Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrancedd
candyflipper
Male User Gallery

UK Liberty Caps
    #6061088 - 09/14/06 02:19 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Just been on my first ever hunt and found about five of what I thought seemed to be liberty caps. Ended up throwing them away as it was just a test hunt and I didn't really come prepared.

* Habitat: Found in Newcastle (UK) in a cowfield and in amongst medium length grass after heavy rains.
* Characteristics of the gills: Gills were brown, picture to follow.
* Characteristics of the stem: Stem was about an inch long and 1 - 2mm diameter. It wrapped round my finger without snapping although split slightly. Was a yellow/brown colour.
* Characteristics of the cap: Cap seemed fairly small and was a lighter brown than the gills. Seemed to have a film across the top although it didn't all peal off in one go, but a piece at a time. Did not seem to have a nipple on the end like the liberty caps I've seen so far.
* Spore print color: No spore print taken.
* Color that the mushroom bruises: Didn't seem to bruise although was not in my posession for long.
* Scent of the mushroom: Not checked.

The mushrooms looked very much like the one here on the far left in that they did not have the "nipples" noticeable on the other mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not So Great Britain
Re: UK Liberty Caps [Re: Trancedd]
    #6061102 - 09/14/06 02:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yep, Libs for sure. Enjoy!  :laugh:

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

OfflineShroomeyfinder
Happy hunting in Humboldt!
Male

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: UK Liberty Caps [Re: Amatoxin]
    #6061141 - 09/14/06 02:32 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Amatoxin said:
Yep, Libs for sure. Enjoy!  :laugh:

Too bad he ended up throwing them away :frown:

--------------------
Let us go dance into the night....and let the vibe of hundreds of awesome people surround us... let us get to know eatchother and everyone else..emotionally..spirtually..and mentally..please..can I hold you close..and protect you...can you hold me close and protect me...because even equivalent exchange must play it's role in a relationship...I want to find you, you are somewhere out there my lover...

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Re: UK Liberty Caps [Re: Shroomeyfinder]
    #6061198 - 09/14/06 02:45 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Well done!

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: UK Liberty Caps [Re: Trancedd]
    #6061209 - 09/14/06 02:48 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Trancedd,

From what I understand, the photo you posted is not a picture of the mushrooms you found, but rather you posted it as a reference because one of the mushrooms in the photo looks like the mushrooms you found. Is this correct?

If this is the case, I would like to point out that the positive IDs you were given may not be accurate. The mushrooms in the photo are certainly Psilocybe semilanceata, however your description (lacking spore print) is not detailed enough to render certainty of identification to genus, let alone to species.

OfflineShroomeyfinder
Happy hunting in Humboldt!
Male

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: UK Liberty Caps [Re: shroomydan]
    #6061228 - 09/14/06 02:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
Hey Trancedd,

From what I understand, the photo you posted is not a picture of the mushrooms you found, but rather you posted it as a reference because one of the mushrooms in the photo looks like the mushrooms you found. Is this correct?

If this is the case, I would like to point out that the positive IDs you were given may not be accurate. The mushrooms in the photo are certainly Psilocybe semilanceata, however your description (lacking spore print) is not detailed enough to render certainty of identification to genus, let alone to species.

Ah ok if thats the case then he didnt throw all those away, if that was his find and ended up tossing them ouch lol.

--------------------
Let us go dance into the night....and let the vibe of hundreds of awesome people surround us... let us get to know eatchother and everyone else..emotionally..spirtually..and mentally..please..can I hold you close..and protect you...can you hold me close and protect me...because even equivalent exchange must play it's role in a relationship...I want to find you, you are somewhere out there my lover...

OfflineTrancedd
candyflipper
Male User Gallery

#6061318 - 09/14/06 03:11 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah if I'm completely honest I wasn't expecting a completely positive ID.

This was my first hunt and I didn't come prepared as I'd been for a few drinks with my mate and just fancied checking the field out. I placed a mushroom in my hand to have a photo taken as about the most effective container I had was my pocket - and noticed tiny little insects jumping about and dropping out the mushroom. They actually looked like tiny fleas hence throwing them away.

The only reason I really wanted a few was to ID on shroomery, but I wasn't going to carry them about when one of them appeared to be infested with mites.

However, we did get a photo before we noticed which I will post up soon. I can't imagine it being overly helpfull though.

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not So Great Britain
    #6061348 - 09/14/06 03:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I was referring to the image posted. If you are using a pic off the web as a comparison I can't help.

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

Offlinezeegos
Shroomagator
 User Gallery

Loc: bat country
    #6061556 - 09/14/06 03:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

How long after it rained did you go on the hunt?

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
    #6061557 - 09/14/06 03:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

just a word from me on the subject, how do you see if the spore print is purple ish from such a small print??

should i scan it into a computer and zoom in?

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies