Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Toronto
    #608030 - 04/14/02 01:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I was wondering about egoloss. I have been told that when egoloss hits all visuals stop. So egoloss is basicly the loss of self identity. You nor anything around you exists anymore. Am I correct? So what is egoloss like? Is it really scary if you dont know you exist? Can someone tell me about an egoloss experience they had?

The reason I ask is because this is something that has interested me for a while. The only reason I havent taken part in it is because alot of people say that no matter how many and how often you eat mushrooms you can never be prepared for egoloss. I just want to be a little prepared to know what to expect. However I do realize that no matter what anyone tells me, its not going to matter when it happens because the information I previously knew will cease to exist. Any and all help is appreciated.

They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Egoloss [Re: optikal_trip]
    #608081 - 04/14/02 03:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I had one in particular in December which scarred me for two months in a certain sense ... I couldn't look at my bedroom the same way again for a long time, it just scared me and depressed me. That night was horrible, I'm never dosing even NEAR that dosage again (1/4)...

All I can say is it honestly felt like I had finally gone to hell, there is nothing else I could say. It just WAS hell. Whether it was ego-loss or not, it's the farthest I have ever gone, and there was no me, I felt scared but beyond the fear I didn't realize my existance. Not fun, just frightening, something I'm glad to have gone through but NEVER AGAIN.

You'll almost never be prepared for it, I can assure you

Re: Egoloss [Re: optikal_trip]
    #608520 - 04/15/02 12:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

To get explanations you can search egoloss, egoless, and level 5..But honestly unless you take a hefty dose around 6 grams alone , you really wont understand the leftover bable..Along with the arguments that egoloss does or does not exist. Its there and its an area that is both something you need to experience and 1 you are not sure you want to delve into again...Like jumping from an airplane or achieving something personal the survival of egoloss is very personal...

Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Egoloss [Re: egolesss]
    #610682 - 04/17/02 11:04 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ok when i got into cid, i read all about it, especially stuff timothy leary wrote. i read "the psychedelic experience", the book he wrote with ralph metzner and richard alpert (good book, it's based on the tibetan book of the dead). anyways, we got some cid one night and i started trippin'. i decided it was time to enter the first bardo and see the clear light of reality. so i went off, sat down, (i think lotus style, although it may have just been in a chair) and closed my eyes. then it began, i started to leave earth. this existence. my body. my mind. it seemed like all this important info was coming into my brain (or was it already there?) too fast and i couldn't sort it out fast enough. it was deep, epiphany-type information that seemed to be coming from a higher source and i was in awe for being given this chance to experience it. at the time it was very scary too. reality was slipping away. i thought i was leaving somewhere and might not come back if i didn't remember who/what/where i was. i knew all i had to do was open my eyes and see the familiarity of the room i was in, which i did more than once. but "i" was trying to keep my eyes closed as much as possible so i could remain in the first bardo. it's really hard to do because it was definite ego-loss. it's the experience of everything you know being stripped away. i guess i just wasn't ready for it despite all the reading i did. i think the setting wasn't the greatest. i was kinda having a bad trip earlier in that night.

anyways, i would definitely like to achieve ego-loss again, just in a better setting, like out in nature. a good way to do it is make sure you are alone (unless you choose to have a sitter, which can be a good idea) either in a dark room, with your eyes closed, and as silent a surrounding as possible. i'm sure out in nature would work just as well. you would definitely tune into nature and mother earth. either way, relax and don't panic!

"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience