Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenoob_jon
Stranger

Found non-active (I think) Mushrooms (Full Report/Pics inside)
    #6070424 - 09/17/06 11:11 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I found these after a rainfall. There is also another species i will do a report on when i can post more pics. Probably tomorrow.

* Habitat (where [woods, pasture, state,province,country, altitude] and what [soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?)] does it grow on)
In my yard, it was muddy after all the rain. It looks like its growing on a little bit of wet grass. Maybe some sticks or wood chips nearby. There is a tree close to them. These are in Eastern Pennsylvania.

* Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
Tanish to orange. I don't think they were attached to the stem.

Younger mushroom:

Older mushroom:

* Characteristics of the stem (length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
Solid, white, thick. I didn't get a chance to measure it.

* Characteristics of the cap (diameter,color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
It was fuzzy, inverted nipple.

Younger Mushroom:

Older:

* Spore print color (very important!)
Tanish to orange. I didn't get a good pic because it was half tin foil and half paper. I could only see it on the tin foil. Could have letting it sit out like for like three or four days make a difference? Also, i used the same glasses from another print.

* Color that the mushroom bruises
Very blue (pic below). Looks like light blue. Bruises very easily. Some bruised from rain and one i gently rubbed with a stick and a little green and blue immediately showed up. The one that is split open instantly turned very blue.

Younger:

Older:

* Scent of the mushroom
Stuffy nose, i couldn't really smell anything except grass.

* Anything else you might find important
Inverted nipple.

Pennsylvania
Psilocybe caerulipes
Panaeolus subbalteatus
Gymnopilus spectabilis
Gymnopilus aeruginosus

I don't think it can be any of them as i just google some up. I am pretty interested to see what it could be. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Found non-active (I think) Mushrooms (Full Report/Pics inside) [Re: noob_jon]
    #6070460 - 09/17/06 11:27 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe one of the bluing Lactarius species. The milky latex is what causes the blue I think. Found some of the blue Lactarius last year.

Here are the ones I found.. I screwed up on the pic and it came out blurry.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/06-05/880548442-lactarius-blue2.jpg

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder