Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out.
    #608290 - 04/14/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

A while back THE challenged us to prove that our compost will give you 80 grams dry on 15 pounds of compost.
Well this is the thread will you will see it happen.
Now it is easy to toot your own horn so I will post the words from a member that he posted yesterday and remind ryche and others of ryches challenge.

This was a post made from johnnyshags420 Please note he did this on 10 pounds of compost we made our claim on 15.

Well I guess that this is as good a time as any to say that my experiment with Dr. Bluethumbs compost was an overwhelming success. I, like many of shroomerites, questioned the validity of the claims made by dimtri saying his compost could yeild equivalently with dung brothers. Well now I feel like an idiot because I have been proven wrong. The first flush on about 8-9 pounds of his compost yeilded well over 3 oz's cracker dry!!!! And for the price its offered at it just can't be beat. I'll definately be ordering more. I have one pic of the flush before harvest, but all I had access to was a cheap poloroid camera. Hopefully I can get a decent scan of this pic and post it up on the boards.

Any way this may seem off topic, but I just wanted to let everyone know that if the compost in these bags is the same compost he sells alone, well then you should definately not overlook them. They would be well worth the investment if you didn't have the room for say 10lbs of compost to be fruiting.

Now here is the reminder of Ryche's challenge:

Dimitri.....I'd like to see some pics of your 80 gram dry first flush, 50 gram dry second flush etc...??

I cant help but call you out on this one Dimitri. Your claims of 80 grams dry 1st flush, 50 grams dry 2nd flush on average. I have not seen any pictures from your compost come anywhere close to that from the post I have seen. You just just posted a picture of a 2nd flush from your compost in this thread a couple of days ago and that is no where close to 50 grams. You would be lucky to get about 14 dry grams from that. More like 10 in reality. And where is the picture from the first flush?? I mean come on, lets get real. I think its great your offering up compost for so cheap. Making it and shipping it is a lot of work. But there is no need to put claims on it that are far from the truth. Even those nice pics Shaunstainblue posted above. A nice looking first flush but it will only dry out to about 28 grams tops I will guess. Feel free to prove me wrong

Oh we will.;)

The supplies:
Here is the 12.5 pounds of compost we will be using.

The block O' coir we will be chipping off of.

Perlite.

The coir mat

Perlite in the bin.

Here are the rest of the pics up until now
Here is the coir mat in use:

Here is a handfull of grain spawn:

First layer of rye grain:

First layer of compost:

2nd layer of rye spawn:

2nd layer of compost:

3rd and final layer of spawn:

Top layer of comppost:

And now the casing layer:

The spawn was from a multi-spore syringe (Lamai Beach)purchased from T.H.E.
I will in a week or so post the pics of a single strain isolation on agar then inocing the rye grain. 

Subject  Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [re: erosion] 
Posted by jonnyshaggs420 (Trendy)
Posted on 04/13/02 10:29 PM

Well as far as I can tell you don't need it for Dr bluethumbs compost either. I just mixed in 1 quart of birdseed spawn to the compost, hell I didn't even let the spawn recover after shaking before I mixed it in (I was in a bit of a hurry). I added a casing layer only because I saw some folks having problems with overlay on the compost itself, and knowing I wouldn't be home more than 3 nights a week to fan the compost ( I don't have a nifty bin like hawk's kit that needs no fanning) and the tupperware container that sits over top of it. All that grew from this compost, and I wasn't even home more than half the time to take care of it. I had fruits longer then from my wrist to my elbow.

I'm sure dimitri is just trying to get all that he can from this demonstration of his. I plan on doing the same thing after buying a Dung Brothers kit. I'll set up a similar set up with Dr Bluethumbs compost, same weights of compost and a clone of the same strain (PESA, because hawk claims this is one of the best on his compost) then I'll stick them right next to each other and see what grows better. If I get my digital camer (I hope) by the time it all gets set up, then pics we shall see.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: dimitri211]
    #608330 - 04/14/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Now is this thread there will be NOjoking if you have a question ask it in the nicest manner possible PLEASE
Until we can get something done the mod we need to be very polite and well yes kiss assing this might keep him out of it.

If not well we will move it to a forum where he is not allowed to abuse his powers.

Edited by dimitri211 (04/14/02 07:53 PM)

Anonymous

#608372 - 04/14/02 07:39 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

can i please be excused to use the washroom?

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: ]
    #608377 - 04/14/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

no stand in the corner bad bad bad captain

Anonymous

Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: shaggymane]
    #608378 - 04/14/02 07:45 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i'm sorry, my bad....i'll jsut pee in that wastebucket in the corner...

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#609228 - 04/15/02 04:20 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

LOL... your so funny Dimitri.
Hey I'm glad one of your customers claimed to have gotten those big of flushes.  I have not seen you or anyone else post those kind of results from Dr. BlueThumbs yet. All I did was ask for some pics :wink:

This is not a pissing contest anyway. I'm glad your selling compost and at a reasonable price. Obviously from the pics I have seen its not as good as the DB compost but still effective and your customers will get some decent flushes from it.

Making, packaging,selling,shipping compost is no easy task. I'm glad your doing it. I hope your customers enjoy it.

Nice pics by the way... looking forward to the end result.
Have you added anything to the compost? You previously mentioned some additive to get better flushes from it?

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #609260 - 04/15/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

here here thats right.You can only piss with the cock you got.

OfflineDaMigraine
Beats so hard itrequiresprotection
Loc: New Hampshire
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: shaggymane]
    #610825 - 04/17/02 11:56 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I can't wait to see those flushes!!

--------------------
I keep my posts like a bikini bottom, long enough to cover the subject... short enough to keep it interesting.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#611048 - 04/17/02 04:07 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I still havent seen the 80 gram first flush.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #611434 - 04/17/02 11:47 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I'm the one who got the 80 gram first flush........I haven't posted any pics of the harvest merely because I haven't gotten around to scanning the shitty ass single poloroid picture that I did take of the first flush. (I'm not much for pictures and at the time all I had was a poloroid camera with one picture left) I've got a digital camera on its way and hopefully I can snap a few pics of the flush dried and in its entirety.

I plan on using your compost soon ryche. Its just yours is a bit more pricy, and takes a bit more saving on my part. I've got nothing to gain from posting phoney results from either of you. Im just looking for the best buy, and the poo that grows the best mushrooms.

I'll probably post some consumer report type stats on both products after I try dung brothers. As far as ease of use etc. I'll keep it as fair as I can, clones etc.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #611437 - 04/17/02 11:50 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

LOL... your so funny Dimitri.
Hey I'm glad one of your customers claimed to have gotten those big of flushes. I have not seen you or anyone else post those kind of results from Dr. BlueThumbs yet. All I did was ask for some pics

>> That is why I am doing this this way I am leary of posting pics since our september incident last year but I am up to the challenge

This is not a pissing contest anyway.
>> By no means this is not a comparison between us and DB just decided to show what it can do.

I'm glad your selling compost and at a reasonable price. Obviously from the pics I have seen its not as good as the DB compost but still effective and your customers will get some decent flushes from it.
>> IMHO DB and I should be chjarging around 10 dollars a pound it is hard sweaty work and takes many hours out of every other day.

Making, packaging,selling,shipping compost is no easy task. I'm glad your doing it. I hope your customers enjoy it.

>> We have our whiners

Nice pics by the way... looking forward to the end result.
Have you added anything to the compost?
>>No no additives as of yet we are going to be doing some test runs soon and will post results later on.

You previously mentioned some additive to get better flushes from it?
>> These came from adding it to the casing layer only.

OfflineKronos

#615169 - 04/22/02 12:27 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

So how is the "shit" comming along? I want to see how it ends up.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #615327 - 04/22/02 07:11 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

does anyone besides me find it amusing that these guys are spending big $$$ to get 15 pounds of compost, the yield of which [80 +50=130=4.5 ounces] is roughtly equivalent to what i get out of 2 dozen pf cakes for about $4 worth of rice & vermiculite ?

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Edited by Hippie3 (04/23/02 06:13 AM)

OfflineShroomel
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: Hippie3]
    #615375 - 04/22/02 08:30 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I agree even though having a 15lb bag of compost requires less work for a 100 bucks I hope I can grow alittle more than 4 oz.

--------------------
Hows my driven man?
We are still parked.
-Cheech&Chong

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: Shroomel]
    #615423 - 04/22/02 09:26 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Since others brought up the subject first, I'll also throw in my reminder that with nothing other than straw, spawn and a casing mix you can get 90 grams dry per square foot first flush ala shroomgod's tek.

'm not sure, but don't most people lay out 15 pounds of compost to cover about 2 square feet? I don't have any trouble believing that almost any bulk substrate with 2 ft of surface area can yield 80 grams first flush considering that just straw can double that. I don't really see why anyone who has grown on bulk subs would doubt it. But pix would be nice just cause I'm sure they'll be pretty.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: mycofile]
    #615450 - 04/22/02 09:54 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I know that it can be done we have done but so many people said that is was not possible so in the interest of standing up to the challenge I decide to keep a full log of the progress.
Call it just for kicks I guess.
I will post pics tonight or tomorrow of the mycelium coming through the casing layer,but for now I am going to visit my new son and his mom.
I will get the pics edited and ready in a day or 2

InvisibleBillyGrass

#620584 - 04/27/02 04:08 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

So. Where the hell are the results?!?!

InvisibleSporePimp
Stranger

Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: BillyGrass]
    #620638 - 04/27/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

For Realzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've yet to ever see dimitri post end results of one of these things, except the few times he posted 2-3 mushrooms in a whole tub.

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: Hippie3]
    #620640 - 04/27/02 05:29 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I have to agree with Hippie. My Tek for me produces 2 ounces per 8 jar run. I can run 2 batches and be very close, maybe cost $25 total if you throw in a purchased syringe for each run. But hey, different strokes :smile: 

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Edited by Alien (04/27/02 05:31 PM)

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: SporePimp]
    #620649 - 04/27/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Well I will be privatly showing the results I had full intentions of posting big ass flush's but after recieving threats regarding the FBI and this post from another vendor I have decided to put it on hold I am sorry to do this but some people will sink to any level to exploit and trash others.
For those of you who have been members of the shroomery for a long time you will recieve a private viewing but in this case I will not post the results on this board in plain view.
Because I fear this certain piece of shit will do anything to get ahead or attempt to create problems for me and my business.
Anyone who registers on or before 10 days will not be part of the private viewing.
Or maybe I can find a way to post so this asshole will not be able to point a finger and say that I am the one doing this.
Again I will post private results for the most of you.

OfflineLilDon697
street chemist
Loc: Jerzy
    #620653 - 04/27/02 06:03 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i was looking forwad to seeing this!

can i see tho cuz i been here for a lilwhile . .like 2-3 months

--------------------
A Pimps only as good as his hoes!!!

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #620763 - 04/27/02 08:49 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

In reply to:

after recieving threats regarding the FBI

I know you can't publish that email/PM publicly on the shroomery, but if you can I would like to have a private peek at just exactly what he said.

PM it to me if you want.

I'm not sure what the taboo is on that.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#620774 - 04/27/02 09:19 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Anonymous

#620895 - 04/28/02 12:20 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom