Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Take a look at this
    #606037 - 04/12/02 02:22 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Take a look at this [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #606104 - 04/12/02 05:57 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Already seen the pics, definitely just plain ole Ps. cubensis and nothing more. Purple veil, golden caps, yellowish stem, purple/brown gills. This dude is known for his scams, I'm not buying into any of it.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Take a look at this [Re: Lizard King]
    #606374 - 04/12/02 12:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

They are not cubensis but he did have one picture with P. cubensis on th left and this other speices on the right. It is most likely a stropharia or maybe an agaricus.

Workman also thinks it is possibly an agaricu. I posted this note below about themushroms because he says they grow in sand.

Also no mushrooms grow to the exact hight of the grass. They are either belw the grasses or above the grases. And if a lawn mower is used on a regular basis say once a week then the mushrooms will only grow to the ize of the grassbut always above the grass where one can see them.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here was the response to those pictures.

And again I must remind all that there are many Psilocybe species in the genera which are not psychoactive between 85 to over a hundred or more of them.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In response to G Great Ones posting of Mr's G's fotos.

If you read Mr. G's first paragraph he says

" it grows only on soil."

Later he says sand. IF you look at the pictures and at the bottom of the stems you can see what appears to be drt (soil) and something looking which may be organic emenating form the base of one of the stems.

I should mention that there ae more than 85 to over 100 other species of Psilocybe which are not psychoactive in the genera.

This does not appear to be a Psilocybe but possibly a similar related species.

Mr. G says they are highly potent but if they were there would be some kind of bluing reaction on at least several specimens.

He sent a sporeprint to Jochen Gartz, (the German Scientist Mr. G refers to) andcannot wait to see what they are. However he did not send Dr. Gartz any generic description for Dr Gartz to key out the mushroom in order to identify it for him.

Thus he wrote to mjshroomer at my email looking for John W. Allen.

He also wanted Guzm?n's email and address but I had explained to Mr. G. that Guzm?n is still identifying new species dating back to 1997 so he is very behind in work and would not have time to examine them for several years. I also informed Mr. G that if he had a few hundred dollars to spare, any univesity mycology department or botany department would anayled them for content and study them for mycological identification. Something Mr. G has neither the money for or the inclination to be patient to find out exactly what they are.

Pictures are obviously an instamatic camera. Anyone can purchase a cheap pentax with a zoom for under 100.00 and even cheaper is used.

I would give him credit if is find is something new but I do not think so but he shoud tone down his anger and viloent side because people who respect these musrhooms do not act in the manner this person does.

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Loc: chucktown
Re: Take a look at this [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #606714 - 04/12/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I bet a million bucks it's Stopharia semiglobata

--------------------
I want to live in Northern Exposure. Ed Chigliak would be my pal.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
Re: Take a look at this [Re: crazyman]
    #607156 - 04/13/02 09:55 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Stropharia semiglbata like these?

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Loc: chucktown
Re: Take a look at this [Re: Anno]
    #607513 - 04/13/02 07:05 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yes Anno, exactly...Thankyou for posting the pic. They look almost identical to P.cubensis, and as you see, they grow in the same "substrate" and often times sandy soils that have recieved drainage from nearby rich, "poopy" soil. I've seen them myself around Charleston,SC mixed with the cubies.

--------------------
I want to live in Northern Exposure. Ed Chigliak would be my pal.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate