Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God? [Re: Demotriton]
    #5556542 - 04/25/06 09:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
There are evil forces at work right now that are trying to trick us into thinking Jesus is not the son of God so we cannot find God within us.

What if those evil forces are trying to trick us into thinking Jesus IS the son of God? What if the Bible was made to trick us so that we wont find God?

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEmpTyCLosEtSpAcE
yatahey
 User Gallery

Re: Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5561500 - 04/27/06 02:01 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If there really is some grand malevolent spirit dedicated to the destruction of all humanity, goodness and hope then it's greatest creation to this end was religion. The greatest divide I can think of is that between the believer and non-believer. The greatest impediment to peace and unity on this planet are the zealots shrieking to each other, "Behold my god, for he is the alpha and shall grant unto me paradise!". Pick a war, any one in history that you care to name and you will likely find religion played a part in it. Sometimes a very small part, used merely as justification or to grant some type of moral high ground to one or the other side and not really believed by either. (After all, for good or bad it's most often religions that give us our "morals".) How many leaders throughout time have said, "God is on our side." or that "This is gods will."? How many people have been slaughtered and left to rot on the field in the name of god but at the whims of politicians? Other times religion is the main focal point of the war. Almost a thousand years ago the byzantine empire initiated a crusade to take back the holy land from the heathen muslims. Later the tide of militant islam would sweep over parts of europe and as far east as the philippines. Blind faith is a powerful thing. Throughout history men have marched to the end of the earth with little more reason than, "The gods deemed it necessary." Obedience without question is the name of the game for most religions. But you don't have to be a believer to have to comply. In the USA at least, we have quite a few laws that originate from puritanical christians. IE, sodomy laws, gay marriage bans *gods hates them faerie boys*, in some states dry sundays, polygamy laws, right to die laws, bestiality *ick but..hey whatever does it for ya*, drug laws and others. That being said, just because I disapprove of religion doesn't mean I disapprove of faith. I think everyone should have faith in SOMETHING. Some ideal at least. And if believing in buddha, allah, jehova, the jesus man, eric clapton or a big fucking chartreuse umbrella creature named floyd is what helps you live your life best, go for it. I sincerely hope it works for you. But don't fuck with someone else just because they think your god, while interesting, is a fairy tale. Don't pass laws that discriminate against me because I don't buy your beliefs, then cry about intolerance when I lash out about it. You come off as a hypocrite and we both leave pissed and divided. That goes for all the folks out there who think being an atheist means telling christians that they're ignorant. Sooo, sorry if I offended anyone with my little rant there. I'm aware of the many positive aspects of organized religion, I just feel the cons outweigh the pro's. And in case anyone was wondering, I'm not an atheist. I just think it's an act of hubris to think you know anything at all of whats going on in our weird ass universe. Again though, each to his own. And all you crazy christians out there, wasn't singling you out with my examples. I just happen to live in the USA so I catch more flack from christianity, and vice versa, then from islam or shinto.

--------------------
I can't imagine what the cops are going to think when they come in and see a couple hippies on some guy covered in puke and shit screaming i'm dying as we tell him it's ok he'll like it.-Chinacat72

OfflineGolden_Lizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God? [Re: EmpTyCLosEtSpAcE]
    #5572454 - 04/29/06 11:28 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'm atheist. oops let the cat out of the bag.. :thumbdown:

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God? [Re: Golden_Lizard]
    #5574152 - 04/30/06 01:56 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

golden_lizard said:
I'm atheist. oops let the cat out of the bag.. :thumbdown:

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

OfflineShroominFL
crazy man
 User Gallery

Re: Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God? [Re: whatever123]
    #5963799 - 08/14/06 07:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

we're all the sons of god

--------------------
You only live once...leave with no regrets.

OfflineMachiavellian
Stranger
Re: Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God? [Re: ShroominFL]
    #5967823 - 08/15/06 10:09 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I believe yes, he is, and also they are the same person/being. To try to understand everything about what god is, what he wants, how to be saved, etc, could make you go crazy. I accept that I definitally can't understand it all, and the best I can do is try to be the best person I can possibly be. I am sure that is what God wants... By being the best person you can possibly be, you are accepting jesus/god.

Quote:

she prayed to the Virgin Mary

I don't get that. Why do catholics pray to Mary? You're supposed to pray to god/jesus. And the fact that catholics call the pope "the holy father" is why I can't say I aggree with the whole catholic thing (as I consider it idolatry, or something like that). God is the holy father, not some dude who is chosen by other people.

But... If you could give me the catholic explanation of that, it would be great :P

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God? [Re: shroomydan]
    #5971750 - 08/17/06 12:20 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
Do you believe you will go to heaven if you believe Jesus was the Son of God?

Believing isn't enough. If you believe that he is the son of God and refuse his gift of salvation, then you won't go to heaven.

Watch this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dzzORZhnCao

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Re: Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God? [Re: Demotriton]
    #5974821 - 08/18/06 12:01 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I don't believe in jesus, I just believe in Smoking Baby Jesus..

heh heh...

I don't know

--------------------
"Where?

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God? [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #6073226 - 09/18/06 07:09 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Jezus was the SUN of god, not the son of god...

there is no proof of any person in history who matches up with the stories in the bible.

wich isnt surprising when u take into account that the whole life of jezus is one giant metafore for the behaviour of the sun relative to the horizon.

click the link in my siggy and check the 3.5hr presentation there and things will become clear...

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]