Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewport101
moorglade
Male User Gallery
Loc: Eastern US
poop
    #6078404 - 09/19/06 02:50 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

after my FOAFS first project got contamed due to dry jars and long colonizing time from a nonsponsor vedor he started another one. He Ordered some brazilinas and SOTM from ralph (SA I think) and 2 5 lb bags of 50/50 horse poop from mycopath. His question is can he straight up innoc the poop? could he go from an LC if not? cause he got no jars and has no preassure cooker. Poop is pre-pasturized. thanks

--------------------
save an utter drink a beer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: poop [Re: Newport101]
    #6078493 - 09/19/06 03:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

You can inoculate through the filter patch with an LC solution. If it leaves a hole, you may consider placing a band-aid over the injection point. :smirk:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#6078516 - 09/19/06 03:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It's very very very unlikely that spores will germinate and fully colonize the pasturized poo. And if they did it would take forever. It's very very unlikely that an LC will fully colonize pasturized poo and if it did it would take forever.

You can create PF style jars just by the steaming method then spawn them to the pasturized poo just by crumbling them up and mixing them in.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

OfflineNewport101
moorglade
Male User Gallery
Re: poop [Re: musher_420]
    #6079101 - 09/19/06 06:02 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

well hmm why would the put a filter patch on the bag? can u please give me a link to teh "steaming method. Anotehr qquestion i had that i will pu there to save space for otehr threads is i have a cool mist bought for a bargin at a Goodwill stole hooked up to a tub with polyphil in wholes at bottem for air exchage. I put my thermometer/humidity guage in tehre for 24 hours, opened it up and it said 86% with now water on the sides. Im assuming this will be ight for casings tho cause once i start spraying them they will make the humidity go up themselves correct? thanks .
But id really like to find a way to make my own jars without fear of contamination instead of buying more cause i already sent out 2 orders and i dont want to have to send out more and then wait again .
Thanks again

--------------------

OfflineNewport101
moorglade
Male User Gallery
    #6079285 - 09/19/06 06:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

sorry for horrible spelling im on a peice of crap keyboard right now

--------------------

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight evil with funk
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere North of Normal
    #6079700 - 09/19/06 07:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The steaming method refers to the semi-sterile tek used in the PF Tek. You put a wet towel in a large pot, put the jars on that (with foil over the top of them to prevent moisture dripping in) and add enough water to come about an inch up the jars, and bring to a boil (tightly covered) for an hour. Let the jars cool completly in the pot before knocking them up.

And yes 86%RH is enough for casings, they get most of their moisture from misting.

--------------------
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home
Curriculum vapidum (dry herb vapes)

OfflineNewport101
moorglade
Male User Gallery
Re: poop [Re: NizzyJones]
    #6079746 - 09/19/06 07:50 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

damn....that steril method sounds kind of sketchy..do you think it would work ...should i make double the jars a plan on using lol?

--------------------

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight evil with funk
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere North of Normal
    #6079945 - 09/19/06 08:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It's actually pretty standard for BRF/Verm jars and it works well for most people.

You should go read the Magic Mushroom Growers Guide (an illustrated version of the PF Tek). It's in the basic cultivation pages.

EDIT: As to making more jars - it won't hurt anything but if you work clean and do everything right you probably won't need them.

--------------------
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home
Curriculum vapidum (dry herb vapes)

Edited by NizzyJones (09/19/06 08:27 PM)

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#6080094 - 09/19/06 08:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

alexw said:
well hmm why would the put a filter patch on the bag?

I can only assume that it's for gas exchange after you have added grain spawn or they just have lots of filter patch bags and use them to put there pasteurized poo in.

Mycelium needs to gain "momentum" in a sense. You need to start it off on something very nutritious like grains. Also, these grains must be fully sterilized in order for the mushroom mycelium to monopolize the substrate and not have to complete with other microorganisms. Once you have prepared the grain spawn then the mycelium has become so strong it has no problem colonizing the pasteurized manure before other unwanted organisms get the upper hand.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

OfflineNewport101
moorglade
Male User Gallery
Re: poop [Re: musher_420]
    #6081276 - 09/20/06 04:52 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ok nizzy you keep saying that the steaming method is good for BRF jars. What about rye seed or WBS becuase that is what i plan on using due to low colonization times. I assume it would work just as well for these?

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6081352 - 09/20/06 06:47 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

No without a pressure cooker you are pretty much out of luck as far as rye or birdseed goes,They will fail due to bacteria and the bacteria can survive boiling or steaming,Sorry to bring the bad news.Get a pressure cooker and you will be pleased,It is money well spent if you plan on taking this hobby seriously for any length of time..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate