Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

My current cannabis garden
    #6024874 - 09/03/06 12:47 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I figured id create a new thread with pics of my current cannabis grow(s).  Right now my current genetics include: heavy duty fruity, chronic, and some local genetics called bubblegold.  I currently have two heavy duty plants in flowering, they've hit about the 4 week mark, that picture of them in the cabinet is from about a week in or so.  Ill have to wait til 5 pm to grab new pics as they are now in the 12 off period.

2nd picture is a top down of my newly transplanted heavy duty clones.  To sum up their life, i received 4 heavy duty, unrooted, clones from my grower friend.  1 didnt make it, 2 are now flowering, and the third is LST'ed and is going to be a mother for new clones.  Those clones were taken from the two plants in flowering, i didn't like the way my friend had cloned his plants so i went with a different method.  Instead of soil i used peat pots and fed them a very light nutrient solution (fox farm veg nutes) almost every day.  Out of 7 cuttings, 6 survived, i view that as very good considering that was the first time i ever cloned a plant.  I had placed them in a small dish tub and for the first three or 4 days of their life i covered the tub with a translucent rubber maid which i misted to help create some extra humidity.  Then i watered them almost every day by pooling water in the tub allowing the peat pellets to soak up the solution while all remaining water was evaporated off.  Humidity in the veg closet stayed pretty consistent even with the evaporation going on.  They rooted very well and started showing new growth while still in the peat pots, it was obvious they needed more room so yesterday i transplanted them and that's what you see today.

In the next pic you can see the 4 bubblegold plants.  They are in orange pots in front of the mother HD plant.  Im not happy with the way these guys are looking and am in the process of finding them a home.  If i can't do that in the compost pile they go.  The seeds came from bags i used to buy, apparently a hermie got loose in the crop.  This can explain why they're not looking so good.  I just wanted to try and iron out a good method for germinating seeds so i wouldn't waste beans that cost 100 dollars or more.  I managed to raise em pretty well, had my first experience with staking a plant to strengthen the stems, and overall got a great view of what should and shouldn't be done when starting from seed (my first grow my friend germinated and potted my seeds for me).

After that we have the chronic plants in the tan pots.  I received these plants from another grower friend who unfortunately was forced out of his living situation and had to get rid of his plants.  He's like me and has a hard time just destroying good cannabis.  I received a call for help, all i have to do is keep a female mother or clone alive for him so he can continue when he gets his own place again.  No problem on my end, these plants are doing fantastic and i can't wait to see a pure indica in flowering. 

The next two shots are closeups of the heavy duty clones.

The last shot is the heavy duty mother i have going.  I plan on transplanting it to a 12 qt dishtub and LST'ing it even further then it is.  This advice came from the grower who gave me the clones and it's how he has his current mothers going.

Welp, that's pretty much it, ill grab some flower shots most likely later today and put up a new post.  Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as i do! :smile:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: My current cannabis garden [Re: coda]
    #6024891 - 09/03/06 12:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

very nice :thumbup:
thanks for the update :wink:

do you have anything against topping the plants? the first two look real lanky... of course it's much too late for them but not for the rest of your crop...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: My current cannabis garden [Re: Simisu]
    #6024900 - 09/03/06 01:00 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I havent decided what method i want to use. The person i got the chronic plants from used a pinching method that produced a super bushy plant (which i actually really liked the look of). The way he did it produced a plant which looked like it was going to have almost all colas and little to no popcorn buds. I think the reason these plants look so lanky is that they are a sativa dominant hybrid. Im not to sure, but i do know they have about a 65 day flowering period. The only experimentation i have done is with the mother and LST. Ill probabaly end up pinching some of those chronic plants and ill start fucking around with some of the heavy duty clones. The plants in flowering i left in veg way too long and im paying for it.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#6024908 - 09/03/06 01:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

oh, i forgot to mention that i also pruned the shit out of the heavy duty's in flowering. That's where i took all my clones from, i even think i could have taken a little bit more.

--------------------

-JG

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
    #6024924 - 09/03/06 01:07 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

well youd should do that now if you're looking to do it!

these below the flourecents look ready for topping (you can even make more clones from the tops i belive :tongue:)

well.. good luck anyway, it looks 10 times better then last round!
and of course, have fun!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: My current cannabis garden [Re: Simisu]
    #6024936 - 09/03/06 01:13 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yah, im not sure if i want to top or pinch these plants. In fact im not sure if i even know how to top correctly. Im always a bit hesistant to start fucking with my plants because i'd hate to ruin a perfectly good project.

--------------------

-JG

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
    #6025058 - 09/03/06 01:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

sweet, best of luck on your grow man. cant wait to see how the buds turn out for ya :smile:

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: My current cannabis garden [Re: Mushroom_Mike]
    #6029937 - 09/04/06 10:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thought id update with a few pics from my flowering plants. They're about 1/2 way sitting at day 33. Already the resin production is about 100x more then my previous grow, again though i think im going to be dealing with some hermies. Can't figure out why but i think i see the beginnings of a few hermie flowers. Possibly due to a light leak or something. The fan leaves are so yellow due to them stretching quick and me not paying attention to the lamp height. Other then that im just drooling for these girls to finish.

--------------------

-JG

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#6081878 - 09/20/06 11:01 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Thought id share some of the new additions to my small cannabis family. The seedlings are now a week old, strain is NYC diesel. I obtained these seeds through my roomates friend who had picked them up in emery's shop out in canada. Surprisingly they were still viable after two years of storage, i thought i had one dud out of the bunch but it turned out to be a late bloomer, it's just now starting to poke through. The seed shells seemed to not want to come off of the others so i had to carefully remove them by hand. Otherwise things went pretty well with germinating them and i transplanted them to the orange pots yesterday. I really like using peat pots to germinate my seeds in, simple as hell and so far i've had a 100% success rate with them. My only complaint is that the damn stems stretch so much and i can't seem to counteract it. I even tried planting the peat pots as deep as i could in the orange pots, but the little fuckers still stretched a lot. Im most likely going to have to stake them in another week. Can't wait for these babies to come in, NYCD is one of my favorites.

The other pics are just updates on my heavy duty clones. For a first timer things went pretty smoothly. I dont have an exact date on when i took the cuttings ( i think around aug 3rd-5th) so i can't get an exact date. I LST'ed them, they'd be around 12-14 inches in height right now otherwise. I only have one runt in the batch, that particular cutting doesnt seem to be doing much growing. It still remains the only cutting i haven't LST'ed. The rest, however, are looking great and have taken quite well to the LST method, there are at least two cuttings ive tied down twice and the rest are growing evenly. Been keeping with a full strength feeding every week, fox farms grow big is what i use.

The bubble gold plants got hacked. A.) im pretty sure every last one of them was a male B.) The genetics were poor, the plants didn't look all that good, so i didn't see the point of them taking up more room. I have a vacutainer filled with Bubblegold seeds so if i want to try again ill have no problem doing so.

The chronic plants have been sexed. Three were males, and go figure, they were the nicest looking ones of the bunch. That left two females to work with. Since i was given these plants under the context i would keep a mother or cuttings alive i did so. One female was producing very little secondary growth so i said fuck it (i needed room for the NYCD seedlings) and threw her in a bright corner in my flowering room. She's been in there around a week and growing quite nicely now. The other girl i kept as a mother, i unfortunately fucked up bad when i LST'ed her and bent the stem too much. she wouldn't stand up straight afterwords, luckily things seem to be going ok. I have enough secondaries to take clones from in case something bad happens. I think the bend in the stem is starting to rot or degrade tho and im a bit worried. Aside from that spot on the stem the rest of her looks green and healthy so i really don't know what to think.

The two girls in flowering (dont have a recent photo yet, maybe after 5) have 16 days left til i can think about harvesting them. I really wish i would have flowered them sooner, all the fan leaves that got burned to death really affected my yields. However, the buds are a lot denser then my "thunderfuck" plants were and the resin production is out of this world compared to my previous grow. I swear, it looks like someone wet my buds and threw a handful of glitter in the air. Im drooling to cut em down and dry em out, should be some fantastic smoke when we finish the curing process.

That's about it, have some afghani dream seeds which will be planted soon. Upcoming plans to procure some strawberry cough, a NLxHaze cross, and if i can find em some trainwreck and skittles.

--------------------

-JG

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #6082094 - 09/20/06 11:50 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Some nice strain choices there. Keep up the good work.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds