Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out.
    #607417 - 04/13/02 04:29 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

A while back THE challenged us to prove that our compost will give you 80 grams dry on 15 pounds of compost.
Well this is the thread will you will see it happen.
Now it is easy to toot your own horn so I will post the words from a member that he posted yesterday and remind ryche and others of ryches challenge.

This was a post made from johnnyshags420 Please note he did this on 10 pounds of compost we made our claim on 15.

Well I guess that this is as good a time as any to say that my experiment with Dr. Bluethumbs compost was an overwhelming success. I, like many of shroomerites, questioned the validity of the claims made by dimtri saying his compost could yeild equivalently with dung brothers. Well now I feel like an idiot because I have been proven wrong. The first flush on about 8-9 pounds of his compost yeilded well over 3 oz's cracker dry!!!! And for the price its offered at it just can't be beat. I'll definately be ordering more. I have one pic of the flush before harvest, but all I had access to was a cheap poloroid camera. Hopefully I can get a decent scan of this pic and post it up on the boards.

Any way this may seem off topic, but I just wanted to let everyone know that if the compost in these bags is the same compost he sells alone, well then you should definately not overlook them. They would be well worth the investment if you didn't have the room for say 10lbs of compost to be fruiting.

Now here is the reminder of Ryche's challenge:

Dimitri.....I'd like to see some pics of your 80 gram dry first flush, 50 gram dry second flush etc...??

I cant help but call you out on this one Dimitri. Your claims of 80 grams dry 1st flush, 50 grams dry 2nd flush on average. I have not seen any pictures from your compost come anywhere close to that from the post I have seen. You just just posted a picture of a 2nd flush from your compost in this thread a couple of days ago and that is no where close to 50 grams. You would be lucky to get about 14 dry grams from that. More like 10 in reality. And where is the picture from the first flush?? I mean come on, lets get real. I think its great your offering up compost for so cheap. Making it and shipping it is a lot of work. But there is no need to put claims on it that are far from the truth. Even those nice pics Shaunstainblue posted above. A nice looking first flush but it will only dry out to about 28 grams tops I will guess. Feel free to prove me wrong

Oh we will.;)

The supplies:
Here is the 12.5 pounds of compost we will be using.

The block O' coir we will be chipping off of.

Perlite.

The coir mat

Perlite in the bin.

I have more pics all the way up until now (we just cased it) I will edit and post them later today I have to run errons 

Edited by dimitri211 (04/13/02 04:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: dimitri211]
    #607443 - 04/13/02 05:21 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

How much can be expected from your magic bag medium and magic bag medium compost -- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd flush?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #607536 - 04/13/02 07:40 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Here are the rest of the pics up until now
Here is the coir mat in use:

Here is a handfull of grain spawn:

First layer of rye grain:

First layer of compost:

2nd layer of rye spawn:

2nd layer of compost:

3rd and final layer of spawn:

Top layer of comppost:

And now the casing layer:

The spawn was from a multi-spore syringe (Lamai Beach)purchased from T.H.E.
I will in a week or so post the pics of a single strain isolation on agar then inocing the rye grain.

Anonymous

#607583 - 04/13/02 09:14 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Last I heard you didnt need perlite or a casing layer or a bottom layer for the dung brothers kit.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: ]
    #607590 - 04/13/02 09:29 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well as far as I can tell you don't need it for Dr bluethumbs compost either. I just mixed in 1 quart of birdseed spawn to the compost, hell I didn't even let the spawn recover after shaking before I mixed it in (I was in a bit of a hurry). I added a casing layer only because I saw some folks having problems with overlay on the compost itself, and knowing I wouldn't be home more than 3 nights a week to fan the compost ( I don't have a nifty bin like hawk's kit that needs no fanning) and the tupperware container that sits over top of it. All that grew from this compost, and I wasn't even home more than half the time to take care of it. I had fruits longer then from my wrist to my elbow.

I'm sure dimitri is just trying to get all that he can from this demonstration of his. I plan on doing the same thing after buying a Dung Brothers kit. I'll set up a similar set up with Dr Bluethumbs compost, same weights of compost and a clone of the same strain (PESA, because hawk claims this is one of the best on his compost) then I'll stick them right next to each other and see what grows better. If I get my digital camer (I hope) by the time it all gets set up, then pics we shall see.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #607637 - 04/13/02 10:58 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

You do not need a perlite bottom or the coir mat I am very busy and do not have time to fan mist etc... so I eliminated the misting all together the bottom layer is my preference.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #607787 - 04/14/02 03:04 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hmmmm... why would a bottom layer eliminate the need for misting?

Anonymous

#607876 - 04/14/02 05:59 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Surprisingly enough, no casing soil is needed. Our grower has tried them both with and without 50/50+ casing soil and finds cubensis grow just as well without the casing soil on Dung Brothers compost inside these boxes. The compost has a very fluffy texture to it from the wood shavings in it that gives it a natural casing soil texture.
These kits also dont need any regular fanning or humidifiers

Can you say the same about yours? From the looks of those pencil farms you grew Id say you need the casing to get any sort of yeild. Seems like a lot of trouble to go to and extra money to spend trying to show Third Ryche up. And he can just grow his like it comes and get the same results. This is fucking hillarious. You may also have problems with that coir mat on the bottom. By the way, you forgot to put the kitchen sink in your tub.

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #607962 - 04/14/02 09:56 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

are you really digging this hard to compare this is not a comparison. If you would READ. This was a challenge Rychethat claimed he wanted to see us produce 80 dry grams off of 15 pounds of compost.
Stop trying to compare me and DB we are not challenging DB to a contest we are making a statement that our compost can and will give 80 grams dry on 15 pounds compost.
Now if for some reason you can not understand or can not stop reading something into this let me know I will explain it in terms you might be able to comprehend.

Anno we do not need to mist our compost and the bottom perlite and coir wick enough moisture up so I can set it and forget it.

There is no need for a casing layer but if you are new to cultivation or just have a personnal preference LIKE WE DO you can case it.

Edited by dimitri211 (04/14/02 11:10 AM)

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: dimitri211]
    #607975 - 04/14/02 10:21 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: I am comin' forya Ryche I am calling you out. [Re: Anonymous]
    #607994 - 04/14/02 10:44 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well we made the claim that we can produce 80 dry on 15 pounds and many other called us on it. So we figured that we would log all of it.
This does sound like a lot (80 grams) but we have done it several times, both in controlled and uncontrolled enviroments.

We have found that most everyone who uses our compost, even those with only a basic knowledge (newbies) of cultivation, can succeed and get huge flushes without buying and building very controlled enviroments, grow rooms etc...

Pans love this stuff also giving people 1.5 inch caps on average w/ thick meaty stems.
You can check eatualives post both here and on the mycotopia BB.
We have a top quality product and take great pride in all our products and this will further prove it.

We are doing this will both single strain isolation and mutli-spore(which most newbies will use)inoculations (which is what is being used in the pics above)

When using the muti-spore inoculation we went with a strain we know little about (Lamai Beach) we know it is a cub but it could be a shitty cub we have never worked with so we started over (sort of) but we are trying to duplicate what a newbie we be starting with, little knowledge and little or no growing exp.

Anonymous

#608099 - 04/14/02 01:30 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

So will you be supplying customers with these extra supplies so that they can get these yeilds too? My money is on the green mold.

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #608119 - 04/14/02 02:05 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

obviously your lack of experience is where the green mold comes from.

You seem to be the only one with this problem so far sorry about your luck.

Maybe you should try a new hobby.

Anonymous

#608123 - 04/14/02 02:09 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Never had it, but you will.

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #608132 - 04/14/02 02:19 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

um sure.

Maybe you should start out somewhere that is not to high tek for you. I have had no one that I know of that uses this tek properly end up with green mold sounds to me llike you need to do some reading before you voice your opinion

Anonymous

#608133 - 04/14/02 02:22 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

If you could read dr. greenmold you would see that I never said I had it. My friend has a 96 quart rubbermaid full of straw and shrooms that say different. You are going to get it though, this is a promise from erosion.

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #608136 - 04/14/02 02:24 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Why are you invading my thread with your bullshit??
You first triend to make this look like some vendor bashing vendor when you were told that is not what it was you changed your bullshit ploy to trying to convince other that they will get green mold why not just go away.

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #608140 - 04/14/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

My friend has a 96 quart rubbermaid full of straw and shrooms that say different.

I am sorry I did not realize that you were a master grower please accept my appologies Paul Stamets.:D

Anonymous

#608143 - 04/14/02 02:31 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Dont you have babies to make dr. whitetrash? Pump a bunch out, we still have resources left. Good luck with the pencil farming. Hows the "attorny" job working out?

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #608150 - 04/14/02 02:37 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Not bad sock boy.
I am sure your advice is invaluable to this communtiy please stay and help us all see the light.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale