Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? * 1
    #605998 - 04/12/02 01:18 AM (22 years, 10 days ago)

Well, I have heard from many people, (though I have not noticed myself), that if you are dropping acid on to blotter, or whatever the thing may be, you can actually start tripping by the LSD entering your body through your skin.

Now, its raised a question for me, as I was wondering if anyone had felt high after handling cakes. Seems like every time I case, handleing anywhere from 20 to 100 jars, (usually brf/verm), I break up with my bare hands (doused with alcohol), and about 20 minutes later feel almost dream-like, tripping feeling. A good head high. Almost like Im stoned.

Now Im usually rushing back and fourth, doing it as quickly as possible before my roomates come home. I can basically case 50 jars in about an hour. Im thinking with all the handling of the mycelium in a short amount of time, is there anyway the psylocibin can be absorbed by my hands? I also thought about just the pure excitement would cause this, but, I dont think Id feel so damn head high as I do. :smile:

Thought Id throw that out there...Anyone with info or having the same experiences?!

I'll probably get the replies saying Im crazy, but whatever :smile: hehe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? [Re: angryshroom] * 1
    #606228 - 04/12/02 09:23 AM (22 years, 10 days ago)

i know people who stick blotter acid to their foreheads instead of eating it. But the amount of acid you need to trip is about 75 - 100 micrograms. Psilocybin is about 15 - 20 miligrams. Your effects may be psycological because i don't think simple contact with mycelium is enough for your body to absorb that amount of psilocybin.
Maybe you could trip by skin absorption using a crude shroom extract (like the one you would get if you used "The Psilocybin Producer's Guide") which can be 50% psilocybin.

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #606236 - 04/12/02 09:34 AM (22 years, 10 days ago)

when i harvest and make prints-i swear my hands are tingling-maybe its all in my head-i thought it was the shrooms-i have handled LARGE amounts o Lsd-HUGE sheets-and yes-it will soak into your skin-but wouldnt psilocybin have to be water soluably to absorb through your pores? is it water soluable?

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? [Re: esin] * 1
    #606453 - 04/12/02 01:09 PM (22 years, 10 days ago)

Yeah I dont dout it could be psycological...however I really felt like I was tripping .

I never got the tingly hands before, just a clean head high. I mean, I guess its possible if you handeled enough mycelum, you could absorb some psyolcibin.

Offlinehonswagler
Stranger
    #606486 - 04/12/02 01:39 PM (22 years, 10 days ago)

The first time I harvested I squished some of the aborts in my hand because I was currious of the texture, I felt a mild high about 20-30 mins later.

Sure it could be placebo. But I think that the placebo effect is under rated / under understood (<-mis-understood, if you understand, tee hee). If it works why worry too much how. Please someone, next time I have a cold give me a tylanol and tell me its the some new swiss herbal miracle cold therapy that works magic.

I also feel that mushrooms have a energetic/spiritual presence. The other day I was stonned (MJ) , gazzing at the terrium I felt a blue energy presence wafting out like a breeze of wind. I could feel it interacting with my body, changing my perception. cool, now of only those babys would fruit afore the month ends and I have to move...

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? [Re: honswagler] * 1
    #606560 - 04/12/02 03:02 PM (22 years, 10 days ago)

ive heard of handling acid making you trip but never experience it... i sometimes mush aborts to watch them turn purty blue :-) never feel anything either

Offlinezodiac312
journeyman

#606631 - 04/12/02 04:58 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

i know that just being around enough lsd will give you a tripped out state of mind. call it placebo if you will but i believe that we as humans are sensitive to the energy of it. i dont see why mushrooms would be any different. i think that we have more senses than science can properly explain.

--------------------
*Everything in this post is fictional and should be treated as such*

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #606640 - 04/12/02 05:16 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

I've experienced absorption of acid through the skin, although the effect was just mild peripheral visuals and a slight stoning affect. I have never experienced any of this with mushrooms. I've handled and squeezed a few pounds of mushrooms within a 20-30 minute time period, and noticed no difference before or after. It could all be a placebo, and with the shrooms thats what I chalk these experiences up as.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflinePeyotl
enthusiast
Loc: Everywhere But No Where
Re: Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? [Re: zodiac312] * 1
    #606642 - 04/12/02 05:19 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

ive had this conversstion over at another board and they said it musy be something cause other ppl noticed a change in the person coincidinwit fucking with the shrooms.
fuck holding a sheet of cid to trip, just catch the dood not ooking and lick the sheet. that works alot better freinds!

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #606644 - 04/12/02 05:22 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

I would say that there is some absorbtion through the skin. I remember picking lb's of liberty caps one year. Although I didn't eat any while picking, I was very bemushroomed. Its a fact that lsd enters through the skin, and many dealers in the 60's never knew this until they were preparing their sugarcubes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure the imfamous Albert Hoffmann bicycle ride/discovery of lsd was through absorbtion into the skin.

But then again, this could be the magic you feel when handling/being around cakes and shrooms, afterall, they are magic mushrooms!!

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? [Re: DreaMaTrix] * 1
    #606703 - 04/12/02 06:39 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

i think albert hoffman injested it.... thinking it was something else or something... someone correct me if im wrong

Anonymous

#606722 - 04/12/02 07:00 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

I can say for sure that I have tripped before from handling mushrooms as well as acid. Once my friend had about 50 sugarcubes in aluminum foil in his pocket and he fell in a creek..completely soaking the cubes and turning it into a sugary acid mush. We tried to salvage it by and just handling the glop for a couple minutes with our bare hands we began tripping.
As for mushrooms I am sure I have gotten mild effects from Psilocybe on several occasions. While harvesting many fruits a few weeks ago I was splitting the stems open with my bare hands on some of the bigger ones and admiring the blue staining :laugh: A few minutes later I felt the tell tale signs of the mushrooms effect. It wasn't a full blown trip, but the effects did last for a good 2 hours. It was like a mini-trip. 

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? [Re: ] * 1
    #606788 - 04/12/02 08:37 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

doo de doo

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Edited by Champion des Champignons (08/20/13 09:44 PM)

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? [Re: LSD_4me] * 1
    #606798 - 04/12/02 09:00 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

This was, altogether, a remarkable experience - both in its sudden onset and its extraordinary course. It seemed to have resulted from some external toxic influence; I surmised a connection with the substance I had been working with at the time, lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate. But this led to another question: how had I managed to absorb this material? Because of the known toxicity of ergot substances, I always maintained meticulously neat work habits. Possibly a bit of the LSD solution had contacted my fingertips during crystallization, and a trace of the substance was absorbed through the skin. If LSD-25 had indeed been the cause of this bizarre experience, then it must be a substance of extraordinary potency. There seemed to be only one way of getting to the bottom of this. I decided on a self-experiment.

Taken from here: http://www.psykedelbok.se/LSD_My_Problem_Child/chapter1.html#4

Seems like we were both right LSD_4me, above was before the bike ride, this was the journal entry that led to the most memorable bicycle ride in history:

Self-Experiments
4/19/43 16:20: 0.5 cc of 1/2 promil aqueous solution of diethylamide tartrate orally = 0.25 mg tartrate. Taken diluted with about 10 cc water. Tasteless.
17:00: Beginning dizziness, feeling of anxiety, visual distortions, symptoms of paralysis, desire to laugh.

Supplement of 4/21: Home by bicycle. From 18:00- ca.20:00 most severe crisis. (See special report.)

'Most severe crisis' hehehehehe

Good luck

--------------------

Offlinegirlskater
***meow***

Loc: Here
    #606825 - 04/12/02 09:26 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

could it be the rubbing alcohol?

OfflineRaven_420
TITLE

Loc: Canada
    #607374 - 04/13/02 03:05 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

A buddy of mine(honestly) had to dry 1 ounce of shroomz for his buddy (once again I'm not lying) and he said that when he laid them out to dry the smell was just unreal in his closet and he was worried the people he was living with would smell them. Anyway.. after removing only 1 ounce of wet shrooms from the bag to his drying area he said he felt like he was having a nice mushroom trip. I tried only 2 grams of the shroomz once they were dry, and didn't get anything... I found him hard to beleive. Also the friend that gave him the shroomz to dry, had picked them himself in British Colombia. I knew the guy that gave my buddy the shroomz because he was my other friends brother... So it wasn't like I was trying some shrooms that were picked by someone I didn't know... But next time I will pick my own.. I'm not taking any more chances... It's scary...

-Raven

--------------------
* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process

Offlinesillvyr

Loc: under a tree
    #607386 - 04/13/02 03:31 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

this has been excellent reading, great post!

i have noticed this phenomenon before. the very first time i cased my cakes, i was nervous, trying to be extra careful and took my time breaking up the cakes...soon i found myself feeling really high and walls were breathing, etc. i figured it had to be "all in my head" as i confessed to my boyfriend. i'm pretty sure it isn't tho, as i have cased a few times since, and it seems to happen every time, tho as Shroomism points out, it's like a mini-trip.... :smile: i loved this thread!

--------------------
The "Little Mushrooms" are but emisaries to the Overmind.....

Edited by sillvyr (04/13/02 03:33 PM)

OfflineBuddha
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? [Re: sillvyr] * 1
    #607396 - 04/13/02 03:55 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

You should never underestimate the power of your mind. When you eat mushrooms or acid, you get 'high' because of the drugs effect on your brain. You can inforce the same effect on your brain, without the drugs. The drugs change the chemistry of your brain, they do it for you, but they are not entirely necessary. Yogi's, monk's, and many others have great control of the body and mind. They can make themselves 'high' if they wish. The Dalai Lama said that he could never condemn drugs because they have turned so many people on to buddhism and meditation.

Have you ever just been sitting around and you start feeling high for no reason. Then you start thinking about being high and you can kind of control it. Also if you've ever tried meditating, you sometimes feel really wierd, almost weightless.

And finally, to validate the placebo effect and the power of suggestion; have you ever seen anyone being hypnotized. The people being hypnotized believe what they are told because the believe the power of hypnosis. People are hypnotized because they have been convinced, either conciously or unconciously, that they can be hypnotized. They are only in a 'trance' because they believe that someone can put them in a trance. That is the power of suggestion.

Edited by Buddha (04/13/02 04:01 PM)

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? [Re: Buddha] * 1
    #607435 - 04/13/02 04:59 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

>You should never underestimate the power of your mind. When you eat mushrooms or acid, you get 'high' because of the drugs effect on your brain. You can inforce the same effect on your brain, without the drugs.

Through many years of practice. Somehow I could never imagine enforcing a dmt experience upon myself without the drug.

>The drugs change the chemistry of your brain, they do it for you, but they are not entirely necessary. Yogi's, monk's, and many others have great control of the body and mind. They can make themselves 'high' if they wish.

Although to attain these states of mind, one usually has to dedicate ones whole life to meditation and spiritual practices.

>Have you ever just been sitting around and you start feeling high for no reason. Then you start thinking about being high and you can kind of control it. Also if you've ever tried meditating, you sometimes feel really wierd, almost weightless.

Yes, the brain produces chemicals constantly. Smells can sometimes induce memories, and feeling associated with that memory... from childhood to orgasm. Meditation is the practice of non thought, therefore non feeling, maybe this is weightlessness.

>And finally, to validate the placebo effect and the power of suggestion; have you ever seen anyone being hypnotized. The people being hypnotized believe what they are told because the believe the power of hypnosis. People are hypnotized because they have been convinced, either conciously or unconciously, that they can be hypnotized. They are only in a 'trance' because they believe that someone can put them in a trance. That is the power of suggestion.

No-one has suggested to anybody to feel high when they have harvested mushrooms, and gotten off.
IMO 8 out of 10 cats said they know the real thing to a placebo effect.

--------------------

OfflinePeyotl
enthusiast
Loc: Everywhere But No Where
Re: Psilocybin absorbtion through skin? [Re: DreaMaTrix] * 1
    #607455 - 04/13/02 05:38 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

yea i dont see a placebo DMT hig anytime sooon.
if the dalai lama said that....FUCK CHINA!!
saying these guys are full of shit, that there getting off on psychosomatic bullshit or something, is insulting. dont know about the hypnosis. but these guys sound like they got high more than 5 times, that theyve been around the block. one question: when was the last time a psilo trip felt anything like a pot buzz? a person only need goto erowid.org or whatever and read the reports there to see that, fantastical though they may be.
i agree that lamas and camels lmfao i had to, i agree they they prolly could do something accustomed to a ot buzz. but i assure you were not dealing with men lke those today. ok im finished.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies