Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefingers
mycomaniacalmember
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia south east
My PR grow update
    #6045648 - 09/10/06 12:42 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hi guys,

It's been a while since i did an update on my grow so i thought i'd do one now. When i posted last i think i had 30 cakes colonising, now it's down to a dozen.
I reeeeeeally shoulda got a P.C back then, but eh, you live and learn. I have a pretty nice yet cheap 12 liter P.C now so losing THAT many cakes to contams shouldn't be an issue again.

ATM I have 4 cakes fruiting, another 4 due to be birthed in the next few days, and another 4 that still have a ways to go. The smaller cakes are 500ml PP take away containers, and there are 2 700ml canning jars at about 90% colonisation.

Here's a few pics of the first of the first flush of these 4 cakes.

Sorry this ones a bit blurry. I think i didnt have the camera on macro. (new 5.2 megapixel cam on lay away, cant wait for some nicer pics :smile: )

And the last image is of my Cambo L.C. It's progress is slow, but it is progressing.

And the last image is of the simple F.C I'm using. Just a plastic storage tub (rubbermaid style). The white tray you see leaning on the wall is supported by 4 PP take away tubs upturned. Getting the temp high enough without the humidity level drastically dropping has been a pain in the butt.
I guess some fine tuning, trial and error, I'll get it to that sweet spot (hopefully) :smile:

Anyway, thanks for having made me feel so welcome when i joined a lil while back. And sorry the update's been so slow coming.

I'm still getting use to UBB, I'm totally familiar with VB, UBB is pretty new to me still though. So if i stuff somethin up when posting, my apologies.

Oh btw, would it be ok to post a couple of pics of my weed grow in here? I was going to, but then thought it might be a bit off topic in here. I'll get the hang on shroomery soon i guess. :smile:

Take care all

Fingers  :crazy2:

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. (Plato)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephunker
Stranger thenStrange

Loc: At your door with spores
Re: My PR grow update [Re: fingers]
    #6046403 - 09/10/06 11:17 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

30 down to a dozen that's brutal.  Them cakes lookquite nice though.  Keep it up, keep it posted. :laugh:

Offlinefingers
mycomaniacalmember
Male User Gallery

Re: My PR grow update [Re: phunker]
    #6046533 - 09/10/06 12:22 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Phunk,

And 'Hell YES' losing all those cakes really sucked. What made it worse was howh staggered the contams were. I'd lost about 2-3 at a time, and the last few were at least %60-70 colonised.
One of them i took out of the tub, broke away all the uncolonised substrate, cut away anything remotely suspect, and bleach dunked the half a cake that was colonised.
I DEC'ed it, and waited to see how it went. The bleach in the dunk water was reeeeally strong ( I can say that now that i know how little ur meant to use :P)
I got only 1/4 ounce of dry fruit off it, but the fact that it fruited at all was a huge surprise to me.

Oh, new pics :smile: in less then 12 hours these suckers grew this much. (i know it's normal speed, but being my early days of growing it still surprises me :smile: )

I like that one :smile:

This one not so bad either i think. U might notice a lighter behind the fruit to help guage the size/scale of the boomers.

This is a different grow. This is the first of the white button mushroom mycelium pushing through the casing. I have two bags soon to fruit. Should be interesting comparing the taste of home grown white buttons to the supermarket batches.

And last but not least, my mother plant. This is a white widow, skunk cross. I tasted some of the flowers of this strain the week i got the seed that grew this plant, and WOW, it was outstanding pot!.
I plan to take about a dozen clones from this gurl, so it'll become worthy of its own growlog/thread when the scale increases.
She's just simple drip fed hydro. Germinated in a rockwool cube and grown over a basket of expanded clay balls.
I think she's lovely myself, but i might be biased :P

Anyway, thanks again for commenting Phunk. I totally understand that the grow is probably painfully boring to a lot of members. Afterall, theyre simple stock standard PF cakes. Nothing experimental or overly interesting. So sorry if it lacks something. I have the second and 3rd grows in their early stages and hope to be trying some funky growing in the not so distant future.

Take care guys :smile:

Fingers

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. (Plato)

Offlinephunker
Stranger thenStrange

Loc: At your door with spores
    #6047149 - 09/10/06 04:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

definitely gorgeous plant :laugh: how old is she?  THe fruits are looking crucial as well, ahhhhh they grow up so fast don't they? :biggrin:
Looking forward to more pics and following grows isn't nearly as boring as you sonded it out to be.

Offlinefingers
mycomaniacalmember
Male User Gallery

Re: My PR grow update [Re: phunker]
    #6052410 - 09/12/06 03:33 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Phunk :smile:

She's definately a lot happier then she was a few weeks back. She's just under 5 weeks old now.
I went out and got some clonex, some clone spray for misting, and a rockwool slab to cut into small bricks for the clones. When they start to kick off i'll throw up a pic or two.

The reason i was saying the grows are boring was based more in the method rather then results. The weed is a standard drip fed set up, and the boomers are a plain old PF tek with no additives or variations on the method or substrate.
I just figure you guy's must see standard PF's teks constantly so i thought it might get a little repititious and boring. So even moreso, thanks for the kind words :smile:

I know these booms aren't expecially massive, but they're the biggest suckers that I've grown so far. I like this pic a lot :smile:

And this pic is only a few days since the last, but i plan on taking a bunch of clones off her so it's the last time she's gonna look this healthy for a while. Oh not to mention i got my new 5.2 megapixel fuji camera  :thumbup: :smile:

Thanks again for posting Phunk. Compared to most of the grows on shroomery my cakes aren't anything overly exciting. So having someone, even one person who likes ur pics is pretty cool.

Be well buddy

Fingers

--------------------

OfflineDr_Weird
Medicine Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Laboratory
    #6052420 - 09/12/06 03:47 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I think it's awesome you are able to take on a variety of projects. Keep up the good work  :cool:

What method are you using for the white button mushrooms? Is it complicated?

InvisibleBoarders
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: My PR grow update [Re: Dr_Weird]
    #6052474 - 09/12/06 05:19 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Nice one fingers. Excellent choice of breeding stock on the plant too - Skunk and WW are my faves, but to have a hybrid is awesome...

Offlinefingers
mycomaniacalmember
Male User Gallery

Re: My PR grow update [Re: Boarders]
    #6056276 - 09/13/06 05:54 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks guys :smile:

Doc, i'd be a liar if i took any credit for the buttons. This is my first grow with edibles and it was kind of a spur of the moment deal.
I always planned to try some edibles, but not so soon.
I was walking through a K-Mart and saw two fully colonised white button grow kits marked down to $5 each. (recommended retail approx.$40 each).
Theyd sat on the shelf for a week and the store got spooked about the 'time sensative' label on the box i think. I got both boxes for $5. A pete moss/lime casing came with the kit sealed and sterile. I figured, 'hey for the price, hell yeah'. :smile:

Not that white buttons are overly precious, but i'll make a bunch of prints regardless if they're tastey.

That pic is pre-casing btw. One of em started shrining away from the box and looked a little dry. I was worried it wouldn't come through but there's a nice light fluffy mycelial growth of about 20-30%. (does anyone know if the term rhyzomorphic applies to all mushroom varieties or strictly cubensis??).
Speaking of multiple projects Doc, this is probably the lowest maintenance grow I'm doing (or have done ever even). My Papivar Somniferum's(poppies).
These are young persian whites I've been waiting on for some time now. They're not the quickest psychotropic flora in the world, that i can say with certainty. :smile:

I have a huge petting zoo/farm about 5 min's from my house and i have a great arrangement with the owners. (great people :smile: rednecks, but very friendly :laugh: )
I was trying to figure a good way to dry a big batch of manure, so the bulk of my horse i just threw into a big assed cover given to me by a neighbour down the road (boat cover maybe?? dunno) and drape it across a metal rack given to me by the same neighbour. (he must think i'm a little strange :P)

The racks propped up with a couple of paint cans to avoid that wet patch you get on the botton.
I have some kangaroo manure, some water buffalo, horse, donkey, cow, and i plan on getting some lama and goat n sheep next time.
I wasn't game enough to go into the pen with the ram, he was a big angry lookin mutha :smile: ('mutha' aloud guys? :laugh:)
Anyway, yeah, should make for some interesting education. I dont think I've come across anyone who's tried Kangaroo,llama or water buffalo poo in a bulk grow before. :smile:
last pic

I like that one too :smile:

oh and sorry boarders, didnt miss u there (almost :P) I luv widow and skunk too. A lot of ppl seem to steer away because of the smell factor when its growing, but damn, thats half the fun to me :laugh:
(i got a fairly large property, ppl smell nada :smile:

Be well guys

Fingers :smile:

Anyway, take care guys

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate