Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewindex
old hand
pretty sure im giving up...
    #607119 - 04/13/02 08:18 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

yup, im pretty sure im going to give up trying, all ive done so far is waste well over 500 bucks over the last year and one trip to show for it, dosnt matter what tempuratures i keep my shit at, i can never get germination, and the rare occerences that i do, colonization takes on average three months, then they do absolutly nothing.

This has nothing to do with preperation, as its been proved in the last two attemps, 5 mycobags all together, none will even germinate... sad sad sad ... the only thing i can think of is its the venders spores, but if this were the case how come so many other people get great results from the same vender?

anyway back to the topic, im givin em one more chance, even building a fancy high tech incubator, if this dont work i may have to give up.....

Edited by windex (04/13/02 08:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSumGuy
addict

Re: pretty sure im giving up... [Re: windex]
    #607121 - 04/13/02 08:25 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

maybe bacterial problems somewhere... try new spores

--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

Invisibletheseeker
addict
 User Gallery
    #607131 - 04/13/02 08:50 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

$500?!#@$#%!#!

I use a $3 box in a closet as my incubator. brf is maybe $3 a bag, jars are $8 a dozen, verm is less than $10, spores are all but free.. what else do you need? i am piss broke but love trippin, so this hobby really lends itself to me. $500... damn. sorry man!

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: pretty sure im giving up... [Re: theseeker]
    #607169 - 04/13/02 10:18 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

theseeker:
it was 500 over the course of the last year :wink:
most was spent on syringes and lysol.. i wish i could make my own syringes, but just dont have the time or place to make em... still living at home and growing as a personal hobbie/recreation is no big deal with my folks, just gotta keep it all put up out of the open.  Having two brothers and only being off on sunday and occasionally saturday dosnt leave me much time to sit in the kitchen preparing everything.  When i first started id have thursdays off so i could do my jars while they were at school.  (usually could get twice as many done when mom helped out)

compiler:

I've aggitated one bag every day for a week, then after no signs of germination cut it down to every other day and injected half a syring on top of the other 2cc's, as for the other four bags i just innoculated those 3-4 days ago, and im only aggitating every other day... these i havnt givin up on yet as i only innoculated so few days ago.... but after i leave work in 4 hours, im going to go buy all the stuff for a really nice grow setup and see if that will change my luck.

Right now my setup is a huge rubbermade, with a heating pad under it and some dry perlite to keep everything off the direct heat, keeps it at a nice 80F (taking core temps into consideration 80 should be fine, maybe a little slower colonzing but should increase the time by that much!)

Edited by windex (04/13/02 10:28 AM)

InvisiblePsiloSurfer
Ghost
    #607189 - 04/13/02 10:56 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Windex,

I had the same problem with the Myco Bags. I innoculated four of them under super sterile conditions, did everything right, put them in a dark & warm place at 86 degrees and... nothing.

I contacted sporeworks and they sent me a new syringe because they thought that the original spores might have been the problem. Well, with the new syringe I got 1 bag to colonize over the course of 2 months. The other 3 bags still had no signs of life.

Out of desperation I decided to do a mycelium transfer from the colonized bag to the other three. I cut three suger-cube sized chunks of mycelium from the colonized bag with a sterilized razor blade, transfered them to the three non-colonized bags via a slit I cut in them, and then taped the bags back up. I put them back in their warm and dark place.

Low and behold, the 3 bags were 100% colonized in 20 days.

InvisiblePsiloSurfer
Ghost
    #607192 - 04/13/02 10:57 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Windex,

I had the same problem with the Myco Bags. I innoculated four of them under super sterile conditions, did everything right, put them in a dark & warm place at 86 degrees and... nothing.

I contacted sporeworks and they sent me a new syringe because they thought that the original spores might have been the problem. Well, with the new syringe I got 1 bag to colonize over the course of 2 months. The other 3 bags still had no signs of life.

Out of desperation I decided to do a mycelium transfer from the colonized bag to the other three. I cut three suger-cube sized chunks of mycelium from the colonized bag with a sterilized razor blade, transfered them to the three non-colonized bags via a slit I cut in them, and then taped the bags back up. I put them back in their warm and dark place. Every now and then I shook the bags up.

Low and behold, the 3 bags were 100% colonized in 20 days.

OfflineHisStudent
enthusiast

#607245 - 04/13/02 12:04 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

48 half pints knocked up in two days two weeks ago.

36 lost to contams!

12 slow movers in various stages of colonization.

I HAVE NOT YET BEGUN TO FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your head up brother......

--------------------
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.
- Jack Handey

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: pretty sure im giving up... [Re: PsiloSurfer]
    #607254 - 04/13/02 12:13 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

PsiloSurfer: Trying to spawn the bags off a BRF chunk is going to be my last resort. I dont think the bags are contaiminated, my oldest one has no signs of ANY type of growth and still smells the same as when it came (earthy cardboard) and the new bags smell the same so contaimination is the furthest thing from my mind.

Everyone: Thanks for the encouregment and ideas.

Compiler: Special thanks for taking your time to help out too =)

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: pretty sure im giving up... *update* [Re: windex]
    #611786 - 04/18/02 09:26 AM (22 years, 3 days ago)

i follwed your suggestion compiler, and one of the five had 5-6 dime sized splotches, so i gave it a good shake and put away. The splotches i saw were super white and very rhyzomorphic, but soft looking as well. Very healthy looking. Seems like it will be a fast colonizer.

The other four are still empty.

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: pretty sure im giving up... *update* [Re: windex]
    #612040 - 04/18/02 03:03 PM (22 years, 3 days ago)

if you wanna give up thats up to you... and as for spending 500 bucks thats just crazy.... you can get everything you need for well under 200 and that includes a PC...... and also ample substrate if you go with something like a big 50 LB bag of rye..... this is supposed to be a fun hobby so if your not having fun dont do it.... sometimes yields and stuff suck and let you down but that just means you try something new.... dont whine and say your gonna give up... if you wanna give up then fine... do it but dont whine about it....

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: pretty sure im giving up... *update* [Re: LSD_4me]
    #612256 - 04/18/02 07:37 PM (22 years, 3 days ago)

jesus, have you not read the entire rest of the post?

Offlinebluepoo
journeyman
Loc: europe
    #612371 - 04/18/02 09:30 PM (22 years, 3 days ago)

$500... i bulit a hole shed for that humidity controled temerture insulation flow hood 99.99% evrything down to a stirile suit man god does not want you to grow them

--------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
the above is what the litel leprecans told me to say and should be regarded as such
-----------------------------------------------------------

Offlinedelysid_1
journeyman
Re: pretty sure im giving up... [Re: HisStudent]
    #612426 - 04/18/02 10:26 PM (22 years, 3 days ago)

"48 half pints knocked up in two days two weeks ago.

36 lost to contams!

12 slow movers in various stages of colonization.

I HAVE NOT YET BEGUN TO FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your head up brother...... "

Jesus! how in the hell could you contam that many jars!! My friend has never once lost a jar to contamination. I mean shit just PC the jars for 1 hour(steam for 1.5 hours) and you just cannot get contams unless you are using a bad syringe. Just put tape over the holes before putting in the pc. When ready to inoculate wash the top of each jar with IPA and flame the needle before each jar. You cannot fuck up if you do this. then put new tape over the holes and you are set.

--------------------
"Catholic church molestation scandel- the lord works in mysterius ways indeed........"

-delysid_1

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag