Home | Community | Message Board

Mycotrop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinekRiSIS112
Stranger
 User Gallery
Psil. Azurescens indoors help please * 1
    #6058913 - 09/13/06 11:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hi all.  I just recently bought some syringes of Psil. Azurescens and Cyanescens to cultivate.  The thing is that as I understand, it's really late in the season to start growth on this stuff, and it would take at least an entire year to see any fruiting.  Thus, I would like to take a stab at the indoor cultivation tek outlined by mobyd, which you can find at this link:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?&Number=1020070

I was wondering if there are any pitfalls to avoid or if there's any missing info from this tek that could cause my little babies to be doomed before I even start.

Also, the last poster mentioned that he had excellent luck colonizing the azurescens with vermiculite, something commonly associated more with cubensis teks.  Has this been confirmed?  He also said the ultrasonic humidifier would be able to cause them to fruit very nicely, and I was wondering if this was also true as it IS Azurescens (hard to grow regardless) and it IS indoors (even harder)...

Also, there's this tek for indoor cultivation.  I'm unsure if these two teks are really able to be combined for the perfect indoor cultivation technique.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25150

Anyone have any tips for me to get started?  Any help is appreciated.  :smile:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemushnoon
MushNoob
Male User Gallery
Re: Psil. Azurescens indoors help please [Re: kRiSIS112]
    #6058938 - 09/13/06 11:27 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

have you grown cubes before? if not, i suggest starting there.

--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

Offlinealpiner
goober

Loc: USA
Re: Psil. Azurescens indoors help please [Re: mushnoon]
    #6059084 - 09/14/06 12:05 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

tomorrow or the next day check over at mycotopia, the site should be back up, one of those guys just posted a bunch of pics of them (a few days before it went down)
from what they were saying over there azures and Psil. Cyans benefit from unpastuerized casing and of course need cold temps to fruit
one thing some folks have done is put their colonized tubs out in the cold temps to get them to fruit
similar info is found here as well, good luck

Edited by alpiner (09/14/06 12:06 AM)

OfflinekRiSIS112
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Psil. Azurescens indoors help please [Re: alpiner]
    #6064874 - 09/15/06 04:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I tried growing cubes a few months ago, but I think I must've packed the jars too tight with vermiculite or they were too dry because of twelve jars, all were failed experiments. The two or three best were half-filled with excellent mycelium, and none were contaminated, which is what I was really proud of, hah. Definitely sucked, though, having all of them wasted.

@alpiner: Did the site go down for legal reasons? And does "tubs" mean the same thing as jars? I was thinking of using a ventilated fridge for cold temps and fresh air. Please PM me if you have any sensitive info.

Edited by kRiSIS112 (09/15/06 04:16 PM)

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Psil. Azurescens indoors help please [Re: kRiSIS112]
    #6065064 - 09/15/06 05:05 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I've been planning an Indoor grow of Azurescens too.

First I am going to practice isolating cubie mycelium from contams with agar before wasting an expensive syringe. Cubies are really easy to grow, If you've had problems with them I think you better first work on your techniques before moving to wood lovers.

By the time I've got enough colonized wood chips it will too cold outside in my area to start an outdoor bed. So I will be planning on fruiting them in my garage which stays pretty cold.

Does anyone know what would be an optimal temp range to initiate pinning with Azures?

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psil. Azurescens indoors help please [Re: musher_420]
    #6065358 - 09/15/06 06:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

"Does anyone know what would be an optimal temp range to initiate pinning with Azures? "

About 40F. I wouldn't recommend Azures for an indoor project. Start them indoors, but transfer them outdoors to fruit. They don't fruit well indoors on sterilized substrates/casings, requiring the plethoria of organisms in the soil to do well.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Psil. Azurescens indoors help please [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6065439 - 09/15/06 06:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Ok thanks.

You bring up a good point. I was thinking I could just mimic the environmental conditions indoors but I forgot about the contamination problems that come with indoor growing compared to outdoor.

Maybe I should just wait till spring to try to fruit them. Do you think it would be too long to let the spawn run for 6 months then if I kept transferring new wood chips?

BTW: Sorry to hijack the thread Krisis. But I think my questions will help you out too.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Edited by musher_420 (09/15/06 06:45 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation