Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

random finds
    #6061072 - 09/14/06 02:15 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

what are these and wtf are the amanita i found them were i found the mushroom in a jar but 2 years later i think the amanita just faded cause all the rain or they are some other. not exactly sure but my bets on faded formosa like the one in the jar from same spot 2 years ago the first is my old one the rest are new. the orange ones bleed on me i had orange all over my hands are they jack o lanterns? they just really caught my eye BTW its raining ill get spore print soon. also sorry about fuzzyness in some of the pics

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (09/14/06 02:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: random finds [Re: thedudenj]
    #6061223 - 09/14/06 02:51 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The orange ones are indeed Jack 'O Lanterns. Your Amanitas look poisonous to me.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: random finds [Re: shroomydan]
    #6061422 - 09/14/06 03:34 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i dunno why would you say poisonous, poisonous like pantherina or like something deadly. im really thinking eather patherina or just faded colour formosa. if they are in fact deadly im just gona dry em or preserve them in a jar. im gona do a test and boil them and see if it makes a tea that smells like active in Amanita.as stupid as that sounds. btw i could take more pictures im not sure there the best ones

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (09/14/06 03:58 PM)

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #6061522 - 09/14/06 03:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Pantherinas can be deadly. Not a Formosa, the bulb isn't right. Don't have much experience with Pantherina so I can't tell if it's that. Boiling and smelling it will tell you nothing.

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
    #6061535 - 09/14/06 03:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I don’t know... The base of the stipe looks somewhat indistinct and bulbous... not exactly what I would expect from most pantherina. Of course this could just be the product of the somewhat blurry images... don't take that personal. You should see some of my pictures.

georgem

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: random finds [Re: georgeM]
    #6061573 - 09/14/06 04:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Dont eat those - they do look poisonous. They're not the droids you're looking for. :laugh:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6061589 - 09/14/06 04:09 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

what do you mean by the bulb isnt right? and ill take more pics

--------------------

Edited by thedudenj (09/14/06 04:13 PM)

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
    #6061604 - 09/14/06 04:12 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The bulb is one of the defining characteristcs of A. muscaria, and this one is definately not Muscaria or anything you should consider eating.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: random finds [Re: Feelers]
    #6061615 - 09/14/06 04:15 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i dont understand its to me it looks like it has a bulb like every other amanita M i have found? i really think its just really color faded and the same as the one i have in the jar. tho it could just be clouded judgement cause i want some. and how do i make my jacks glow in the dark?

--------------------

Edited by thedudenj (09/14/06 04:19 PM)

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #6061630 - 09/14/06 04:22 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, you might be too hopeful. But don't let your hopes get the best of you, do not eat those! Throw them away to curb temptation, those are not mushrooms you should be eating.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: random finds [Re: CureCat]
    #6061684 - 09/14/06 04:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i like patherina tho. i think im just gona preserve the rest so could that mean my one in the jar was the same type? since its the same spot, the one in the jar easily made 4-6 doses and made me nausous and i felt abdominal pain for the first hr i thought i was gona die so i dumped out my tea and then at the 2 hr mark everything was ok! i was smelling stuff on tv and other amantita stuff. or could it just be that thats a good habitate for any amanita?

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6061704 - 09/14/06 04:42 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

oh just wondering kinda the wrong place to pot this but i was in a health store and two employies were talking about where to stock the ibo-ten-ic acid if brewed will that make the active in amanita? is it even the same stuff

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #6061707 - 09/14/06 04:42 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ehhhhh.....

Uh oh.

--------------------

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
    #6061716 - 09/14/06 04:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Are you bon jovi?

I second curecat's "uh oh"... eating strange mushrooms is not a good idea... especially when they are of the Amanita genus

georgem

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6061725 - 09/14/06 04:48 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

but any one know if thats the same ibo-ten-ic acid?

--------------------

Invisiblecoon
big odd son

Loc: behind the rows....
Re: random finds *DELETED* [Re: georgeM]
    #6061727 - 09/14/06 04:49 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by coon

Reason for deletion: m

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: random finds [Re: coon]
    #6061787 - 09/14/06 05:06 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
Your Amanitas look poisonous to me.

Quote:

xmush said:
Pantherinas can be deadly. Not a Formosa, the bulb isn't right. Don't have much experience with Pantherina so I can't tell if it's that. Boiling and smelling it will tell you nothing.

Quote:

Feelers said:
Dont eat those - they do look poisonous.

Why did you go ahead and eat any of the Amanitas pictured in this post???

Well, if you think you know better... I hope you're right.

--------------------

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#6062184 - 09/14/06 07:08 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

First thing you need to know about A. muscaria is that the base of the mushroom has shaggy, concentric veil remnants. It is THE defining characteristic of the species. Yours don'd have that, and are therefore not A. muscaria. Given that, you shouldn't eat them. There are deadly amanitas, and there is pantherina which can make you sick or die. Also, Pantherina usually has those concentric rings as well. Once again, I don't see them in any of your pictures. You should assume that mushroom is poisonous, especially since it made you vomit! Next stage with amanita poisoning is that you'll feel better for a day or two, and then liver failure will set in and you can die.

Just because the mushroom grew in the same spot does not mean it's the same mushroom. Especially with amanitas where I tend to see multiple, sometimes 5-10 different species growing all close to each other.

Offlineloopin20
Stranger
Female
    #6062417 - 09/14/06 07:57 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

You should not drink alcohol for at least a week. I hope you are joking about eating those. If not, good luck....

OfflineMeat_hod
sick shit
Male

Re: random finds [Re: loopin20]
    #6062492 - 09/14/06 08:12 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

First of all, that is NOT A. Muscaria var. formosa. Second, it is most likely a Panther, or something like A. cothurnata or A. gemmata, and Non of those three should be eaten, and could very well be fatal.

But it's your call, personally, id eat it, and see if anything happens, lets say liver failure, vomiting, coma, death, sounds awesome to me! I mean, even if it did work out ok, your trip is going to be spent worrying if in 3 days your going to suddenly drop dead. But i guess thats the thrill of it all right!

p.s. - Go out hunting some more, formosa's are common, and it wont take long before you find one that can be possitevly ID'd. Just don't fucking eat that!

--------------------

OfflineLich_king
Rev
 User Gallery

#6062502 - 09/14/06 08:14 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Why not drink alcolhol? I was stupid and miss identified a a amanitas last weak and ate a very very small piece and tried to throw it up, but I still got a bit sick. Left leg is still screwed up for some reason, kinda paralysed a bit and tounge is swelled a tiny bit. Not to bad getting better but Ihave been downing the alcolhol!!! Should i stop? I hate to think of that.

--------------------
Nothing man can imagine is impossible, that is our limitation as man.

Offlineloopin20
Stranger
Female
Re: random finds [Re: Lich_king]
    #6062652 - 09/14/06 08:53 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, not a good idea to be drinking when you don't know what has poisoned you. Do a google for alcohol and shroom poisoning. The synergistic effects can be fatal.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#6062885 - 09/14/06 09:41 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I think loopin20 is thinking of the reaction caused by drinking alcohol after certain Coprinus mushrooms are eaten. It can be very unpleasant. I've never heard of such a thing from Amanitas.

I would play Russian Roullete before I would ever eat an amanita that i was not 100% sure of the ID. You people who claim to have eaten them recently - if you care about your health go to the hospital, and bring some of what you eat. Your life may depend on it.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: random finds [Re: xmush]
    #6063432 - 09/15/06 12:56 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yeah Coprinus  are the alcohol ones it was in fact in a episode of samuria champloon and called it the one night mushrooom. Tho the one in that jar was good at first i felt pain but that was clearly psychlogically fucking myself when the actual amanita was effecting me everything was good tho sadly i dumped the tea down the drain which was sad cause i only drank 1/5 or so, and i was waiting for some one to say gemmata or cothurnata  cause thats what i really thought it was. but since im in the east probally cothurnata which is a type of patherina. for all those worried about my health i wont comsume but i will presreve. and like i said the one in the jar was wonderful. also could be multisquamosa or velatipes  which are all types of panther and im not afriad to eat pather ones. and btw im leaning heavly toward it bieng velatipes http://pluto.njcc.com/~ret/amanita/species/velatipe.html . :schoolsout:
http://www.mushroomexpert.com/amanita_pantherina.html
and to be honest the one in the jar was the most weirdest looking formosa i ever saw compared to every one i have ever found.
and wow im 98% cerain that it is velatipe

--------------------

Edited by thedudenj (09/15/06 01:27 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies