Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegeat
The Last
Male

first time hunt
    #6056997 - 09/13/06 12:19 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'm new to shrooming, this forum, and everything that has to do with shrooms. I've been reading quite a bit about them. yesterday, i was walking my dog in the woods to just look around, not expecting to find anything. I made it to this clearing near a lake behind my house. I spot this sort of familiar looking mushroom, so I go up to it and start studying it. I come to the conclusion that there is a VERY small chance that the mushroom, and the nice surrounding patch, might possibly be cubensis. But then again, what do i know? I'm new.

*found in the woods, in a clearing, near an extremely old rotten tree. the tree has almost returned to dirt, thats how old it is.
*some short a tall grasses surround the patch.
*nice golden color caps, but they are quite dirty so its hard to tell
*off white stems, but they're dirty so it's hard to tell as well

as you can tell, i picked the not so great ones. If they are in fact cubensis' then i will go pick the good ones a have a good weekend. If you could please help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

oh yeah, by the way, I live in missouri, in a suburb of kansas city. if that makes a difference. from what i've read, the climate has been perfect lately for shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegeat
The Last
Male

Re: first time hunt [Re: geat]
    #6057061 - 09/13/06 12:43 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

if you need more pics, just say so and i will post them

Invisibleyob
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6057069 - 09/13/06 12:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry to disappoint, but there is no way those are P. Cubensis. The habitat is completly wrong. Cubes grow on cow shit. Read up a little more on them. Also, I believe Cube season is nearing an end.

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
    #6057148 - 09/13/06 01:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hey there.
It is absolutely essential to make spore print if you hope to identify your mushrooms. It is highly unlikely you have found P. cubensis however it would be good idea to make spore prints just to familiarize yourself with the process. Check the FAQs for instructions.
I’m near Kansas City and have never found cubes occurring in a “natural” setting (though the term is somewhat dubious as agricultural environments are not technically “natural“).
There was a post from this general region a few years ago by someone who found late season cubensis in north eastern Kansas. If you would be interested in reading the thread just use the shroomery search engine to look for Kansas and peacefulnomad (the poster). Though the thread is really awesome I would consider his finds exceptional.
Due to this year’s excessive heat and lack of rain mushrooms of every kind in this region have been somewhat sparse, I’ve only found a handful of actives and edibles thus far.
Good luck
georgem

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Loc: CT
Re: first time hunt [Re: georgeM]
    #6057172 - 09/13/06 01:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

those look too old to make a print.
and just a quick question, what temp range do cubies grow in?

just curious...

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures