Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them.
    #6079119 - 09/19/06 06:06 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I couldn't believe my eyes.  There they were, inside my house, on the floor next to the door.  Two hairy-looking spiders, facing off.  A black fuzzy one and a brown one with blink stripes...suspiciously brown-recluse-like.  They jumped on one another and then jumped off again.  It was so weird.  So I froze and watched them mess around for a few more moments before I ran to get a shoe and frantically squashed them.  I should point out that the black spider started jumping around to evade my shoe, terrifying me immensely. 

Okay they're both dead now.  I hate it when they jump. 

My phoba has only disappeared once, after my first gathering in which I experienced a sense of total ego loss on mushrooms.  It remained gone for about six months before I started being afraid of spiders again. 

I can't even pinpoint what it is about them that freak me out.  Something about the way they crawl...  :blaggal;dkrjsldkrjs))) :sad:

The fact that there were two in my kitchen facing off...wow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: MOTH]
    #6079127 - 09/19/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Lately I've felt terrible killing insects for no reasons..

but spiders and mosquitos receive no mercy. :mad:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: MOTH]
    #6079128 - 09/19/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

maybe they were mating :smirk:

milato spiders

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #6079146 - 09/19/06 06:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, spiders make the hair on my neck tingle. And then I go "ureeghhuhghh.."

I'm glad you showed them both that fighting is useless - death is coming for ALL OF YOU EIGHT LEGGED HORRORS!

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: Schwip]
    #6079159 - 09/19/06 06:13 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

They didn't seem araid of one another...the brown one had cornered the black one and was pouncing on it.  I'm recoiling at the memory as we speak. 

What's ironic about this encounter is that I had just returned home with a book on insects from Barnes and Noble. 

If they were breeding...omg.  If there is anything more creepy to me then spiders, it's "thousands and thousands of baby spiders invading my FUCKING HOUSE!!"  :sad:

But it's okay, because I have Raid.

Invisiblemycogirl
goddamn
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6079180 - 09/19/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

They were totally getting it on.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#6079181 - 09/19/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

See, I'm the nature type. I love all creatures, and all that good stuff. I think every creature has something unique to teach us. But if that's the case...then fuck...I am TERRIFIED about what spiders can teach us. Something about them...

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#6079186 - 09/19/06 06:17 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

So I guess they fascinate me too.

OfflineEarthDroid
Old Crank(Veteran)

#6079211 - 09/19/06 06:21 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Many female spiders eat their partners before or after the mating.

Invisiblemycogirl
goddamn
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: EarthDroid]
    #6079231 - 09/19/06 06:24 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

If only female humans were as advanced...

--------------------

InvisibleMrSinister
Uncle T
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outworld
    #6079243 - 09/19/06 06:26 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I would have let it go on.. Could have had  some good insect betting.. :tongue2: 

Some of the old Chinese people around me bet on praying mantises, and other types of insect in fights..  Could have charged the friends admission and given odds on the spider fights.. :box:

--------------------

"They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

"Eric Stratton.. Rush chairman.. Damn glad to meet you.."

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#6079250 - 09/19/06 06:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

im the same way about bees

any bee or wasp unfortunate enough to get within 10 feet of me, and they get the raid or spray nine or windex or whatever i have close to me :smile:

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6079283 - 09/19/06 06:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

A great opportunity for an internet video has been wasted. It would have been interesting to see which won, you could even show a snapshot first and started a Spider vs Spider poll, before you post the vid  :laugh:
When you're into poisonous spider land it would be a good idea to have at least one can of insecticide so you can fog the spider or a hiding place and withdraw.

Should you have tarantulas, catch them and free or sell them.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (09/19/06 06:41 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: Asante]
    #6079293 - 09/19/06 06:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Video stardom would have made them restless for more.

Offlinelil_demented
Loner will lone
Male User Gallery
    #6079931 - 09/19/06 08:21 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

you should have captured them and started an ultimate spider fighting leage, they could have fought crime, warded off intruders, washed the car...

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #6080411 - 09/19/06 09:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Stupid.

............shoulda just picked them up and ate them.  :nonono:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Califas
    #6080499 - 09/19/06 10:07 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

you should of got 2 cups and 2 peaces of paper and traped them took pictures and freeeed them back to the wild. not killem
i have rotchs and i dont even like killing thos

--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #6080519 - 09/19/06 10:11 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
I couldn't believe my eyes.  There they were, inside my house, on the floor next to the door.  Two hairy-looking spiders, facing off.  A black fuzzy one and a brown one with blink stripes...suspiciously brown-recluse-like.  They jumped on one another and then jumped off again.  It was so weird.  So I froze and watched them mess around for a few more moments before I ran to get a shoe and frantically squashed them.  I should point out that the black spider started jumping around to evade my shoe, terrifying me immensely. 

My phoba has only disappeared once, after my first gathering in which I experienced a sense of total ego loss on mushrooms.  It remained gone for about six months before I started being afraid of spiders again. 

I can't even pinpoint what it is about them that freak me out.  Something about the way they crawl...  :blaggal;dkrjsldkrjs))) :sad:

Possessive vs. plural.  If you want to write, you've got to get standard grammar down.  After that--you can play around with shit.  Just know what you're doing.  :stoned:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

OfflineSilentG
Stranger thanfiction

Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: GnuBobo]
    #6080846 - 09/19/06 11:12 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I always dig seeing vermin fight. The old wasp in the spider web is my favorite.

--------------------
Yes, I could go drive somewhere everytime the urge to defecate hits, but...where's the fun in that.
-Moth

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: Schwip]
    #6080924 - 09/19/06 11:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Schwip said:
im the same way about bees

any bee or wasp unfortunate enough to get within 10 feet of me, and they get the raid or spray nine or windex or whatever i have close to me :smile:

yeah encounters with bees to me are always like walking on thin ice. you want to get the fuck out of there, but you're afraid to make any sudden movements.. and bees somehow always want to touch you, it invades my personal space and i don't like it. :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: GnuBobo]
    #6080977 - 09/19/06 11:46 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

GnuBobo said:
Quote:

MOTH said:

Possessive vs. plural.  If you want to write, you've got to get standard grammar down.  After that--you can play around with shit.  Just know what you're doing.  :stoned:

Hmm??  I was super-stoned (and still am).  :smile:  I usually don't pay attention to my writing when posting.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #6080984 - 09/19/06 11:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I like spiders. I almost always save them and put them outside. Flies and mosquitoes, on the other hand...

--------------------

OfflineLingeringDestiny
Ganja Idolotrist
Female User Gallery

Loc: Shroomville
Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: Silversoul]
    #6081012 - 09/19/06 11:59 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Spiders have never really scared me, but if I'm within a ten foot radius of a bee or wasp, I'm squealing like a little girl.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Nothing that coincides is ever coincidental~*~*~*~

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: LingeringDestiny]
    #6081025 - 09/20/06 12:05 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I actually got made fun of in 7th grade because I got upset when people squashed the bees and wasps.

--------------------

Offlinelil_demented
Loner will lone
Male User Gallery
Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: Silversoul]
    #6081093 - 09/20/06 12:43 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i always wear a hat in the summer just for bees, slowly grab the bill of the hat and smack that bugger out of the air. they usually go away after that.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM Happy Birthday!
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: mycogirl]
    #6081171 - 09/20/06 02:00 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mycogirl said:
If only female humans were as advanced...

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #6081232 - 09/20/06 03:42 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I always hated spiders, buggers terrify me. I never knew why either.

One time I was browsing the shroomery late at night and a spider just popped out of nowhere, crawling across my keyboard. I went apeshit on it.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Offlinelil_demented
Loner will lone
Male User Gallery
Re: Two spider's duking it out in my kitchen...I just freaking squashed them. [Re: Konnrade]
    #6081530 - 09/20/06 08:56 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

its not the spiders that i hate, but i hate when i'm walking through the woods and suddly get covered in a spider web. thats the worst

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies