Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: College Confusion [Re: Fractalated]
    #6068715 - 09/16/06 07:34 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

it's still early. school just started 2 or 3 weeks ago probably. in 2 months from now things will be completely different. there's plenty of like minded people out there, you just havent met them yet.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekake Happy Birthday!
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: College Confusion [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6069469 - 09/16/06 11:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

remember that a lot of those kids who seem to have made friends already, well those friends are still very new to them too. just talk to everyone man. become a good conversationalist. even if it feels like small talk and meaningless, you will find the people who you can click with and the ones you can't. i miss college very much. it's not all about getting fucked up either. im not that type of person, but i partied a lot, because basically your only responsibilities are getting your schoolwork done, and some of it doesn't even matter- you get a grade, not a paycheck. so lots of people are like WOOOHOO FREEDOM! just take advantage of college man. once its over, you will wish you were still there trust me. it won't be what you dreamed it to be, but it can be a lot of things you might not expect it to be, too. if someone invites you to a party, go to it!~ if it sucks, leave. but you won't know unless you go. and sometimes, if theres a bunch of morons acted like wasted idiots, you will really stand out and shine, and the good folk will gravitate to you. it took me a while to find my niche in college, but once you do, you will love it.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineFractalated
There's no onehome up there...

Re: College Confusion [Re: kake]
    #6069497 - 09/17/06 12:11 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I see what you're saying. A lot of my original post was based around a feeling of homesickness: withdrawal from my addiction to the comforts of home and loved ones there. As I'm getting to know people better and make friends, I'm already starting to feel better and less confused. I think it's the initial shock of the transition that was fucking with me.

--------------------
"Now that the principalities and the powers stockpile weapons of mass destruction, contaminate the earth with their feverish industry, release floods of images to trigger insatiable desires, treat animals and humans as commodities and functions of a market, the devil must be grinning from ear to ear."

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: College Confusion [Re: Fractalated]
    #6070552 - 09/17/06 12:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This too shall pass

--------------------

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Loc: UK, Hellas
Re: College Confusion [Re: Shroomism]
    #6070757 - 09/17/06 01:30 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

In college everyone is open to new friendships and new "experiences" its when you go out of college that things get difficult!

Its nothing you should worry about, even if you don't try you'll find many friends! I made tones of friends simply because I was always flicking my tongue piercing (I miss it now that I took it out). People just came and talked to me saying:

uuuuhhhh that's digusting - avoided these ppl
or
man, wanna come for a joint
or
we are organising this rave, you are invited

alhtouhg its also good to meet people that are different than you, don't just go for the hippie/spiritual/druggie type!

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: College Confusion [Re: trunksan]
    #6075854 - 09/18/06 08:50 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Good to hear things are going well, Fractaled.  :thumbup:

Things are going fine for me....... Now if only I could find a trip buddy....

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

OfflineRambel
Stranger

Re: College Confusion [Re: Feanor]
    #6077375 - 09/19/06 09:49 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I too just moved far from home to go to school. I came here not knowing a soul.

I was at school and saw a person alone smoking on a bench. I went up and bummed a smoke off of them and now we are friends. I actually went up to their place on the weekend to go whale watching.

You will make friends. I promise you.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]