I choose to keep fresh in my mind, it is: "Do Not Believe Everything You Know"

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
(now, this is only MY opinion, don't take this personally, this is partly based on personal experience from knowing one of these chicks first hand)

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#6084232 - 09/20/06 09:06 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I understand your statements were only opinions, yet they seem to have become personal truths; in that, anyone looking for companionship (or perhaps you specifically meant a date or a fuck), are in fact creepy. I took it as a blanket statement, though indeed you may only have meant that most of those situations are creepy, or perhaps even only some - though that's not what I gathered from your overall tone. At any rate, I acknowledge that my analysis may be way off, and my motive behind continuing to post was largely to clarify my own thoughts and feelings, and not necessarily to find fault with your own (though I do enjoy trying to make others introspect, as it often makes for some good conversation!).

Edit: Simisu, I do believe that you and I share much of the same disposition on dating and relationships in general. As a direct result of the fact that my mentality was leading me to be nearly disinterested in meeting women, I decided that the better course of action would be to take chances with limited or ideally no expectations. Love everyone, and make it clear when with a woman, that you love her, but that you do not intend to allow the darker notes of love - such as jealousy and intent - to cloud the good times you share together. This allows you to be honest with yourself, such that if things do not work out, you may not feel so much of that icy burn of having lost something. Rather, you recognize the good times you had, and the fact that going in, you knew very well things could end at any moment.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Edited by geokills (09/20/06 09:11 PM)

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Califas
Re: lets say you've never met anyone from online [Re: Banez]
    #6084270 - 09/20/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

if you dont wanna meet her ill meet her for you and tell you how it went

--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6084281 - 09/20/06 09:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: lets say you've never met anyone from online [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6084289 - 09/20/06 09:18 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Any girl you primarily talk to online is a disaster waiting to happen.

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #6084314 - 09/20/06 09:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yes she lives like 15 mins from me, she just immigrated from croatia

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#6084373 - 09/20/06 09:34 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:Simisu, I do believe that you and I share much of the same disposition on dating and relationships in general.  As a direct result of the fact that my mentality was leading me to be nearly disinterested in meeting women, I decided that the better course of action would be to take chances with limited or ideally no expectations.  Love everyone, and make it clear when with a woman, that you love her, but that you do not intend to allow the darker notes of love - such as jealousy and intent - to cloud the good times you share together.  This allows you to be honest with yourself, such that if things do not work out, you may not feel so much of that icy burn of having lost something.  Rather, you recognize the good times you had, and the fact that going in, you knew very well things could end at any moment.

i guess we do :tongue:
i totally agree with you, to be honest though i'm not in a position to have any sort of relationship right now (as much as i need one) but i do my best to flirt and allow my self to appear available when i do meet girls (any girls, if only to feel good about giving them the feeling that they were noticed. i guess its also because i'd like to be treated the same so it kinda sets an example).

i just know i have some work to do on my self befor i can get into a meaningfull relationship, though the lack of sex right now isn't that much fun but at least i don't put too much effort and emotional energy into getting sex :shrug:

i'm not put off by dating services or meeting girls online but it takes a very spesific mind set to work and i dunno if it's worth the effort...

--------------------

OfflineBowers
Bobba Ganoosh
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CA
Re: lets say you've never met anyone from online [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6084496 - 09/20/06 09:56 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I met Yarry off the net

:heart:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#6084989 - 09/20/06 11:36 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Simisu said:

i'm not put off by dating services or meeting girls online but it takes a very spesific mind set to work and i dunno if it's worth the effort...

I hear ya.  Myself, I find that my writing comes with great fluidity; as quick to extrapolate thoughts into the written word as I would be to speak them.  In many cases (due in no small part to the huge pro of being able to run a quick edit), my written words are often considerably more eloquent (and free from st-studdering) than the spoken ones.  But over time, I am learning to look past my foibles in conversation and continue on with my subject as freely as if I'd never stumbled. 

On the whole though, I do agree with you - introducing yourself to, and getting to know someone on the internet - is a delayed process and therefore can be discouraging if not downright frustrating as many connections will fall into oblivion along the way.  While the same could be said for "real-world" introductions, they often proceed much quicker so they don't give you as much time inbetween to think, hope, or otherwise contemplate the possibilties, only to have your expectations or desires evaporate into thin air over a much greater timespance.  Hence why it is so important that expectations be left aside, the minute you turn on the box and start the hunt for a loverly digital gal pal. 

It works for me though, as I am no longer in school (which is an excellent resource for meeting women).  To top it off, I am fully self-employed, working from home everyday.. so really, unless I make a concerted effort to go out to a social gathering, the internet is much more accessible to me.  I should note however, I took my first swing dance class tonight - which was pretty damn cool.  Had someone told me a year or two ago that I would be in a dance class, I would have scoffed.. how lame I was to think it would be lame (even if my feet are)! :grin:

Reality - it really and truly is all in our own minds.  Any emotion we feel may be susceptible to manipulation through external factors, but only if we let it!  Ultimately, everything we will feel is sourced from within the confines of our own minds.  I wish you the best Simisu, in the work on your own self.  Just remember that the work will never be done until you die, so don't wait too long to play a few more hands! :wink:

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
yes she lives like 15 mins from me, she just immigrated from croatia

Well shit in the timbers my man - get your lazy ass on the phone and invite her over, out, round 'n about! :yesnod:
.. and you best be makin' sure you report back to us with all the juicy details :tongue2:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#6085738 - 09/21/06 09:33 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
It works for me though, as I am no longer in school (which is an excellent resource for meeting women).  To top it off, I am fully self-employed, working from home everyday.. so really, unless I make a concerted effort to go out to a social gathering, the internet is much more accessible to me.  I should note however, I took my first swing dance class tonight - which was pretty damn cool.  Had someone told me a year or two ago that I would be in a dance class, I would have scoffed.. how lame I was to think it would be lame (even if my feet are)! :grin:

Reality - it really and truly is all in our own minds.  Any emotion we feel may be susceptible to manipulation through external factors, but only if we let it!  Ultimately, everything we will feel is sourced from within the confines of our own minds.  I wish you the best Simisu, in the work on your own self.  Just remember that the work will never be done until you die, so don't wait too long to play a few more hands! :wink:

dancing is good for ya  :tongue:
you should take up contact improvisation (i've never met more amazing single woman in a single place... not to mention the amount of positive communication that goes on during class) it's a lot diffrent then doing the steps though but once you get the hang of it you see that nothing compares to it!

and as for me... essentially you're right! it's all in my mind and it's all up to me.
i just need to fill my time with diffrent things befor i take on a relationship (that is, get a job and stick to my hobbies!)
i've started doing things FOR MY SELF rather then to interact with people... i'm slowly building and expanding my own world so i could have something to share with a partner!
if i was writing this two months ago i'd say i was not gonna play my hand for quite some time but right now i feel pretty positive about my life and where i'm at so it's not too far :tongue:

--------------------

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
    #6085965 - 09/21/06 10:26 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hows she ugly?? Maybe shes not stunning, but I think she's cute. I'd hit it. And reducing everything to physical attractiveness is a waste of time unless you just wanna get laid.

Eastern European girls are, in my experience, amazing! They can be a little bit crackers but damn the accent is sexy and they're usually pretty fit. Great jugs, as a genera rule. And I like a little bit of craziness in a girl. Keeps things interesting...

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order