Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Could God Forgive the devil?
    #607658 - 04/13/02 11:35 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe other hellbound people want to know as well. Would god ever forgive Lucifer? I think this brings up some interresting questions like:
- Would I get to go to heavan if the devil was forgiven?
-Why wouldn't God be willing to forgive him?
-If he gets to go do I stay in hell and just hang out?
-Would someone guilty of more than not believing in god get to go too?(e.g Child Molestors)

Any Ideas are welcome cause I litterally have eternity to think about it in the afterlife and if it's true, maybe..... just maybe I could get the devil to swallow his pride and apologise.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #607682 - 04/13/02 11:56 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

lol... i think this is the best question i've heard here. :smile:

see... i think the thing is that lucifer would have to see the error in his ways and change them for good, but the very nature of the "the devil" is that he wants to continue doing evil, so that would never happen.

and god seems like a real bastard sometimes and i'm not sure if he could swallow his pride and ask lucifer back into heaven anyway... maybe he secretly forgives him though.

OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
    #607775 - 04/14/02 02:46 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

What you have to consider is the possibility that God doesn't like you. Could be, God hates us. This is not the worst thing that could happen.

--------------------

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #607794 - 04/14/02 03:10 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

If "god" forgave "the devil" that would mean he would have to also forgive you, considering that "the devil" has commited so many more sins than yourself.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #607801 - 04/14/02 03:16 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

#607860 - 04/14/02 05:15 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

yea,But sometimes when I get really spun out and things just fit...I come to the conclusion that were already in hell and were just fooling ourselves.

How does the saying go?

If God was real,We'd have no reason to create him.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #607896 - 04/14/02 07:23 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

God and the devil are the same, the devil is the name that God uses when he has to do somthing that we don't like.
:wink:

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #607921 - 04/14/02 08:18 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well, the god and the devil were just two things various rich wankers made up to keep poor people in line. Take mushrooms and ask God about it yourself.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #607957 - 04/14/02 09:49 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

for an enjoyable journey to judgement day (and beyond...) as told by a sinning protestant pastor (who firewalked into a universe next door) --- do read robert heinlein's _job_

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: LOBO]
    #607971 - 04/14/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

God and the devil are the same, the devil is the name that God uses when he has to do somthing that we don't like.

haha, that's great. And very true I think. The devil is just a fabrication of our dualistic imagination. God is all and everything and as such has infinite capacity for forgiveness.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #607978 - 04/14/02 10:21 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

as to the naturre of the dispute between yahweh and shaitan... well, that has changed over the millennia, as the natures of the creator deity and the ancient foe have changed... (even the concept of a dedicated adversary, a fallen angel leading a third of the heavenly hosts into exile, was pretty much an import from zoroastrianiasm acquired during the babylonian captivity... and some tradtions (esp. some of the gnostic "heresies") have a different slant on who the good guys and the bad guys are in the struggle in heaven, in the garden of eden, in the christly incarnation, crucifixion, resurrection... and more through variations in european christian thought (& poetry - see milton), jewish theology (from the captiivity, the diaspora, the pogroms, the holocaust, and here and now...) and in islam since the time of the prophet and his companions...
and perhaps al crowley and anton lavey have something to contribute as to the nature of the beast... & even latecomers like charley manson & marylin manson, hehheh...
other cultures have other images of the evil one(s)... loki and allied forces working for the destruction of the world in norse tales... kali ma and other death gods/goddesses in india... some of the amazing creation story adveraries from mexico and south america... the evil one tempting buddha away from the path to enlightenment... the enemy of light whose name must not be uttered in zoroastrianism... (sorta echoes of cthulu, hehheh...), & many more faces of the dark side...
~~~
do you know how much they are charging for a glass of icewater in hell these days?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Anonymous

#608012 - 04/14/02 11:13 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Absolutely, God would forgive the Lucifer. Unconditional love and acceptance doesn't stop at its friends. I am in line with those who think that Satan is merely an aspect of God. An opposite aspect of itself that The First Cause created in order to maintain balance in the Universe. The forces of dark cannot exist without the forces of light, and vice versa. They are two parts of the same whole. Hell, God put Satan in charge of the material world and all the things that go with it. He must have some faith in him. It's Lucifer's job to make sure the rules of physics remain constant. It's his job to keep the planet's rotating and keep the material world moving. So far he's done a good job. It's no mystery that Earth has been ruled by dark forces for quite some time. The lure of the material world hassunken many into an illusional state of being where they believe there is nothing more than what they see. Part of the change occuring is that Lucifer will be freed from the Earth, as it his opinion that he has been a slave to it for so long... and the First Cause/God/All that is/The Great Central Sun/Allah.. whatever you call it, will take control of his people once again and shine its illuminating and all encompassing light of wisdom and awareness on them. For a while the world has been dominated by those who wish to obtain power, wealth, etc, and will take any steps neccessary to make that possible. The tables are being turned however, our world is being flipped upside down.

God doesn't hold a grudge. If it created Satan it obviously knew what he was capable of. Enter says that Lucifer will be cast into a pit of flames to burn for eternity. Well from a human perspective that may seem like a bad thing. Maybe from Satan's perspective, that's the best thing he can imagine. Fire is an element, which holds very powerful capabilities for healing, cleansing, and transformation. I know that Lucifer feels like he has been trapped on our Earth for a long time. He has been very bored, you could say.. and boredom leads to destruction.
Just imagine what kind of games you would play if you were a 6th dimensional angel of light, who had turned to the material world to focus your energies on, and found yourself stuck on a place where very low evolved creatures (compared to you) were just trying to figure out the material world... and you already had it mastered! Wouldn't you play games with their heads? Lucifer is just doing what comes naturally to him, he's doing what he was programmed to do.

God is omniscient, therefore he knew what Lucifer was going to do and its ultimately all a part of his master plan. Lucifer is God, You are God, I am God, Everything is God. We are all just different aspects of God, different ways for God to view the world he created. In the end, all will be one, just as it was in the beginning, and will be for eternity.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #608895 - 04/15/02 09:09 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Why would God need to forgive anyone?

If God is all powerful and invincible then God can not be damaged in any way. If God can't be damaged, then there is nothing to forgive.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: ]
    #608899 - 04/15/02 09:13 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I am in line with those who think that Satan is merely an aspect of God. An opposite aspect of itself that The First Cause created in order to maintain balance in the Universe. The forces of dark cannot exist without the forces of light, and vice versa.

Yes, when I die, shroomism will cease to be at the same instant.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: Swami]
    #608919 - 04/15/02 09:41 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

and then you both will be reborn as conjoint twins

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: ]
    #608928 - 04/15/02 09:53 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Apostasy is running rampant, just the same way that God said it would at this time. The question isn't whether or not God's word is truth, its whether or not you have accepted Jesus Christ in your life. If you want to know what God intends on doing, read His words to you, the Bible. Any sort of logic you use was made by him. He can defy your logic and still be right. God is outside your grasp. Be careful how you talk about Him, because He is not your peer.

Lucifer hates humans. Lucifer hates humans because he is jealous of them, because God almighty said that he, Lucifer, had to serve us humans. Because of Lucifer's conceit, this was an insult.

You are told not to try to get revenge, because you are nobody to exact it. Revenge belongs to God alone, because He is worthy of it. Satan does NOT see being thrown into a lake of fire as a good thing. He knows its bad-like anyone with their head on right would- and wants to drag you and me down with him. Having questions about the motives behind God's action doesn't mean you should turn away from Him. If you turn away from Him, it speaks more about than about Him, since going away from God is not the way to learn more about Him. You, personally, not understanding the logic of God is not going to stop the planets from turning or His will from being done. You better just see where you fit into His plan. If God is omniscient and you are part of His plan, which His Holy word, the Bible, speaks of, then you know where he is headed with all of this existence. Questions about it should be taken up with Him.

Now, you can say that many people have died for this country's sake, but none of them were God almighty's Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ died for YOU. He sacrificed Himself so that we would have only to accept his forgiveness and be clean and faithful to Him, so that when He returns we can coexist with Him. He promised to return to pick up His faithful bride, His church, and punish the unrepentant.

Read His word and appreciate it, because one day you will wish for someone to be there to talk to you about it and there will be no one.

If you know you need to change, but don't want to or don't feel like it, just ask God to change your heart and to put people in your life to help you, because you know its the right thing, and He will. He can change you. No one can do it alone. Surrender to Him and you will experience the difference. Read His word and congregate with fellow believers to affirm your faith in Him. Know His promises to His people. Know his love. Ask for His help. Ask Him to make your will His will. Praise and worship be to the King of Kings and Him alone, whose word endures forever, even after the earth and heavens pass. Praise God for His mercy. In Jesus name, I ask God the Father to touch atleast one of you.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: CACA]
    #608945 - 04/15/02 10:19 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Apostasy is running rampant, just the same way that God said it would at this time.
There are more churches, temples, mosques now than any time in history. Please show the evidence for apostasy and where in the Bible it mentions the year 2002.

The question isn't whether or not God's word is truth...
That's pretty darn important to me.

He can defy your logic and still be right.
Bring him on. I love a good debate.

Lucifer hates humans.
And that is why he was named "The Light-Bearer".

If God is omniscient ...
Then he created me knowing that I would reject the fairy-tales that are the Bible.

Now, you can say that many people have died for this country's sake, but none of them were God almighty's Son, Jesus Christ.
How can anyone be anyone else? So are you denigrating the soldiers that have sacrificed their lives?

Jesus Christ died for YOU.
No. He died as a political prisoner for stirring up discord among the masses. His death was in no way related to me.

He can change you.
Perhaps, but for the umpteenth time why are Christians morally indistinguishable from non-Christians?

--------------------

Edited by Swami (04/15/02 10:20 AM)

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #608948 - 04/15/02 10:23 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

who cares? that's like saying "could superman ever fall in love with lex luthor?"

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #608952 - 04/15/02 10:32 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

could superman ever fall in love with lex luthor?
No, but he sure could get Lois Lane off! They didn't call him "The Man of Steel" for nothing.

--------------------

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: Could God Forgive the devil? [Re: Swami]
    #608956 - 04/15/02 10:42 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

his super sperm would tear her appart

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom