Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
look any of you lifters
    #6067574 - 09/16/06 12:00 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

who wanna get big...brown dustin, ive seen your pics, you're cut but not a lot of size. any of you...im sure you guys are all on split routines or whatever. you probably cant even fathom working out and not doing curls. well you best forget all you used to know about working out. mark rippetoe's system of compound exercises is the best program ive ever tried, ever. real body buliders reccomend it. everyone wants to try their own thing or hears something from a friend about lifting. if you arent huge, you need to be on rippetoe. i dont think ive seen one huge person on this site, i certainly am not huge. this system may not seem like enough, it may not seem good enough. well it is, its more than enough. most lifters are so obsessed they actually do too much and dont grow. give it a month, just follow mr rippetoe to a T, NO DEVIATION!!! you also have to eat alot, and i do mean alot. you will experience size and strength gains like never before. i added 6 lbls of lean muscle in a month. my strenght is moving up so quickly i cant believe it. its an easy workout that doesnt even take up too much of your time. most guys agree if you spend more than an hour in the gym, its too much. just give it a month, one month of your time and see if im not correct.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

seriously

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: look any of you lifters [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6067776 - 09/16/06 01:37 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

See, I wish that I had done something like this when I first started working out because I could have capitalized on newb gains. A 5 day split is definitely not efficient to be putting on solid mass, but at least I gained 40lbs so far. I'm extremely luck to have done what I have in such a short amount of time and with no experience.

I would also HIGHLY advocate that people get on this program. Big compound movements employ a ton of muscle fibers at once which has big biological affects on hypertrophy, hormones and much, much more. You will become a beast basically.

I won't benefit from switching to this program with the training I'm doing now. It would make no significant difference, imo. Which sucks, but oh well. I've enjoyed myself. I do a shitload of heavy compound movements, and everything else is basically supplementary. Today is shoulder day, and it'll be heavy military presses, lots of lateral raises and overhead presses.

Over the next 12 weeks, I will be making a dramatic change and joining the ranks of mass monsters. Hehehe. Will report with pics and possibly a log when I do my ph cycle.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: look any of you lifters [Re: browndustin]
    #6067815 - 09/16/06 01:53 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

doing a cycle?? man that's bad news :frown: :frown: dont go there. stay natural. anyway ive seen your pics, i would put money on it that if you hit rippetoe for 2 months you would get gains. i understand it probably seems scary to make such a drastci change but believe me. im telling ya dude, i was a pretty hardcore lifter when i was younger and getting back into the game with this program has proved to be quite amazing

Invisibleroad406
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6068182 - 09/16/06 04:22 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

"mark rippetoe's system of compound exercises is the best program ive ever tried, ever. real body buliders reccomend it."

yea his "unique" emphasis on compound exercises is good...but its not like he invented compound exercises...people have been doing them for many MANY years...

He just put them in a nice organized fashion and emphasized which ones are best in HIS opinion...

to get strong and big u still have to do curls and other basic exercises...

i followed his program before and it worked ...BUT it didnt add huge amounts of muscle it just got me past my plateau...

I GOT "some" of my awards following basic compound exercises including deadlift/squat/one hand row/one hand clean/etc...

i put them in the order that best fit ME and it worked for me...

i think his program is more of an INTRO for begginers into how to properly use compound exercises..nothing more...

FOR BEST results as u become more advanced u have to organize compound exercises AND basic exercises into a system that works best for YOUR BODY!

Edited by road406 (09/18/06 01:46 AM)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#6068822 - 09/16/06 08:27 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Heh, don't worry about it, bro. Lots of people have been extremely supportive and some are extremely worried. I truly appreciate your concern, but I've done a lot of soul searching, researched and have been checked out. My blood pressure and lipid profile's great, health is great, mind's in an awesome place and it's getting cold out (good for stimulating appetite). I've got absolutely everything laid out as perfect as you can basically get, I just have to see what happened at the end of October when it begins.

I will be "natural" again after this for quite some time. I also plan on keeping heavy compounds as a staple in my program.

--------------------

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #6069653 - 09/17/06 12:51 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I dont see whats so special about this Riptoe stuff; sounds like a regular basic workout stripped down to the bare basics....
And the "his clients that he gives it to on AVERAGE gain 30-40 pounds in about 6 months or so" sounds like bull or an exageration.

Why would sticking to the basics with no extras make your body grow such mass?
If anything, the more muscle ripped the more to be repaired the more muscle built; how I see it.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: look any of you lifters [Re: eligal]
    #6069713 - 09/17/06 01:11 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

its not sticking to basics per say. its doing only compound lifts. see there are tons of articles coming out about the subpar effectiveness of iso lifts. at one point everyone thought you had to have iso lifts. now as more reasearch is being done findings are that iso lifting may be a huge factor in people overworking muscles...just because certain lifts hit multiple muscles sooo your isos are actually overkill sometimes.

basically rippetoe is just one of the many compound lift programs becoming very popular. there is an emerging school of thought in body buliding saying programs using all comnpound lifts may be much more effective in building size and strength. rippetoe is the beginner program. its not only for beginners though, iso guys can see great results from this. basically you use rippetoe until you arent making gains with it anymore..then you move on to something more advanced like a 5x5 program. then you have varying degrees of 5x5. you should honestly be able to get a ton of size out of rippetoe as long as you follow a bulkers diet.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: look any of you lifters [Re: eligal]
    #6071031 - 09/17/06 03:15 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:
I dont see whats so special about this Riptoe stuff; sounds like a regular basic workout stripped down to the bare basics....
And the "his clients that he gives it to on AVERAGE gain 30-40 pounds in about 6 months or so" sounds like bull or an exageration.

Why would sticking to the basics with no extras make your body grow such mass?
If anything, the more muscle ripped the more to be repaired the more muscle built; how I see it.

It didn't strike my interest at first, but then I started talking to people who've been on it or read their journals and logs.

One contributing factor is just what you said, people build so much mass with this program. Genetics define the shape of your muscles and physique. So basically if you just add a lot of lean muscle mass and peel away some bodyfat, you're going to be pretty ripped.

People without much mass don't really need to be shaping their muscles with isometric movements like curls and whatnot. It's more or less wasting time and energy that could be focused on gaining mass with compounds.

Another thing I think is that people tend to stick with Ripptoe's program. People try other programs and stop after a while or go their own way, but there's a lot of emphasis on following this program to a T. People are doing this and seeing fantastic results. Simple as that.

People don't like the "easy" answers. If you ask any ripped dude at the gym what the secret to getting big is, what will they tell you? "Eat"..... these kids usually rush off to GNC the next day and pick up some Celltech from Muscletech or something. They don't realize that diet is probably 3/4ths of bodybuilding, if not more important than that.

Like I said earlier, I regret not finding a program like this when I had first started. If I went on Ripptoe's program it would not be as much of a dramatic change seeing as how compounds are primarily my staple movements. Still gaining mass at a good speed though, so I can't complain.

--------------------

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: look any of you lifters [Re: browndustin]
    #6072740 - 09/18/06 12:00 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Im sorry guys but I still dont get it...

Compound lifts are nothing new and I thought were considered the basic workouts.
For example, when I started lifting with a friend in highschool, after some reading and talking to coaches etc, we built our workout routine with compound excercises to start off with, and once we were fatigued from the compounds we would go to isolated workouts to make sure all muscles got worked out thoroughly.
And days where we were busy with something and didnt have enough time for a full workout we would just do a few compound excercises and run off.

How would cutting out the isolates make you bigger? Why is doing less more?  :confused:

Also, I need to ask, does this make you bigger and stronger, or just bigger...? Since Im not a model or anything I couldnt give a rats ass about the appearance/size of my muscles, Im more concerned with performance/strength.

And I understand the diet part, Ive been trying to tweak and perfect my diet for ages now. I have a full fridge and cupboard and a corner full of supplements...  :tongue2:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: eligal]
    #6072780 - 09/18/06 12:17 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: look any of you lifters [Re: dr_gonz]
    #6072818 - 09/18/06 12:38 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
I miss going fucking ballistic while lifting weights. :boxing:

:cool:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#6072850 - 09/18/06 12:54 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

dude let me be honest. no offense to you, believe me idid that kinda shit as a beginner too but that it is a horrible rountine...horrible. waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, a serious overtrain. dont just take my word, have them critique it at bodybuliding.com. you would probably get waaaaaaaay bigger if you chose an actual working rountine. honestly gonz, ive seen some overtrains but yours is the worst. you're hitting chest 7 times..all those workouts also hit your triceps, then you hit tris 7-8 more times. plus you hit your shoulders with the 7 chest workouts and then do like 7 more shoulder exercises.

you are never ever going to get any signifigant growth doing all that.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#6072856 - 09/18/06 12:59 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

if you want more than rippetoe do 5x5 or HST or Max-OT ...if you wanna workout 5 days do max-ot. if you were getting size doing the crazy routine u have there, you will get huge doing something that works

Invisibleroad406
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6072871 - 09/18/06 01:09 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

u know it also mainly depends on genetics...some peoples body can handle the stress and recover VERY FAST.

Whenever i worked out my chest i would do at least 15 sets of isolated chest exercises and 10 sets of bench twice a week and i never once felt sore...

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6073428 - 09/18/06 09:06 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineTruth_Within
Not Knowing
 User Gallery

#6074465 - 09/18/06 03:28 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with KOTT. You have way to many exercises. Like everyone who starts, I also did routines like that. Rippetoe is a good program, but I highly recommend everyone to check out doggcrapp training. Here is an entire forum devoted to this training style. All the stickys have everything you need. http://www.intensemuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6075478 - 09/18/06 07:34 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Invisibleroad406
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6075510 - 09/18/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i would switch wednesdays workout with thursdays...

doing alot of bench(push exercises) puts emphasis on shoulders..

doesnt give u more than 24 hrs to heal your shoulders...proper time should be a minumum of 48 hrs

switching the two workout days will give ur shoulders more time to heal!

GL

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: road406]
    #6075524 - 09/18/06 07:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#6075663 - 09/18/06 08:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I still do chest, back, off, shoulders, arms, legs, off and see great results. But like I always say, work around compounds. Anything else is supplementary. No need to really work on such a large split especially if you aren't the biggest guy like me. But I thrive on this and dedicate lots of time towards getting my diet down and sleeping hard. Should anything in my life change like I meet a woman and get serious about things, I'll definitely change the routine.

There are other mechanics involved as well. Hyperhydration and volumization, combined with extreme stretching protocol afterwards is great. I have new stretch marks on my biceps and on my back/lats since doing this.

Doggcrapp is crazy too. I need to look into that a lot more. The person who started this is apparently really defensive any elitist about this program. He claims that you'll get hurt if you don't do it properly, and stresses that it's imperative that you email him and work with only him, directly otherwise it won't work. Thanks for posting the link, mate. I'll look at it when I have time at work :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order