Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Never did a damn thing.
    #606666 - 04/12/02 05:51 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I just checked on 3 rye cakes that I have been trying to fruit for weeks now. Well I see that little grey spot that means they will be cobweb victims by morning. I swear its been close to a month now and they never even pinned. Has this shit ever happened to anyone else. I am realy getting down about all the work I have put into this with for so little results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Re: Never did a damn thing. [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #606671 - 04/12/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I should also mention that I have a second tank that looks like it will end up the same way. I should have had pins weeks ago. I am going to try just casing the cakes in the pint jars with some foil around them. I will also try some trays of cow shit with casing. I dont know why cakes dont work for me. Arent they supposed to be the simplest method? I am a working college student who always has about 30 hours worth of work to do in a day. I dont have the time to keep playing around with diffent methods. It takes about 2 hours of constant monitoring to pc anything so I realy wish I could just use cakes and not have to wory about all the casing steps.

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
    #606702 - 04/12/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

you shouldnt really try to do rye in cake form, its meant to be cased

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Re: Never did a damn thing. [Re: LSD_4me]
    #606712 - 04/12/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I am using rye because it is cheap and I can do grain to grain tranfers and skip all the agar spore print stuff that I dont have time for. I know rye is a good substrate so why would it be less effective for cakes? Im not arguing with you, just confused. It doesnt make sense to me why rye cakes wouldnt work fine. Do you think casing them in the pint wide mouth jars with foil around the sides would work. I realy need something that requires minimal time. I have 2 tanks so If it is slightly less efficient I can still do enough jars to get a good crop. Also I have 2 vent holes in the bottom of each of my 10 gal aquariums. For the prepinning would i need to cover these holes or cover the jars or is it fine to just leave my bubbler off for this stage? I have put alot of time and money into this and have been trying for about 6 months without a good harvest. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
    #606718 - 04/12/02 06:58 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

well, i dunno why ask someone else who knows more... but i just know from experience bulk subs work best cased... probabally has something to do with abscence of something like verm which is in brf/verm cakes.... but i dunno.... you should jsut go pick up some aluminum tins to case this in... get some verm its easy and wont contam... you could do 50/50 and it would work great but if your just paranoid about casing a vermiculite casing will work fine...

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
    #606727 - 04/12/02 07:03 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

also, just thought id add i wasnt saying rye is a bad substrate, imo its the best!!!

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
    #606746 - 04/12/02 07:22 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the input. I have never realy considered using verm so I need to go read about it. If I remember correctly you dont realy need to sterilize it. I already have a big block of coir that I was planning to use. I have heard lots of good things about it for casing and if I pc I shouldnt have the same contam problems I had the first time. How would you do coco coir in a P.C. Would it be best to just put a chunk of it in then add clean water after you cook or should you mix it up first?

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
    #606750 - 04/12/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

And would it be ok to cook up a lot of it and store in jars? Like I said it takes way more time than I usualy have to pressure cook something so I like to do things in volume. I have a huge p.c. so space is no problem.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale