Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinecHeMiCaLbLuE
everything is funny
    #602732 - 04/08/02 10:02 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

just wondering, does anyone realize how funny and ridiculous everything looks now, i barely watch any tv anymore but just today i was flipping through when i came across the speed channel, there was a bunch of people riding in some silly looking power boat, they all looked so stupid, it still makes me laugh how they could take pleasure in some silly illusion. Another time while i was on shrooms i couldn't help but break down in tears, i let my body drive my car, i watched they way he acted when he drove and the way he changed as soon as i let him in the drivers seat, i felt it all to be very humerous, the mask he had put on that is, he asked what was the matter but i did not tell him because i was having too much fun laughing at him. oh wait this ones a knee slapper, those people that try to act classy and shit, sometimes i don't know how they keep a straight face.

--------------------
insanity with a plan, a plan to stop exercising truth as compared to breathing thin air, but to experience truth as all there is to experience, for what do i not already have that exsists? All i can do is enjoy the ride.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSofaJesus
journeyman
Re: everything is funny [Re: cHeMiCaLbLuE]
    #602826 - 04/08/02 11:36 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

You can't look down on people though.....

I think everything is funny too ... I don't drink beer, but I drive my friends around that do... So I go to the parties and man sometimes its just nuts how people are

Then I walk around campus and just watch people and its just weird how we interact, but we hold so much back

But I never look down on anyone -- Someday I wanna give the whole world a big huge -

--------------------
"...and to the left where up is down now stand a zebra made of shapes of me and silver and the sun so bring no guilt with you up above the flatline let's just hit the sky exploding into one." [ HUM ]

OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
Re: everything is funny [Re: SofaJesus]
    #602859 - 04/09/02 12:11 AM (22 years, 13 days ago)

yes... people just think they are supposed to be that way.

when we trip it breaks down our learned behaviors and instead of seeing our social interactions as "the way it's done" we see them as bunch of goofy, dumb, irrational behaviors that don't serve any real purpose

oh, the conversations that people have... so predictable!

--------------------
---

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
    #604294 - 04/10/02 12:41 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

I have a part-time job giving magazines out to tourists on the street and in the 6 months that I've been doing it, everything keeps getting sillier and sillier. Spending all day having this wierd form of interaction with people from all over the world has started to blow my mind as much as any drug I've ever taken. Sometimes I feel like I am in the simpsons.

OfflinecHeMiCaLbLuE
Re: everything is funny [Re: champ]
    #604349 - 04/10/02 01:28 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

yes you are getting it! the simpsons, alice in wonderland, star trek: the next generation, groundhog day, the matrix, the invisible man, sherlock holmes, there are more to, these are all clues, there is no such thing as coincidence, deshavoo etc. they are all hidden meanings. to what you ask, pm me and i will tell you. HINT: that guy who is always watching, keeps you looking over your shoulder, the producer of the movie of course.

--------------------
insanity with a plan, a plan to stop exercising truth as compared to breathing thin air, but to experience truth as all there is to experience, for what do i not already have that exsists? All i can do is enjoy the ride.

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #604391 - 04/10/02 02:05 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

ever stop to think how ridiculous you must look to others? Eating mushrooms, thinking deep thoughts all the time, talking mystical nonsense, believing in God, etc.

the mirror has 2 faces

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
    #604394 - 04/10/02 02:06 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe that someday we'll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but we won't. And we're just learning this fact.

--------------------

OfflineSofaJesus
journeyman
    #604506 - 04/10/02 04:10 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

---Chemical Blue you wrote------- yes you are getting it! the simpsons, alice in wonderland, star trek: the next generation, groundhog day, the matrix, the invisible man, sherlock holmes, there are more to, these are all clues, there is no such thing as coincidence, deshavoo etc.

Clues is the big word there .....I think about that stuff a lot too.... But it just gets so strange -- but I always find a way to laugh -- The other thing is that I think a big step in the process of understand is not getting completey blown away -- like Mckenna always talked about how he felt like something was always telling him not to be overwhelmed by it or to impressed, but to just go with it...He was talking about tripping for that though

--------------------
"...and to the left where up is down now stand a zebra made of shapes of me and silver and the sun so bring no guilt with you up above the flatline let's just hit the sky exploding into one." [ HUM ]

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

#606140 - 04/12/02 06:46 AM (22 years, 9 days ago)

In keeping with this living in the Simpsons type of existence I am leading, I have been wearing sillier and sillier clothes, lots of swirly orange skirts and day-glo sneakers and stuff. I think it is good, though, to care less and less if other people are judging me, That is their problem, not mine. I mean, there's a guy walking around town in nothing but leather underwear and a wig, another guy dressed in wierd elf clothes, one in wierd courdury gregorian tunics and squashy hats, and other freaks I can think of and I love to see all of them wandering around and they are way farther out than me. So I guess if I like to laugh and see people behave outlandishly in their everyday lives then I should not hesitate to indulge in such behavior myself and worry about making people stare or something. And yes, I am all into the clues and look for the number 23 and it is everywhere.

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #606351 - 04/12/02 11:43 AM (22 years, 9 days ago)

"And yes, I am all into the clues and look for the number 23 and it is everywhere. "

No shit! If you look for any number in nature you are going to find it again and again. Does it mean there is a pattern or that the number is significant?! No. You just happen to be looking for 23 so you are going to find 23. Watch the movie Pi for a better understanding of what I'm getting at. There is a great line in that movie about this.

--------------------

OfflineSofaJesus
journeyman
    #606454 - 04/12/02 01:13 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

Champ where do you live? Souns like you got a lot of interesting people running around .....

--------------------

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #606483 - 04/12/02 01:37 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

"Champ where do you live? Souns like you got a lot of interesting people running around ..... "

I was thinking the same thing.

--------------------

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

#607136 - 04/13/02 09:00 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

I live in Amsterdam and am often fearful that the gods will find out and get jealous and try to take it all away. I go to university there and it is great and I feel that I am aging in reverse, getting younger rather than older. I see 23's everywhere because I am looking for them, probably. So maybe that is also why I see so many crazy freaky people, because I am looking. I also notice things like people on a unicycle and awesome antique cars and once I even saw something called a bicycle cafe that was a combination beer keg and bicycle built for like 20 people to drink and pedal around at the same time. I think the url for the keg-bike is www.fietscafe.nl

OfflineBuddha
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #607679 - 04/13/02 11:52 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

I've always wanted to live in Amsterdam. Mostly because I dont want to contribute to a society and an economy that locks people up for smoking weed. There's a lot of places where weed is legal but I've always heard that Amsterdam is really nice. Have you ever been to Canada or the US? How does it compare?

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Re: everything is funny [Re: Buddha]
    #607923 - 04/14/02 08:21 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

I'm originally from the states and have never really been to Canada. I think that the life here is more healthy, physically and emotionally, I have lost a lot of weight and am a million times more happy, energetic and positive. The Dutch attitude to everything is so sensible and realistic and I respect it a lot. I have many beloved things about Holland, but one of the best is the way that the society strives to be inclusive and egalitarian. Although I hear a lot of strange and rather xenophobic attitudes being expressed about foreigners (especially Muslim people) I think this is because of the close-knit quality of Dutch society which makes it sometimes difficult to extend the hand of friendship to such "unassimable" outsiders. At any rate, in Amsterdam you will never be shunned for having green hair or being non-traditional. Once I was stopped by the police for not having a light on my bike and I had the choice of paying 15 euros for a new light to be fixed on right there or 25 Euros to just get a ticket and no light. So of course I took the cheaper, better, safer option and got a new light put on my bike by a dude with bright blue hair. Plus, the police were super-nice and polite, respectful and personable. In that type of situation there is no need for there to be a barrier between the police and the people, because we are all just toddling around on bikes, drunk and in the dark and it is only common sense that we should have lights! And that is kind of how many things work here, the notion of "we" is very strong. I really feel that I am living with others in a place that we all contribute to. The dutch word for society is "Samenleving" which means "living together" and I have never felt the truth of that more strongly that I do in this town. I'm no political leftist or anything, I'm not even interested in politics but I think that living with other humans means that we are all sharing in a collective experience, and so the city that plays together stays together. And boy does Amsterdam know how to play! It is hard not to love your city and its inhabitants when they are all so cute in the park on Sunday afternoon and there are baby ducks and even the marilyn manson kids are into it. Well, enough yakety yak, I could go on forever. If any Dutchies are reading this I'd be interested to know what they think, because my point of view is that of the optimistic outsider.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: everything is funny [Re: Buddha]
    #608147 - 04/14/02 02:34 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

There's a lot of places where weed is legal
Cannabis is illegal in every country on the planet.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: everything is funny [Re: Swami]
    #608570 - 04/14/02 11:47 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Is that a fact? Every country on Earth?
I'd think there would be at least one country..

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: everything is funny [Re: ]
    #608713 - 04/15/02 03:10 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

When I last did a search a few months back it was. In a few countries it is over-looked or penalities are minimal, but still illegal; even in the Netherlands and Jamaica. There is TREMENDOUS pressure from the UN and the USA to keep it that way. Governments are very fearful entitites and see that opening the door to entheogens may cause people to rethink their priorities and not be good little robots.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #608814 - 04/15/02 06:30 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

Reply 2 champ: Subject: Amsterdam and how great it is.

About 11 years ago is when things went wrong in Amsterdam.
People are very agressive and depressed in Amsterdam.
There are a lot of dangerously destirbed people in Amsterdam. Thats why me and my family left to Hoorn. But it is tracking across entire Holland. BAD people, like a decease has started.

Has anybody noticed the things that are going on right now?
There has not been as much war in the world as now. The weather is acting extremely strange. Polarcaps are melting people. Remember the guy who said that around 2000 things will start going wrong? Look around see the signs...

Now to get back to the Amsterdam thingy... But does it really matter? To me it sometimes does...

Conversation can sometimes be usefull, but most of the time it ends up to nothing... Ofcourse not everything is bad in Amsterdam, and if you never had a bad experience in Amsterdam then things seems great. But don't be fooled.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Re: everything is funny [Re: Fliquid]
    #608829 - 04/15/02 07:07 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

I can understand your point about how there are many bad people, in Holland and in the world. Also about the weather and the environment and everything in the world being more dangerous-seeming. But really, I think that the life in Holland compares very favorably to how people live in other places. Sure, Holland is small and it can often feel like their are too many rules restricting you, too much beurocracy and nosy neighbors whose house is right on top of yours. But if you think that people in Amsterdam are, in general, aggressive and depressed then you ought to look at how people live together in cockroach and crime-ridden cities like New York or Mexico City, the largeness of the economic depression which goes on there and how it ruins lives. I think, yes, Amsterdam is getting worse, more murders and hassles, break-ins and rapes, but people still live pretty well here and have a realistic set of priorities and ideas about the society they want to live in. I, for one, will continue to believe in the Dutch system, even if it can be annoying or inconvenient or sometimes even obstructing my freedom in certain ways. I would rather consent to sacrifice some freedoms in exchange for being included than live in a place like America, where all freedom is illusory, can be taken away from you at the slightest provocation, or is a prize to be won with a firearm.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract