Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
How to cook shit?
    #606652 - 04/12/02 07:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I am going to try cow shit again and need some help. I dont have nice patties from out of the field but dirt dry 50lb bag stuff. How do I pc jars of this without them turning into bricks? Do I add water before or after I pc them and how much water should I use (___ cups for every quart)? Now that I think about it I have the same question regarding coco coir as well. My last casing attempt was a miserable failure and its about time I had some success. Thanks for your help everyone.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: How to cook shit? [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #606903 - 04/13/02 01:35 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Im not sure if your using the cow dung for bulk substrate or as innoculate like birdseed, so I'll gives my friend's notes for both.
Cow Dung as innoculate:
Take ten cups of cow dung and put in a large bowl. Add I cup of BRF, and 1 cup of whole brown rice. Add enough vermiculite to keep the mix airy. Add enoughj water and mix until when you squeeze an amount in your hand water only trickles out. Now with your hand fill your jars halfway up with the mixture keeping it airy. Put your lids on rubber side up and pressure cook for 45 minutes, then when its cool your ready to go.
Cow Dung as Bulk Substrate:
Take the dung and mix with peatmoss and hydrated lime at a ratio of 10:5:1/2*half*. ( this may seem like a casing recipie but its not,the peatmoss keeps the dung from compacting and drying out while its being colonized). Now add water until you can only squeeze a few drops from a good hand full. Now place the "rehydrated dung" into a baking pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1& 1/2 hours at 350 degrees. Let cool and there you go.

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Re: How to cook shit? [Re: bluhoney]
    #607032 - 04/13/02 05:39 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks alot Bluehoney, very helpfull as always. I havent been able to get a damn thing out of rye cakes so Im going to make another attempt at using rye to spawn dung and then casing.

OfflineSkankfeet
journeyman
Re: How to cook shit? [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #607149 - 04/13/02 11:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

you might also try straw and case with dung mixture. there are many tec's out there ,check em out ...I like straw and I like dookey; especially when properly made into a sandwich for my little buddys to consume :^)

--------------------
I'm never SURE of anything

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation